KatiesKarma

Suicide will just reincarnate me into another infinitely worse dimension?

45 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Loba said:

You go onto the next place depending on your emotional state and karma.  It is complicated, I do not know how karma works. But emotionally a stressed person will create that because manifestation happens faster.  A calm person will have a calm experience.  Practice dying calm while alive and work on good karma, too and the next life will be better. 

Yes the key seems to be not to go when in a fucked up state of mind, although that leaves one wondering what happens to the insane or otherwise very unstable people. They just going to "hell" because of genetics? Although maybe genetics have something to do with karma. Ugh

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

Just ideas and beliefs.

Ideas and beliefs rule your Life, why wouldn't they influence your afterlife

10 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

Yes the key seems to be not to go when in a fucked up state of mind, although that leaves one wondering what happens to the insane or otherwise very unstable people. They just going to "hell" because of genetics? Although maybe genetics have something to do with karma. Ugh

I wish I understood better how karma functions, but yes emotional state has a lot to do with it and I don't think it's fair either lol.  I like to think the soul's group, or family members would come to get the person and show them how to use their mental/emotional state in the afterlife.  Or perhaps the person quickly enters another body out of fear.  There is probably, just like on earth a lot of different ways death goes down because different cultures have documented very complex, but unique understandings of the afterlife and how it works.  I think it will be primarily benevolent, though, just like life.  I don't think death wants to harm, I think it would console, and inform, and show a person how to do better.  I think, once the frightened soul is calmed, then they have the option of staying to heal, to contemplate on life and to just be connected with everything.  I think only the mind creates hell.  I think it will be okay, just like life or a pinball machine, learning the ropes on how to incarnate.  We are probably all students.  In a loving school, of forgiveness, safety and goodness.  I think going in informed is good though, and probably clears a lot of karma.  Just my beliefs though.

On 12/14/2021 at 1:11 AM, KatiesKarma said:

So would the Universe recycle "me"?

No, you will accumulate karma. You'll have to deal with it someday. You can't escape.

i used to think that, that i fucked up myself so much that i want to lose this body and get a new one in hopes of a better life

then i saw clearly how killing myself would not end my suffering, perhaps 'relief' but just create more confusion that i know somehow i would have to clear one day, i am glad i didn't do that because i'm actually enjoying life and less than a year ago i actually slit myself waiting to die. surrender to what is and the thought of death won't really arise

unless this is purely just thought then i think you will have to deal with that action/karma at some point

just be here, if you can do it this moment you can do it the next moment

this is the now, now is all that is real, the truth is now, not your concept or experience, just this

is there suffering in this ? work to be done young jedi. me

Suffering is felt differently in ethereal realm, since there is no ego. 

But the emotional believes you had when you died form your soul and the soul determines the experiences it wants to make in the next life.

Edited by Windappreciator

12 hours ago, catcat69123 said:

i used to think that, that i fucked up myself so much that i want to lose this body and get a new one in hopes of a better life

then i saw clearly how killing myself would not end my suffering, perhaps 'relief' but just create more confusion that i know somehow i would have to clear one day, i am glad i didn't do that because i'm actually enjoying life and less than a year ago i actually slit myself waiting to die. surrender to what is and the thought of death won't really arise

unless this is purely just thought then i think you will have to deal with that action/karma at some point

I can also see how perhabs initially there would be relief but then (shame) and regret would take over because the "job" was not finished at all.

This is purely thought since Life can get so fucking miserable that a way out would be nice but suicide does not seem to provide such an escape

12 hours ago, Windappreciator said:

Suffering is felt differently in ethereal realm, since there is no ego. 

But the emotional believes you had when you died form your soul and the soul determines the experiences it wants to make in the next life.

Okay it seems as though there are quite a lot of variations as to what comes after Death. Options go from various forms of hell (intense suffering in the ethereal realm with no egoish mind) to almost immediate bathing in God's Love plus Life review. I imagine the lower your consciousness when you go the more likely you stay stuck in the shitty realms

There are various interpretation about what happens when one dies, let alone with suicide.

I'll just say that it is quite common to more or less decide to go, especially when you are old and the end is near.

Sometimes, the frontier between suicide and a natural death isn't so easy to distinguish. An exemple is when you've got a degenerative terminal illness and you decide to stop it there before it turns you into a legume.

My country has one of the most liberal practices when it comes to end of life, and it doesn't seem correct to assume all people who decide on when and how to end their lives are necessarily creating dense karma for themselves. 

Edited by Etherial Cat

2 hours ago, KatiesKarma said:

Okay it seems as though there are quite a lot of variations as to what comes after Death. Options go from various forms of hell (intense suffering in the ethereal realm with no egoish mind) to almost immediate bathing in God's Love plus Life review. I imagine the lower your consciousness when you go the more likely you stay stuck in the shitty realms

If you believe you were in hell when you died than you take that state with yourself until you get another life where you can work yourself out of it.

You are not "stuck" in any "shitty realm". 

All your emotional states is what constitutes your "after life" and that is what you will be when you die, as far as i know.

Whether you kill yourself or not, forgive yourself for doing something you regret out of pain and suffering.

Edited by Windappreciator

@Etherial Cat Good points.  Death is complicated.  There's a lot going on there with it.  I don't think people like that accrue karma either.  I think it has to do with emotional state, how you 'let go'.  Also if there is more you needed to do, then karma will still be there imo.  But someone dying of terminal illness is probably in a different category of karma than say, a young girl who commits suicide because of bullying, or something.

There's probably beings who oversee this sort of thing and can sort people with the utmost fairness.

A person who is terminal might be ready to let go after a lot of contemplation and will not have karma because of how they approach death openly.  They might be at peace and then move onto higher places.

I think karma is something the individual knows best as well, where they need to work on or if they are truly ready to leave.  We can only speculate, but I have a feeling it is also ultra personal and so impossible to categorize too much on how karma works.  I've been reading a lot about the wheel ? though, and how it sorts people for the next life.  Like cogs and gears we have free will to open just through self development, more and more is permitted by unlocking reality.  I'll bet the process is mechanical and perfect.

On 17/12/2021 at 5:48 PM, Loba said:

@Etherial Cat Good points.  Death is complicated.  There's a lot going on there with it.  I don't think people like that accrue karma either.  I think it has to do with emotional state, how you 'let go'.  Also if there is more you needed to do, then karma will still be there imo.  But someone dying of terminal illness is probably in a different category of karma than say, a young girl who commits suicide because of bullying, or something.

There's probably beings who oversee this sort of thing and can sort people with the utmost fairness.

A person who is terminal might be ready to let go after a lot of contemplation and will not have karma because of how they approach death openly.  They might be at peace and then move onto higher places.

I think karma is something the individual knows best as well, where they need to work on or if they are truly ready to leave.  We can only speculate, but I have a feeling it is also ultra personal and so impossible to categorize too much on how karma works.  I've been reading a lot about the wheel ? though, and how it sorts people for the next life.  Like cogs and gears we have free will to open just through self development, more and more is permitted by unlocking reality.  I'll bet the process is mechanical and perfect.

Yeah, I mean a lot of cases can be thought about to illustrate why these theories might seem somewhat unfair.

For instance, what about someone who'd give up on life after a car accident, after witnessing their whole family die before their eyes? Perhaps they could have fought harder for their life, had quite an okay chance to make it, but just decide not to keep trying to live. Is it some form of suicide? "Weakness" of character? Bad combination of physically objective and subjective circumstances? Is it really that bad to decide to leave, in such circumstances? Wouldn't it have killed most humans put externally in the same circumstances? Potentially even spiritual masters?

Somehow, it seems to be also the case with young girls killing themselves. I've got the chills thinking of someone like Amanda Todd and accepting throughout whatever theory she's got karma to expurgate somewhere in limbo, after obviously she died from life challenges and circumstances exceeding from far what most teenagers are equipped to deal with. What happened to her was enough of a hell. Assuming cosmic justice needs now for her to rot in hell for taking her life feels wrong AF >:(.

Karma really puzzles me too. It's really a though piece!

Edited by Etherial Cat

On 12/17/2021 at 6:59 AM, Etherial Cat said:

and it doesn't seem correct to assume all people who decide on when and how to end their lives are necessarily creating dense karma for themselves. 

I

agree

Karma is just some shit you have heard and read about.

At the end of the day, the only rational reason to not committ suicide is that it would hurt others.

Edited by Blackhawk

On 12/10/2021 at 5:04 PM, KatiesKarma said:

upon death you will become disembodied and basically the first thought/tendency that pops up will be projected and magnified infinitely.

When I imagine myself carrying out suicide this is what I feel happens.. Becoming disembodied and spiraling infinitely out of control in my own dillusional mind... SCARY.

I try to imagine that god will embrace me and understand why I did it, but that’s not what I feel happens in reality

On 11/12/2021 at 2:47 AM, KatiesKarma said:

Every culture forbids suicide so there is something to it.

This is actually not true: there was a Japanese practice throughout the Middle Ages known as harakiri where a noble would commit suicide if they had sufficiently tarnished their reputation and standing in society. In many ancient societies, a woman was even expected to commit suicide if her husband died before her (see, for example, the Hindu practice of sati). Buddhism and Stoicism both allowed for suicide but only in very special certain circumstances. For example Cicero is quoted as saying: “To leave the place that one is assigned in life is not permitted without an order from the leader, who is God.” And Seneca even says this: “Wherever you do not want to fight, it is always possible to retreat. You have been given nothing easier than death.” In a certain way, you could even say that the Christian martyrs committed suicide; there is a very famous story in the Old Testament in which Samson kills himself along with all the Philistines by pulling down their temple.

HOWEVER, a suicide that was motivated by personal and passionate concerns of any kind was totally condemned, not only because it was understood as being a violence committed against one’s own nature and even against society, but also because it was known to be simply ineffective. After all, if you are still identified with your karma, the mere fact that your body is dead will not sever this attachment, and severe punishments will likely be incurred for having inflicted such a violence upon life. Therefore - in almost all cases, unless one is absolutely sure that there is nothing left to be fulfilled in this life - suicide is a great mistake and should definitely not be done.

None of the above is intended in any way as an advocation of suicide - don’t kill yourself! If you know someone who has unfortunately committed suicide, you can at least know that they might not be rotting in hell for all eternity.

Finally, a koan-style joke from the Romanian philosopher Emil Cioran: it’s not worth it to kill yourself because you always do it too late!

Edited by Oeaohoo
Clarity

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

If you really don't care about everything and life doesn't interest you, you couldn't go to a nice beach, look for a good place, and stay there for a few years, maybe the rest of your life, doing nothing, looking at the sea and the clouds ? you will surely find food. a long empty present , and In the end you will die anyway, so why rush?

4 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

If you really don't care about everything and life doesn't interest you, you couldn't go to a nice beach, look for a good place, and stay there for a few years, maybe the rest of your life, doing nothing, looking at the sea and the clouds ? you will surely find food. a long empty present , and In the end you will die anyway, so why rush?

It just doesn't work like that.

I've been suicidal, and still sometimes are, and I wouldn't even consider doing what you suggest. If you are suicidal then you have ran out of all options, including your beach idea.

17 minutes ago, Benton said:

@Blackhawk When we are suicidal we have tricked ourselves into thinking we are out of options. It is not actually so. A suicidal person needs a change in their state of consciousness. And this can happen by either waiting it out, or doing something like going to a ketamine clinic. It could be different for other people but this is how it was for me.

But yes I know what it is like to truly believe you are out of options. It sucks. That beach idea would seem silly to me too in that state. Truly, changing my state of consciousness was the only thing that worked. And prescription medication can work for this as well. Lot's of options. Telling others about how I felt also helped. They could notice the plot holes in what I was thinking better than I when like that.

We are really just tricking ourselves when like this. There is almost always another way.

Bruce-lee-quote-on-defeat.jpg.f4cce090978fd327016e592175335cfd.jpg

I'm just talking about me now.. but I know for sure that I'm out of options.

I only live because of hardwired survival instinct (and maybe because of lack of free will?), and because I don't want my parents to suffer.

If I would be 100% rational, 100% selfish, and have free will, then I would hang myself right now. And no can ever convince me that I'm wrong about this fact, because I know it's the truth.

But this is just my case.