Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

How To Let Go Of The Story?

52 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

If you still exist as this idea of a person in a body, what is aware of the thoughts; idea, person, body? 

Perhaps there is a belief one can think perception, and or that there is a plurality to perception. 

Try to find the separation which makes it so, which is not an arising thought. 

Experience transmutation. Write everything you now know you don’t want on paper, and everything you now know you do want on the dreamboard. See it, & tell the story of wanted, and indeed it will be. This has been the case all along, without exception. 

Awareness is aware but I cant say much more about what it is. Or more like pre-existing before perception. But in reality there is no before or aware of because awareness and perception is seamless. If I feel my hand there are not two, there is just the awareness of the hand.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

This triggered a Now Realization, no joke.

You re good, i Will have to bookmark this post to read It again in my next trip ?

@Javfly33 Oh just wait until I write a guided exercise for you guys to see through the illusion of time;) hopefully that will trigger a deep awareness of Now. Because there's a whole bunch of illusions attached to that which we can get rid of all at once. 

@Rilles

Awesome! I would (in your shoes) reference that comment, and the op… and perhaps see it as analogous to the answer to the title of how to let go of the story. Awareness appearing as thoughts, and then it’s like where’d the awareness go / how to let go of the story. Awareness, appearing as the thoughts, is appearing as ‘the story’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The story isn't the stumbling block, the attachment to the story is the obstacle to being present now. Don't replace one story for another story and think anything has changed if there is attachment to the new story because presence is still being limited by the identification to a story.

The story of 'I am nothing' is no different than the story of 'I am something' if one is attached to the story. The story of the separate identity is no more of a hindrance to being than the story of no self because being transcends all stories even if the mind creates another story about it.

Yes, 'no story' is another story about the story but all stories are empty of any power in us when our being isn't disturbed by the stories and awareness isn't distracted by the stories so awakening isn't limited by them and our consciousness transcends them.

Edited by SOUL

3 hours ago, SOUL said:

The story of 'I am nothing' is no different than the story of 'I am something' if one is attached to the story.

Agreed, but then that wouldn't be awakening.

Who would still be attached to the story if it was recognized there never was anyone experiencing it.

Awakening is the end of the personalized experience of I am. 

There can still be preferences like coffee over tea; dark over white chocolate. The body will still turn its head when it's name is called and jump out of the way of a moving train.

Awakening is just never what the sense of self expects it to be like. 

It surprisingly has nothing to do with becoming a better person or behaving differently. 

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

49 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Agreed, but then that wouldn't be awakening.

Who would still be attached to the story if it was recognized there never was anyone experiencing it.

Awakening is the end of the personalized experience of I am. 

There can still be preferences like coffee over tea; dark over white chocolate. The body will still turn its head when it's name is called and jump out of the way of a moving train.

Awakening is just never what the sense of self expects it to be like. 

It surprisingly has nothing to do with becoming a better person or behaving differently. 

❤ 

So you know what awakening is for everyone who experiences it and it's your story of it?

Are you attached to the story there is no one to experience the story because are you aware that the infinite potential of the absolute includes all stories including there is everyone to experience it?

Awakening is also the infinite fulfillment of I am experience if it is the end of personalized experience of it.

It has everything to do with well being and the bliss of well being does influence behavior.

Edited by SOUL

20 minutes ago, SOUL said:

So you know what awakening is for everyone who experiences it and it's your story of it?

Well awakening doesn't happen to a someone so yes it is usually described very similarly.

Are you attached to the story there is no one to experience the story

This doesn't make sense. It reminds me of the disagreement: "having no beliefs is still a belief".

because are you aware that the infinite potential of the absolute includes all stories?

There can still seem to be infinite stories, it's just recognized nobody's experiencing them.

It's the end of personalized experience. 

Awakening is also the infinite fulfillment of I am experience if it is the end of personalized experience of it.

How can it fulfill something that's recognized as having never been real?

It has everything to do with well being and the bliss of well being does influence behavior.

It seems to influence behavior/well being in the sense that there is no longer anyone seeking for a better experience in the future.

There can seem to be like a free spirited energy or something like that. 

But there is still a conditioned body that may have experienced trauma and such and still seem to have certain patterns and characteristics, there's just no longer anyone identifying as that conditioned body.

It's fair game after Awakening.

❤ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake Attachment to one's own story limits the ability to realize that one's own direct experience isn't everyone's direct experience.

When your reply is saying that it's the way I describe it so it will be the way I describe it that reveals it is your own perspective that is limiting awareness of the infinite potential of experience.

There are infinite stories and simultaneously somebody/nobody/everybody experiencing them. People tend to have a preference for the one that helps them and this can create an attachment to it.

A belief is 'trusting that something is the true' so if one trusts their their own direct experience is true then that is their belief.  This is just what the word is, you are welcome to disagree with it but it is what it is.

When someone is exposed to certain concepts quite often their perspective expresses in the way that they have been conceptually primed to interpret the experience as.

Edited by SOUL

Here’s the actual method, but you’re already whole so it would just be to pass time and play while tricking yourself into thinking that you’re serious about letting go of the story (getting enlightened).

Ask: Who...or what... am I? What is me? What can be known to be true? It should quickly be obvious that the only thing I can know is that I am. Because I can’t be sure of anything. You can do this meditatively with self inquiry by just withdrawing attention from all object by trying to find the subject of whatever appears to you. This can be done at all times if you’re serious, and whenever you’re not doing it, notice what you’re doing... there will at that time be an engrossment in the story — so you identify it and withdraw from that too. Repeat until nothing is left to know except [I AM]... but that will never happen because once there is no non-[I AM] object, there’s no I AM either.

But if you just want to play around with some techniques that make you feel better in “this” life (there isn’t really anyone with a life, much less is there another life), Metta and dedicated and relaxed very-still meditation generally seemed to work nicely for me...well, for this character/ego-suit, anyway.

Edited by The0Self

32 minutes ago, SOUL said:

@VeganAwake Attachment to one's own story limits the ability to realize that one's own direct experience isn't everyone's direct experience.

It's just impossible to put into words.

For you it sounds like I'm describing a personal experience that someone is attached to. That's not the case... I'm talking about the end of personalized experience.

When your reply is saying that it's the way I describe it so it will be the way I describe it that reveals it is your own perspective that is limiting awareness of the infinite potential of experience.

I was talking about how the end of personalized experience is actually very similar. 

There are infinite stories and simultaneously somebody/nobody/everybody experiencing them. People tend to have a preference for the one that helps them and this can create an attachment to it.

I get what you're saying but that's not what's being said here.

What's being said is there is no longer a centralized experience happening here in which someone could even become attached to.

I'm not pedaling a new better experience.

A belief is 'trusting that something is the true' so if one trusts their their own direct experience is true then that is their belief.  This is just what the word is, you are welcome to disagree with it but it is what it is.

Again I'm not peddling a set of new beliefs or personal experiences. 

I'm talking about the end of personal experience and belief.

When someone is exposed to certain concepts quite often their perspective expresses in the way that they have been conceptually primed to interpret the experience as.

Agreed, I'm talking about the end of concepts and personal experiences,  not a new one's.

❤ 

Edited by VeganAwake

@SOUL  I know what's being communicated sounds ridiculous or like BS.

It's seeing appearances without a narrator or a someone creating a story about what it is or is not.

It's the end of conceptual experience.

Like seeing everything for the first time without the judgmental self or knower narrating the scene.

❤ 

@VeganAwake what you always communicate is: there is no self. correct in the sense that the set of attachments and rejections that it seeks to survive does not really exist in absolute sense. or it exists as an empty software with the function of surviving. but it is from here where the story of spirituality begins, not finish. yes, it is very comfortable if you say now: ahhh  ignorant apprentice (condescending claps) that you would like, but the last reality is that there is no self. ok ok and all this (apparent) experience that is (apparently) happening?, what? don't you see the divinity here? In the void appearing as "something"? Well, if it's the case, you are asleep, in deep sleep. Better don't stuck and go deeper

@The0Self what to say about your peculiar worldview? "God is scared of the black hole of non-existence that surrounds him, and that is why he invents the dream, to distract himself from his terror", "God is imaginary too" It is okay to say this kind of thing if you want, but at the same time You claim to be one of the few fully enlightened people ... there are people who can believe these negative nihilistic stories. maybe you are deceived? I don't know, but it looks like it. ... Maybe you are right but i perceive negativity, darkness, sadness in your "enlightenment". You said : when I saw the bottom of reality it was too late to go back. maybe it was not the bottom and you should go even deeper. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

@VeganAwake I know it sounds unreal to you but people have other direct experience of awakening than you, yes, there are others who awaken and it isn't as you describe it. Again, I understand how people can get attached to their own story and are sure it's the only one that is the true description.

If there is the depersonalized awakening experience there is also the full personalized experience and every degree of personalized and non-personalized experience in between. The absolute infinite includes everything and nothing as a whole which appears as one.

I am well aware you aren't peddling a new better experience, you are peddling your own direct experience as if it's the only one that can possibly be true. If you didn't believe it's the only one that can be true you wouldn't have resistance to that others might not have the same as yours.

Attachment is the limiting dynamic on our awareness, it's what creates the sensation of separation. The difference in the description, the story, is not what creates the sensation, it's attachment. Attachment to self, the identification with self is what limits our experience of awakening.

So as one would dissolve the attachment to and identification with self it would appear to some as if the self dissolves as well. Some people require this sensation and appearance of dissolution of self as realized experience to trust that their awakening is 'true', that it is 'real'....but not everyone does.

The attachment to awakening being just one certain description of the experience may be limiting the experience of awakening, even preventing the experience of awakening or becoming an obstacle if the realization of being presence.

It's leading some to be attached to the specific description from another, someone else's story, not allow their own direct experience to unfold in the way that it will. They become attached to someone else's story and description which may limit or prevent their own awakening experience.

Although, it's understandable why people are so convinced their own direct experience is the 'true' one and explains why they attempt to tell others that it is the way it has to happen and be.

Edited by SOUL

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

@VeganAwake I know it sounds unreal to you but people have other direct experience of awakening than you, yes, there are others who awaken and it isn't as you describe it. Again, I understand how people can get attached to their own story and are sure it's the only one that is the true description.

If there is the depersonalized awakening experience there is also the full personalized experience and every degree of personalized and non-personalized experience in between. The absolute infinite includes everything and nothing as a whole which appears as one.

I am well aware you aren't peddling a new better experience, you are peddling your own direct experience as if it's the only one that can possibly be true. If you didn't believe it's the only one that can be true you wouldn't have resistance to that others might not have the same as yours.

Attachment is the limiting dynamic on our awareness, it's what creates the sensation of separation. The difference in the description, the story, is not what creates the sensation, it's attachment. Attachment to self, the identification with self is what limits our experience of awakening.

So as one would dissolve the attachment to and identification with self it would appear to some as if the self dissolves as well. Some people require this sensation and appearance of dissolution of self as realized experience to trust that their awakening is 'true', that it is 'real'....but not everyone does.

The attachment to awakening being just one certain description of the experience may be limiting the experience of awakening, even preventing the experience of awakening or becoming an obstacle if the realization of being presence.

It's leading some to be attached to the specific description from another, someone else's story, not allow their own direct experience to unfold in the way that it will. They become attached to someone else's story and description which may limit or prevent their own awakening experience.

Although, it's understandable why people are so convinced their own direct experience is the 'true' one and explains why they attempt to tell others that it is the way it has to happen and be.

Trust me I get it bro, ❤ 

Awakening seems like just another personalized experience that could be deemed as either truth or delusion.

Nothing said here will be convincing within that framework.

It sounds like there's a pretty serious trust issue occurring there.(Might want to check that) An open and trusting outlook is usually required to even get the jist of what's being communicated.

"the greatest obstacle to Discovery is not ignorance - it's the illusion of knowledge"

❤ 

@VeganAwake  You know those Christians who think their interpretation of the bible is the only one that will save you and anything else sends you to hell? They even think other Christian churches aren't interpreting the bible right, that those others aren't really Christians and are going to hell. They alone possess the truth and it's as they say not any other way.

There's a certain mindset behind that type ideological intolerance that doesn't allow someone to accept that someone else can have another way to what think they have gotten to themselves. It really does speak about the amount of complete trust in one's own experience to blind someone to the possibility of a variety of experience and perspectives being valid alternatives.

On this forum if someone lines up their words right, says things a certain way and has the proper rhetoric it's pretty simple to get positive feedback and appear to have a level of credibility regardless of whether they have any genuine experience or not. There's a formulaic approach that can be feigned and it takes someone who has genuine experience to discern the difference.

Almost 40 years ago I began my journey to free myself from self suffering but it was years later I had began to circulate with mystical minded people in real life and it was after I had already had deep awakening experiences. So my experience and perspective with my inner work wasn't informed conceptually by others to the degree I see in most people in these communities.

This created a distinctly different approach to it for me and how I describe it. That has presented me with many instances where others doubt my experience, try to teach me the 'true' way and tell me I will only get it after I have experience the way they do. It happened often in real life and it happens just as much if not more online.

Although, my autodidact path has allowed me to be open to the diversity of paths people can express with inner work. When I discuss with others I find myself drawn towards seeing through their perspective more than I am to having them see through my own. There is nothing better or more right about this attitude but after of decades of interacting I find it effective in communicating with others.

Ultimately it all started for me as seeking the cessation of self suffering and it still is only about that. Well being is the primary focus and it's not about having all the descriptions line up just right or the same as others or of notables in the spiritual world. My path has also allowed me to explore consciousness in many diverse ways and not be hindered by ideological priming from others.

Yet, through having an interest in others perspective I meditate on them and explore them through the methods I use in my own experience I often get deep insights about them without the constraints of precedent understanding. So many times I can get a perspective in clarity that others don't always have the ability to perceive in clarity because of the precedent understanding.

My apologies if it seems like I'm in disagreement with your perspective, this isn't the case, I genuinely understand it as deeply as one can and I appreciate all perspectives because I'm aware that all stories are included in the whole of the infinite absolute so am embracing of the diversity of paths in it. I invite you to share in that perspective, it's quite liberating.

7 hours ago, SOUL said:

@VeganAwake  You know those Christians who think their interpretation of the bible is the only one that will save you and anything else sends you to hell? They even think other Christian churches aren't interpreting the bible right, that those others aren't really Christians and are going to hell. They alone possess the truth and it's as they say not any other way.

There's a certain mindset behind that type ideological intolerance that doesn't allow someone to accept that someone else can have another way to what think they have gotten to themselves. It really does speak about the amount of complete trust in one's own experience to blind someone to the possibility of a variety of experience and perspectives being valid alternatives.

On this forum if someone lines up their words right, says things a certain way and has the proper rhetoric it's pretty simple to get positive feedback and appear to have a level of credibility regardless of whether they have any genuine experience or not. There's a formulaic approach that can be feigned and it takes someone who has genuine experience to discern the difference.

Almost 40 years ago I began my journey to free myself from self suffering but it was years later I had began to circulate with mystical minded people in real life and it was after I had already had deep awakening experiences. So my experience and perspective with my inner work wasn't informed conceptually by others to the degree I see in most people in these communities.

This created a distinctly different approach to it for me and how I describe it. That has presented me with many instances where others doubt my experience, try to teach me the 'true' way and tell me I will only get it after I have experience the way they do. It happened often in real life and it happens just as much if not more online.

Although, my autodidact path has allowed me to be open to the diversity of paths people can express with inner work. When I discuss with others I find myself drawn towards seeing through their perspective more than I am to having them see through my own. There is nothing better or more right about this attitude but after of decades of interacting I find it effective in communicating with others.

Ultimately it all started for me as seeking the cessation of self suffering and it still is only about that. Well being is the primary focus and it's not about having all the descriptions line up just right or the same as others or of notables in the spiritual world. My path has also allowed me to explore consciousness in many diverse ways and not be hindered by ideological priming from others.

Yet, through having an interest in others perspective I meditate on them and explore them through the methods I use in my own experience I often get deep insights about them without the constraints of precedent understanding. So many times I can get a perspective in clarity that others don't always have the ability to perceive in clarity because of the precedent understanding.

My apologies if it seems like I'm in disagreement with your perspective, this isn't the case, I genuinely understand it as deeply as one can and I appreciate all perspectives because I'm aware that all stories are included in the whole of the infinite absolute so am embracing of the diversity of paths in it. I invite you to share in that perspective, it's quite liberating.

It just sounds like you're making up things to disagree on at this point.

I did not say that apparent different experiences don't seem to occur for apparent others.

I was simply saying if there seems to be an attachment to the story of being nobody then that clearly wouldn't be liberation. 

Liberation is the end of the attachment as being this or that because it's recognized there is no one there in which could be attached in the first place.

I think we got off into the weeds a little bit.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

❤ 

9 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Liberation is the end of the attachment as being this or that because it's recognized there is no one there in which could be attached in the first place.

"Liberation is the end of the attachment"

Liberation is the cessation of self suffering, attachment is the dynamic in our consciousness that causes self suffering. Recognizing this dynamic in us is sufficient for the dissolution of attachment without the requirement of a story.

"there is no one there in which could be attached in the first place"

This is introducing just another conceptualization that is added by the one that seeks to define itself even if it defines itself as nonexistent. We can simply dissolve our attachment to the story without using another story.

According to your story there is no one disagreeing with and no one being disagreed with so why are you imagining that there is disagreement? It appears you don't even realize your own story, it's just ideological rhetoric that isn't genuine experience because if it was there would be no perception of disagreement since there isn't any, it's an illusion.

Why add another story when it's not needed to dissolve attachment to a story? The thread starter is seeking to let go of the story and giving them another story is just story shifting.

19 hours ago, SOUL said:

This is the most accurate thing I have read this past week. 

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

According to your story there is no one disagreeing with and no one being disagreed with so why are you imagining that there is disagreement? It appears you don't even realize your own story, it's just ideological rhetoric that isn't genuine experience because if it was there would be no perception of disagreement since there isn't any, it's an illusion.

Right there aren't two individuals in disagreement, the apparent disagreement is within the statements stated....GET IT!

Good luck with your belief about what enlightenment is and entails. 

❤ 

Edited by VeganAwake