Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyler Durden

Why do other people behave as if I have a head?

41 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

It's speculation. Your body isn't in my experience but it most likely still exists.

Yes exactly. And how do you know that you have a body?

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

@Shin Pain can be imagined as well as all the other body sensations but that doesn't prove its existence.

Exactly .. replace the word existence with "real-ness".

The problem with the unenlightened is that they don't recognize that everything in their experience is constructed through imagination (including all physical mechanisms). You can be conscious that you are imagining everything, or you cannot be conscious about it.

Wherever you are, and whatever you are doing at this time .. recognized that it is not happening through a brain that is couched in a human skull. No one has ever validated that .. and it can't be validated in your own experience .. try it and see.

The brain doesn't hold consciousness, consciousness holds the brain. Consciousness is God

42 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@WokeBloke try thinking more about it this way--->  If you can not experience something, does that something exist [for you]?    Can you think of anything that you know 'exists' but you have never experienced in some way, directly or otherwise?  

Just because you can't see me right now doesn't mean I don't exist. By your logic since you can't see me that means I don't exist which is false since I do exist.

2 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

The brain doesn't hold consciousness, consciousness holds the brain. Consciousness is God

So there is a head :)

It's still there, it still exists.

Precisely because it is imagined.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shin said:

So there is a head :)

It's still there, it still exists.

Precisely because it is imagined.

Yes and no.

The human has a head.

But we are not human.

Therefore we don't have a head :)

8 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

Just because you can't see me right now doesn't mean I don't exist. By your logic since you can't see me that means I don't exist which is false since I do exist.

why is 'seeing' what you equate with 'the only way to experience'?   Is this conversation not a way for me to experience you? 

My logic states that 'whatever I experience' is 'what there IS', and I can't know if there's anything more.. and the only way for me to 'know', would be to experience it some way. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

12 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

why is 'seeing' what you equate with 'the only way to experience'?   Is this conversation not a way for me to experience you? 

My logic states that 'whatever I experience' is 'what there IS', and I can't know if there's anything more.. and the only way for me to 'know', would be to experience it some way. 

I agree what you are experiencing is what is but the question is whether what you are experiencing is ALL there is. If you accept the other people in the world (such as myself) as experiencing and real then you would have to admit that your experience is not all there is.

@WokeBloke it's ALL there is for me.   There 'seems to be' other people who have experiences, but I can't be sure... I can be sure, however, that 'there seems to be'... 

The 'seeming' I'm sure of.. but 'what seems to be', I can always be mistaken about.    It seems like I'm here writing to you.. but I could be dreaming, or hallucinating, or in some sort of simulation.. but 'the experience of me writing to you' is undeniable. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

15 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@WokeBloke it's ALL there is for me.   There 'seems to be' other people who have experiences, but I can't be sure... I can be sure, however, that 'there seems to be'... 

The 'seeming' I'm sure of.. but 'what seems to be', I can always be mistaken about.    It seems like I'm here writing to you.. but I could be dreaming, or hallucinating, or in some sort of simulation.. but 'the experience of me writing to you' is undeniable. 

If you are everybody then everybody (such as this person responding to you) is experiencing just like you. So you have to find out if you are everybody.

The crazier you sound, the truer your words

doesn't always hold true. xD

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

Tempting humor aside, head and other people, actually are in direct experience. 

Yeah, gotta distinguish between the concept of 'head', which distracts from direct experience, and the 'head in direct experience' - both in direct experience.

31 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

@The0Self This isn't such a radical idea for this forum.

It was mainly a joke, but also pointing away from obviously baseless lines of reasoning or assumptions. Ultimately there's only the appearance of a head, and no you, so you do not have a head. But in relative reality, others have heads, as do you when looking in the mirror. Your inquiry on this matter is very surface level, wherein anything will just be what appears anyway. A better question would perhaps be why do other people behave as if I were born? The answer would follow the same lines, even though birth is utterly imagined.

Edited by The0Self

@The0Self I understand that it could be a surface level question but it was something that intrigued me because it is something so basic and yet people overlook it.

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

@The0Self I understand that it could be a surface level question but it was something that intrigued me because it is something so basic and yet people overlook it.

Most people don't even know their thoughts are not them, and you expect them to question if everything is an illusion ?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

14 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

There is no head in my direct experience so that means that I don't have it. But other people often comment something about it as if it really exists. Why is that the case? Is that in order to keep the illusion of having a head alive?

The illusion can be seen through easily

the "head" does not exist

Every thing is held within the "head"

Notice how i am giving 2 contradictory answers.

They are 2 different ways of looking at the question