ABM1294

The Truth About Consciousness and Solipsism

30 posts in this topic

solipsism - there is only me, and everything else is a figment of my imagination. 

Solipsism - There is only me, there is no 'everything else'. Everything there IS, is 'what I am'. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

8 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

solipsism - there is only me, and everything else is a figment of my imagination. 

Solipsism - There is only me, there is no 'everything else'. Everything there IS, is 'what I am'. 

@Mason Riggle this is bullshit with a capital B.

Sorry ?

Edited by Fearless_Bum

On 30/11/2021 at 8:47 AM, Leo Gura said:

If you are the only one then you are seeing 100% of reality at all times. It's just that reality is very different from what you assumed it was.

What if reality is not some giant static object?

Is this your own personal belief? That for example I am not seeing the mobile I type on right now as you aren't in your direct experience?

I am curious because that would (due to the existence of my own direct experience) disprove the theory, if indeed you yourself aren't the NPC in my reality. Which if you are right you would need to be.

Assuming that we both see something right now, there is surely a way to reconcile that. Ideas like Atman I suppose. As to experience the finite there must appear division, otherwise of course infinity encompasses everything into literally one with no space or time or anything even appearing. And then these finite perspectives would be actually necessary.

@Fearless_Bum no need to apologize.  

As defined by Wikipedia- Solipsism (/ˈsɒlɪpsɪzəm/ (listen); from Latin solus 'alone', and ipse 'self')[1] is the philosophical idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind.

The only distinction that I am making, is between dual solipsism (mind/contents of mind) and non-dual Solipsism (Mind is all there is). 

I'm not asking you to believe Solipsism to be the case. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

The primary puzzle we need to solve in this work is leaving our bodies without doing any physical harm to it.

Deeply contemplate this and you’ll get some pretty profound insights into the nature of reality.

@Terell Kirby

9 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

The primary puzzle we need to solve in this work is leaving our bodies without doing any physical harm to it.

Deeply contemplate this and you’ll get some pretty profound insights into the nature of reality.

AKA soul travels and astral projection, and remote viewing to some degree.

The inability to remember things before birth, see things after your death, and experience nothing: So to speak, this is God saying “I’m not done here,” and “what’s the point of that (going there)?” Not that there’s a you that can do those things — that’s the point.

There is only the whole of everything — it’s beyond solipsism.

Edited by The0Self

On 11/30/2021 at 1:46 AM, ABM1294 said:

Consciousness (you) makes up the subtle features of reality, if you see someone else get drunk, only their behaviour will change.

But if you get drunk, the behavior of the whole room will change. This is because reality is 100% a reflection of state.

Can behavior in all honestly be attributed to a room?  Maybe reflection and state are justifications of beliefs, misunderstandings and misinterpretations. 

After the next day, the other people will deny their behavior was any different. This is because if you get back to normal sane states, so does everyone else. 

Maybe they’re just being, honest? 

We can only access memories within the emotional range we are at. Truly crazy things don’t get remembered when the crazy state is gone.

The psychiatrist who says their patient is hallucinating doesn’t know or realize that they are the only hallucinator in a universe which is already nothing but a hallucination.

Can it be said in honesty, that anything is in a universe, when it is said that said universe is a hallucination? (Such as a “hallucinator”) 

They are hallucinating the insane person themselves. This is why the famous Dr Len was able to heal his patients just by changing his beliefs about them. It’s all beliefs and the believer programs reality.

Maybe Dr Len simply didn’t share their beliefs. 

Life is a trip and if you start doing substance related trips, nobody around you will report remembering what you remembered. But what you witness is 100% true. The other people will see the same things and be in the trip with you, but deny it when the trip wears off.

Can denial actually be projected?  How would you know for sure? 

Insanity destabilizes the whole universe, everything makes sense until you explain it. God realization makes every past event perfect, but to explain that to another person in real time won’t work.

Why?

Because there’s only one god, and you’re it.

We all have a default state and call it normal, and when you go insane the whole universe goes insane with you. This is why the insane encounter great deals of synchronicity. The dreamers state affects the dream. 

Another dream characters state won’t affect the dream because they have no state.

Only the dreamer has state.

There’s only one consciousness in the whole universe. You are the creator.

If this is insight you are correct.

If this is bullshit you are also correct.

The input makes the output, and your view is law because the universe must reflect your prevailing view back to you.

Can you explain / unpack more literally, what state is… what your view literally is (not what it’s believed to be)… how it is there is a universe which must anything, and precisely how this reflection mechanism works, and precisely who is correct or uncorrect? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Steve Pavlina’s blogs about subjective reality hits the nail on the head.

It’s not solipsism but the idea that consciousness is primary and everything is contained within consciousness. 

The body is not conscious, only consciousness is conscious. So the notion that only ones mind is sure to exist is not true, subjective simply puts solipsism in its place as a philosophical dead end. 

Other people are dream characters and consciousness contains all the characters including the avatar that you are embodying. 

The law of attraction makes so much more sense when there’s only one consciousness. Fundamental beliefs trump those lower order beliefs. Objective reality is a lens for viewing reality but SR is not something that can exist in an objective reality but objectivity can still exist within subjectivity. 

There is no death as such because reality is 100% safe. Fearlessness is the realization that consciousness can’t be destroyed and is neither alive nor dead because it contains all possibilities of life and death and when you die who knows what happens but I can guarantee you nothing will kill consciousness. 

36 minutes ago, ABM1294 said:

Steve Pavlina’s blogs about subjective reality hits the nail on the head.

It’s not solipsism but the idea that consciousness is primary and everything is contained within consciousness. 

The body is not conscious, only consciousness is conscious. So the notion that only ones mind is sure to exist is not true, subjective simply puts solipsism in its place as a philosophical dead end. 

Other people are dream characters and consciousness contains all the characters including the avatar that you are embodying. 

The law of attraction makes so much more sense when there’s only one consciousness. Fundamental beliefs trump those lower order beliefs. Objective reality is a lens for viewing reality but SR is not something that can exist in an objective reality but objectivity can still exist within subjectivity. 

There is no death as such because reality is 100% safe. Fearlessness is the realization that consciousness can’t be destroyed and is neither alive nor dead because it contains all possibilities of life and death and when you die who knows what happens but I can guarantee you nothing will kill consciousness. 

I would say everybody is conscious because consciousness is everybody.