StarfoxEpiphany

Spiral Dynamics: Yellow To Turquoise

22 posts in this topic

This post is for people that have studied the Graves model (spiral dynamics)

I do yoga, I meditate, I'm preparing for a holistic retreat to purify my body (ending nicotine addiction), preparing for yoga school

In the meantime, I am going full blown yellow, with turquoise phases only lasting a few hours (you know, when you resonate at a really nice frequency and make all sorts of positive magic happen, especially with other people and yourself)

Over the past year, I have rapidly been increasing flexibity to easily generate income, enhancing my skills in my 'my money field', using orange (with dating and skillbuilding), red (to hold my ground at times), blue (to blend in at a money factory (corporation) I've been using), and even purple mindsets (to work with certain clients).... I've kinda been ignoring green and I'm starting to challenge my private lesson yoga instructor (turquoise) in both skill level and philosophy

Coral: In the past, I have made precision strikes against orange and red organizations, created chaos, and left. Totally fucking awesome, totally took credit.

So now that financial flexibility is finally permitting, I'm nearing the final preparations to go full Turquoise-holistic with my environments for at least a 6 month stretch.

The big question:

Does yellow flexibility stay with you, do I eliminate it, will it even be necessary, or, do we even know?

Something tells me that the necessity of it will narrow everyday, and I will need to become coral to eliminate the rest of it.

Has anyone else transcended this?

TLDR: (read from where I write "the big question" on down)

Edited by StarfoxEpiphany

I find this Graves model interesting. 

The way I read this is you are applying different stages of the Graves model as you see fit. Are you doing this as a tool to be more conscious about how you are acting in certain situations? 

Because the way I understand the Graves model is that you can only be at one stage or maybe shift between two stages back and forth when you are in a transition from one stage to the next (either up or down). 

My understanding of Spiral Dynamics is mostly through similar paradigms, so I don't know the specifics. 

I will say though, that transcending levels of energy does not mean that those levels are no longer available or viable. The idea of transcending levels of consciousness isn't to push away lower levels or to negate them. We grow simply because it is natures tendency, and because accessing and embodying 'higher' states makes us effective both in our personal lives, and for those around us.

Transcending consciousness is usually just about neutralizing the energy behind lower states of consciousness. If reaching higher states of consciousness meant we couldn't access lower states, then we'd actually be really ineffective at being part of the world. It is very useful to access lower states of consciousness at certain times in life! 

When you have stabilized a higher state of consciousness, it has just become your prevalent resonance, but that doesn't mean you can't access all your previous states at any time. It just means that you're less inclined to magnetically return to levels of consciousness that are no longer serving you, and that they are no longer 'sticky' because we've let go of the attachment to them. 

How could you lose anything good for you, what is there to worry about? 

If any faculty of yours is needed, you will access it when needed, then you will naturally return to the most effective level that you can embody. 

7 hours ago, Arman said:

My understanding of Spiral Dynamics is mostly through similar paradigms, so I don't know the specifics. 

I will say though, that transcending levels of energy does not mean that those levels are no longer available or viable. The idea of transcending levels of consciousness isn't to push away lower levels or to negate them. We grow simply because it is natures tendency, and because accessing and embodying 'higher' states makes us effective both in our personal lives, and for those around us.

Transcending consciousness is usually just about neutralizing the energy behind lower states of consciousness. If reaching higher states of consciousness meant we couldn't access lower states, then we'd actually be really ineffective at being part of the world. It is very useful to access lower states of consciousness at certain times in life! 

When you have stabilized a higher state of consciousness, it has just become your prevalent resonance, but that doesn't mean you can't access all your previous states at any time. It just means that you're less inclined to magnetically return to levels of consciousness that are no longer serving you, and that they are no longer 'sticky' because we've let go of the attachment to them. 

How could you lose anything good for you, what is there to worry about? 

If any faculty of yours is needed, you will access it when needed, then you will naturally return to the most effective level that you can embody. 

Makes perfect sense.

@STC well, it's actually multifaceted, and stage yellow is the flexibility stage where you can shift your vMeme to whatever lower stage you feel like, easily.  

By multifaceted, I mean that in different areas of your life, such as sexually, financially, physically, professionally, etc; so with dating, someone may be at stage orange, but at work, they might be blue.

The good thing is, I have discovered that I'm at my best when playing with turquoise people and doing turquoise behaviors.  The bad news is, I feel a little hollow when I'm green, purple, and blue... and agressive when I'm orange and red.

Which means... an inevitable shift to turquoise.

Not sure if this model should even be taken seriously, but I like it

53 minutes ago, StarfoxEpiphany said:

@STC well, it's actually multifaceted, and stage yellow is the flexibility stage where you can shift your vMeme to whatever lower stage you feel like, easily.  

By multifaceted, I mean that in different areas of your life, such as sexually, financially, physically, professionally, etc; so with dating, someone may be at stage orange, but at work, they might be blue.

The good thing is, I have discovered that I'm at my best when playing with turquoise people and doing turquoise behaviors.  The bad news is, I feel a little hollow when I'm green, purple, and blue... and stressed out when I'm orange and red.

Which means... an inevitable shift to turquoise.

I don't really see it like that. I don't really believe one can shift between the stages like that so easy, like you would flip on or off a switch. 

Let's say someone attacks a stage beige person with a club. And that stage beige person will kill his attacker. The stage beige person will think: "I live he dies". No moral scruples there.

Now let's say a stage green person gets attacked with a club and he kills his attacker. He may think something like; "He tried to kill me so I killed him. And now he is dead. That's horrible how will his mother feel? Does he have kids? I wonder why he attacked me maybe he had a very bad childhood." There will be empathy there. 

The act of killing out of self defense doesn't make the person either stage beige or green though. 

When you break this Graves model down further and you take different facetes of someone's personality in affect, I don't see how one person will let's say be at stage red at one facete and stage green at another. 

If you have a person that is stage green spiritually, stage orange in his career, and stage orange in his relationships that I can see. There is not such a big gap between stage orange and green. 

But a person that is stage green spiritually, stage green in his career, but stage red in relationships...I don't think that exists much or for a long time in the real world. 

A person who lives very consciously and tries to genuinely do good all day to everything and everyone does not go home and turns stage red to screw over the people he loves all of a sudden. Unless he is a bit of a psychopath/sociopath.

Yes there are several facetes to someone's personality. But if all other facetes are let's say stage green it does not make sense that a person would be so unaware that one facete of his personality will keep limping behind at stage red. Different facetes of one's personality still interact with each other. 

Where do you find all these turquoise and yellow people to hang out with?

In my life I encounter stage orange people everywhere, since in the Western world we live in a stage orange society. I have met plenty of stage green people. But I think I can only remember one person who I think was high percentage stage yellow. Turquoise people I can't even come up with an example for. That would be a Sage or a God or something.  

Edited by STC

@STC

I'm in a very special community of outliers.  I don't feel like going into too many details yet because the community could easily become overrun.  Easy to make money, lots of highly attractive men and women, lots of free time for almost everyone, lots of socializing, very few children, lots of artisanship....

Most people here, I would consider between orange and yellow with a few turquoise and a few blue sprinkled in....Which is a hell of a projection...

Anyway, it's easy for me to shift my overall attitude from blue to orange to green to yellow at work.  That being said, I have been in many social classes and professions in my life, so I'm very used to it.  It's not a problem at all.  Maybe a little bit of a week by week thing or month by month.

Wanna be more aggressive and get laid, go to the gym.

Wanna make money, create a shit ton of backup options professionally, and constantly enhance your capabilities...I'm working for two companies right now, and within a week, I can be farming money out of a third company, or by tomorrow in case of emergency.

Wanna dominate other people, I lift, and I behave a lot like I did in the military among people of the same rank.

Need to blend in, follow the rules and keep your head down...remember how easy it was to play by the rules around higher ranking people in the military.

Wanna feel fucking awesome with an expanded consciousness on top of it... take personal one on one yoga classes.

Wanna feel compassionate....Take a short holiday with some girls

Wanna be ethical.... get together with your French buddies

Wanna fight.... Harass a drunk English guy

Wanna feel protected, hangout with my clients 

Need some alone time... Notify my landlord that I'll be moving out next month 

What I find interesting, is that I didn't know what 'yellow' was until a few days ago, but I've been balls deep in it for the past 9 months.  I also didn't know anything about turquoise until a few days ago, but apparently the plans I've been actualizing over the past couple months align toward it.

So either, my ego wants to believe this model so badly that I'm mentally filling in the gaps to make it fit, or, the model is useful

@StarfoxEpiphany I still don't think the Spiral Dynamics model was designed the way you implement it. 

Now in all fairness you should question any model or information you are being told of course. 

Does Turquoise give up systems thinking?  Systems thinking is concept, a theoretical construct.

If I had to peg myself here's how I'd do it:

Orange: 20%

Yellow: 60%

Turquoise: 20%

@StarfoxEpiphany @Joseph Maynor @SFRL @Arman  I'm sorry to break this to you, but SFRL IS RIGHT, it is very clear you are all in orange stage. Not even in green. orange is very common stage right now, your ego is trying to convince itself it is on a higher stage. The way you are questioning yourself shifting through stages and the way you manipulate the words to your benefit means is very clear that you aren't even close to yellow. Just because you live in the moment DOESN'T mean you are at yellow. The way you are labelling the turquoise stage is hilarious. Remember moving up the stages gets harder the more progress you made, because there is now double to learn to move to the next stage.

Orange is Common, Green is very rare someone living in the present moment everyday non-stop would be in this stage. Green is relativistic meaning you adapt to different circumstances differently or basically Situational. Check your egos and be Completely honest with yourself or you will not grow because you aren't even sure you are at the right stage.

Yellow people are so rare that this is the god stage. If you think being in the moment means you are at yellow then you are confusing Green with Yellow, it is true that yellow people are living in the moment but their consciousness is beyond comprehension. They see everything as a system from social intellegence to nature to people to etc. Seen those Jason bourne movies where the main character can see car plates from 10 meters away, tell someone's weight just by looking at them or figure out if the person is left-handed.These are the feats of a yellow; completely god like. Yellow is second tier being on a completely different level, right now your minds cannot comprehend these stages.

And don't even kid yourself with Turquoise or Coral talk, people who are enlightened beings would be in this stage.

That nice Turquoise feeling you have moment to moment is actually green.So SFE you are full blown in orange making little headways to green.

Don't fret, keep working on yourself and you will soon reach these crazy stages.

2 hours ago, Rooshan said:

@StarfoxEpiphany @Joseph Maynor @SFRL @Arman  I'm sorry to break this to you, but SFRL IS RIGHT, it is very clear you are all in orange stage. Not even in green. orange is very common stage right now, your ego is trying to convince itself it is on a higher stage. The way you are questioning yourself shifting through stages and the way you manipulate the words to your benefit means is very clear that you aren't even close to yellow. Just because you live in the moment DOESN'T mean you are at yellow. The way you are labelling the turquoise stage is hilarious. Remember moving up the stages gets harder the more progress you made, because there is now double to learn to move to the next stage.

Orange is Common, Green is very rare someone living in the present moment everyday non-stop would be in this stage. Green is relativistic meaning you adapt to different circumstances differently or basically Situational. Check your egos and be Completely honest with yourself or you will not grow because you aren't even sure you are at the right stage.

Yellow people are so rare that this is the god stage. If you think being in the moment means you are at yellow then you are confusing Green with Yellow, it is true that yellow people are living in the moment but their consciousness is beyond comprehension. They see everything as a system from social intellegence to nature to people to etc. Seen those Jason bourne movies where the main character can see car plates from 10 meters away, tell someone's weight just by looking at them or figure out if the person is left-handed.These are the feats of a yellow; completely god like. Yellow is second tier being on a completely different level, right now your minds cannot comprehend these stages.

And don't even kid yourself with Turquoise or Coral talk, people who are enlightened beings would be in this stage.

That nice Turquoise feeling you have moment to moment is actually green.So SFE you are full blown in orange making little headways to green.

Don't fret, keep working on yourself and you will soon reach these crazy stages.

Ok, I'll take your word for it.   What do you want, an argument?  How would that rabbit hole run?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

44 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Ok, I'll take your word for it.   What do you want, an argument?  How would that rabbit hole run?

@Joseph Maynor of course not, i want to help you self actualize, but before you do that you need to be very honest with yourself on your growth so you can lay the carpet and work off that.

I think best for humanity is if you can go one level up. For example going from Orange to Green. And then raise your kids by side streaming them into Green so they can make the step to Yellow. Etc. I think that's a realistic strategy to pull off for humanity. The challenge there is for humanity to reach the awareness that they need to pursue that strategy. 

Gosh guys, if you want to know what stage you belong to, look at the ideology you have in regard to things like politics. And don't tell me you don't have ideologs you would vote for something even if you don't  love it.

Do you see the world in black/white, grey or some other way. It's not rocket science.

Edited by Spiral

13 minutes ago, Spiral said:

Gosh guys, if you want to know what stage you belong to, look at the ideology you have in regard to things like politics. And don't tell me you don't have ideologs you would vote for something even if you don't  love it.

Do you see the world in black/white, grey or some other way. It's not rocket science.

I don't the best way to figure out what stage you are is when the shit hits the fan. Like when your city goes without electricity and and water for a couple of days. 

I have seen it happen in a city where I lived, there wasnt any streaming water for the better part of a day. Things get primitive real fast when stuff like that happens. 

@SFRL I don't like that test, I suppose it will show whether or not your are more ("collective" green etc) or "individualistic"( yellow, orange etc) but orange is not necessary more selfish than yellow.

Anyways I'm sure there are some people here whom are yellow, but for me most give me the orange/green vibe.

Are there any books on Spiral Dynamics?   I can't find anything on Amazon.  I get pointed to Ken Wilbur's work but I have those books & it doesn't seem like it's there or just a small piece of it.  Is Ken Wilbur's Theory of Everything the only thing there is for Spiral Dynamics?

This book by Ken Wilber also goes deep into this topic, I read it it's quite facinating: 

• Integral Meditation: Mindfulness as a Way to Grow Up, Wake Up, and Show Up in Your Life, 2016, ISBN 9781611802986

You could also search on the graves model it's the same thing (I did not read these books but they seem like their about this topic):

• Levels of Human Existence by Claire W. Graves
  • Spiral Dynamics: Mastering Values, Leadership and Change by Don Edward Beck

I totally agree the people who think their in level Yellow are actually orange. I know for a fact that I'm still 80% Orange.