kieranperez

Joe Rogan IG Post, a Mind Infected by Ideology

253 posts in this topic

Vaush does a good job dismantling it:

It's simply not a historically accurate analysis of anything.

And defining Nazi's as strong men is absurd.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

53 minutes ago, Epikur said:

I found this history chart but no explanation to it.

Times-chart.png

Reminds me of McKenna's Novelty theory ("Timewave Zero"): take an ill-defined, hypergeneral concept like "novelty" or "good" or "strong" and try to superimpose a pattern on top of an adhoc selection of historical examples. It's pseudoscience.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard I like how they define history as starting in 700 AD dismissing the 5000 years of empires that came before it. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

This thread is so running beyond it's course, it's no longer funny. People, learn what are shit posts versus serious posts, and spend no less than 5 minutes considering if it is serious or a joke. Don't forget you have things to do in life.

I think there is some truth to it.

Think of the toughest guys in the collective online consciousness. David Goggans, Jokko Willink, etc. These guys are bias towards the right I bet.

Even though most people here would consider Vaush hiher on the SD tier than David Goggins, I don't think anyone would doubt who would win in a competition about anything

7 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

I think there is some truth to it.

Think of the toughest guys in the collective online consciousness. David Goggans, Jokko Willink, etc. These guys are bias towards the right I bet.

Even though most people here would consider Vaush hiher on the SD tier than David Goggins, I don't think anyone would doubt who would win in a competition about anything

The variables are too vacuous. What does good mean? What does strong mean?

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

The variables are too vacuous. What does good mean? What does strong mean?

You don't believe David Goggins and Joccowillink are stronger than Vaush? 

You had to pick one of them to rule the country, either Vaush or Goggins/Jocco. Who does your intuition tell you to pick?

3 minutes ago, Raptorsin7 said:

You don't believe David Goggins and Joccowillink are stronger than Vaush? 

You had to pick one of them to rule the country, either Vaush or Goggins/Jocco. Who does your intuition tell you to pick?

You did not answer my question at all.

If I had to pick between them I'd start crying. 

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

You did not answer my question at all.

You asked about statements like strong and good. I think asking who you would rather have lead the country is a better approximation of those values.

So it's hard to define what is strong and what is good. But your intuition will lean one way or another for who would run the country, and whoever you choose is likely the stronger and good person.

1 minute ago, Raptorsin7 said:

You asked about statements like strong and good. I think asking who you would rather have lead the country is a better approximation of those values.

So it's hard to define what is strong and what is good. But your intuition will lean one way or another for who would run the country, and whoever you choose is likely the stronger and good person.

My point is that people will project whatever random definitions and examples they have in their head because the concepts are too vague. This is what people criticize astrology for. This showcases why the right-wing lacks any sort of principles outside ideology.

8 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

My point is that people will project whatever random definitions and examples they have in their head because the concepts are too vague. This is what people criticize astrology for. This showcases why the right-wing lacks any sort of principles outside ideology.

Now you didn't answer my question, who would you pick?

The right obviously has some principles of value. Just because something is right wing that does not mean it's not wise. There is plenty of wisdom on the right that people are ignorant about. 

There is plenty of wisdom on the right that people are ignorant about. 

Enlighten me.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Raptorsin7 said:

Now you didn't answer my question, who would you pick?

I used your answer to my question to demonstrate my point. Consider yourself used ?

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And defining Nazi's as strong men is absurd.

There’s actually a book called “blitzed” which accounts for all the drug use in the Nazi elite, Hitler himself was a highly medicated figure. The way the Nazis would actually manage Germany was not very well either.

1 minute ago, AdroseAkise said:

There’s actually a book called “blitzed” which accounts for all the drug use in the Nazi elite, Hitler himself was a highly medicated figure. The way the Nazis would actually manage Germany was not very well either.

It's official: strong men poison themselves and other people with chemicals ?

It's like Trump. He acts strong but it's just a facade of strength. He actually has very thin skin and is super insecure. That's how the alt-right tends to be. It's bluster and posturing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.