Vivaldo

Let's destroy heightism together!

74 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Vivaldo said:

It's fine if she has a bush though.

I LOL IRL

I would date a short guy, I had a crush on a guy who was like 5'5" for a year.
Height isn't everything, it's just a preference.

I'm 6' tall and I strictly won't date a man shorter than me. This is only a recent standard I've implemented. 

"You Create Magic" 

You aren't your body. However... short guys are hot. Peter Dinklage is hot. I know a guy with dwarfism in real life and he's very attractive.

Rather than needing others to change their opinions, the hottest thing is to just be cool with who you are and not care what others think about how you appear to them. Seriously can't think of anything hotter than that. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

6 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

many shorter people especially men then develop a napoleon complex to compensate which also sucks

That is actually a myth. These people have the exact same attitudes and even overcompensation issues that other people have, but their shortness magnifies the perceived magnitude of their attitude far beyond reality.

4 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Let's destroy uglism together. Girls get discriminated as "hot" versus "average" or even "ugly" and only hot girls are desired and not the average ones. 

How about ending this discrimination based on beauty standards.

Lets destroy everything that is considered as unattractive and that way we can be so so happy about our insecurities. :D

Lmao this thread. 

Yes this discrimination is also in our heads.

What is hot is very subjective. For me really every woman is the same may it be hot, average or ugly. If I don't get a hot woman, that doesn't make the average looking woman less desirable. No one is ugly, God has made every one beautiful!

I am advocating for ending discrimination based on height in all walks of life. It's mindset problem. The base of my argument is acceptance.

Edited by Vivaldo

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

You aren't your body. However... short guys are hot. Peter Dinklage is hot. I know a guy with dwarfism in real life and he's very attractive.

Rather than needing others to change their opinions, the hottest thing is to just be cool with who you are and not care what others think about how you appear to them. Seriously can't think of anything hotter than that. 

Idc about other people thinking about me. It's not a personal issue. 

Just like race, sex and religious background are things we can't control, but still get discriminated on. 

In a similar way, we must also accept and stop discriminating height which we can't control. 

Sorry I got a little deviated from the actual topic and started talking about its implications in dating.

4 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

I'm 6' tall and I strictly won't date a man shorter than me. This is only a recent standard I've implemented. 

You are a queen ? 

Is it genetics? Or you did something special to grow taller?

4 hours ago, Jacquelope said:

That is actually a myth. These people have the exact same attitudes and even overcompensation issues that other people have, but their shortness magnifies the perceived magnitude of their attitude far beyond reality.

i don't think so, i actually knew a few very short guys who bossed everybody around as much as they could

8 hours ago, Vivaldo said:

Idc about other people thinking about me. It's not a personal issue. 

Just like race, sex and religious background are things we can't control, but still get discriminated on. 

In a similar way, we must also accept and stop discriminating height which we can't control. 

Sorry I got a little deviated from the actual topic and started talking about its implications in dating.

No form is ideal, nor is everyone going to like or find your form attractive. 

I might find dandelions to be the most glorious flower, edible, beautifully, sunny yellow and someone else might spend their life trying to eradicate them from their lawn and their life. Rather than trying hard to convince that person that dandelions are wonderful and beautiful and healthy, because I want to eradicate dandelion haters from my life, I'm just going to enjoy dandelions. 

Deviating from the topic is often enlightening because when we change the subject it's a lot less loaded and we can see what we are actually trying to understand more clearly. Just don't deviate to make the topic more loaded. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

10 hours ago, Vivaldo said:

You are a queen ? 

Is it genetics? Or you did something special to grow taller?

Thank you :x genetics!

7 hours ago, modmyth said:

I've always wondered what it would be like to be this tall!

I can reach things easily, see over crowds and get lots of “did you play basketball?” comments.

I’ve always wondered what it’s like to be short. 

"You Create Magic" 

15 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

i thought you were small because you look small in your pic and fairies are also often small

now i don't really know what to believe anymore

15 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

I think you need to see this video.... Once

"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself"

As long as you are conscious about it, what's wrong with having preferences????

22 minutes ago, Elham said:

"Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself"

As long as you are conscious about it, what's wrong with having preferences????

Oh no 

That's a misunderstanding, one can have preferences and that's important to survive.

What is say is nuanced and it basically implies that ultimately all preferences are just distinctions in the mind which we can let go of. 

I want to people to treat people who are insecure about their heights with kindness and equals. That way we can live in a better world. I don't want to change the world.... The one who is wise enough will change themselves.

you want to get rid of heightism, but girls should still be physically attractive right?

30 minutes ago, Philipp said:

you want to get rid of heightism, but girls should still be physically attractive right?

Yes

@Vivaldo

The thing you are calling heightism is mainly about sexuality. People are attracted to good genetics. 

This is a very primitive thing that is hard wired in human brains. Good luck changing that in a societal scope.

Outside of the sexual realm I don't think, that height is very important to people. Maybe when it comes to fights tall guys appear more intimidating. 

If peoples bodies are unusually tall or short though, they just look odd. This is because they stand out.
I agree with you that these people, who are very tall or short like children get to judged too much. But that's the burden of standing out. They seem strange to the mind, because it is accostumed to see people with average height. The same thing applies to people with defects or injuries like burn marks. 

1 minute ago, Ima Freeman said:

@Vivaldo

The thing you are calling heightism is mainly about sexuality. People are attracted to good genetics. 

This is a very primitive thing that is hard wired in human brains. Good luck changing that in a societal scope.

Outside of the sexual realm I don't think, that height is very important to people. Maybe when it comes to fights tall guys appear more intimidating. 

If peoples bodies are unusually tall or short though, they just look odd. This is because they stand out.
I agree with you that these people, who are very tall or short like children get to judged too much. But that's the burden of standing out. They seem strange to the mind, because it is accostumed to see people with average height. The same thing applies to people with defects or injuries like burn marks. 

I know what u mean. Heightism is basically height shaming. That should be prevented. Since it is something we can't control.....