Sharpadox

Which Life Purpose Contributes More To Society ?

18 posts in this topic

Hello. ^_^ Firstly I would like to wish you a happy Christmas and a Happy new year.

I would like to ask you a question regarding life purpose. I feel like I have a passion for video games and for quite some time now I want to chase my dream of becoming a concept artist. The problem is that I criticise the industry for contributing to wasting many hours of people's lives. From a different perspective, yes, video games make many people waste their time and energy for things that don't really give anything to the world, but they also help people meet their needs, depending on the game and the player,of course.  Another life purpose that I could chase is that of becoming a psychologist, I consider this job to be very positive for society and the world, because I think it very ofter, maybe especially often in psychoanalysis, increases peoples' consciousness level. And considering I want to devote my life to making a better world with more conscious and aware beings this seems to fit perfectly. I consider improving other peoples lives and creating growth the purpose of existence and have seen life like that for a while. I felt great after I saw Leo's video on being a sage because I realised that was what I wanted to be, I just didn't have a name for it.

The problem is that I dont know if I want to become a psychologist and don't really have a passion for it. Maybe it's possible to create the desire and passion, but then I feel like I'd have to somewhat let go of art as a profession.

My questions are:

1.Will I contribute to society more if I choose my life purpose to be being a psychologist or an artist for the video game industry?

2.What do you think I should do if my focus in life is to give to others and to never hurt?

Thank you very much for your time and attention. Have a good day. :)

I think the best way here is to find out if you like to do the job that a psychologist/an artist for the video game do every day or not. You could have a meeting with the one that work in that industry and look at what they have to train, study, do everyday to make the result you want. If you like the training part then it might be the work for you. Here is a blog that have some good ideas on this topic http://milkthepigeon.com/. Hope this could help you.

In both, you can contribute to society. Look at it in this way; the video game industry is not all that bad; some artsy, cool education games that could impact people. Even the more "unconscious" games can help and inspire people in different kinds of ways. 

I once saw a movie that completely changed my life and motivated me to stop being a victim and find my self-actualization path.  

Maybe your work will be so terrible that the person will have to reconsider his life choices and thus to change his life, who knows? :D There are so numerous kinds of ways you can transform and impact others peoples life. Even if you don't do it while you work, you can still do it in the free time you have. Helping others, donating something, teaching someone something, spreading kindness and so on.. Endless possibilities. 

What job to choose? That is for you to decide, my friend.

What a fascinating life purpose concept by focusing on video games!! Paradoxically, games can be a rich investment of time or a waste of time! Games can be great because it deeply immerses you in a wide variety of worlds much like a great story or movie. However, it can be a waste of life if you get consumed by gamer rage and turn your back entirely on the world. I see nothing inherently wrong with video games when games have a purpose or push the boundaries of gaming or are highly innovative. 

The one that your intuition is telling you to do, not the one where your ego is the hero.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@SharpadoxWatch your motives , it's easy to confuse life purpose with the narcissistic need to be "great" ...;) 

Is it influence (service/contribution) or recognition . 

Ex. Imagine someone who is loving/nice to people because his purpose is building deep connections and relationships ,Vs someone  who is just doing it to get something from others ...

Who says video games can't have an impact on someone's life, examples are games like this.

Just bear in mind you must have the intention of creating something great, working for a corporation that churns out an average game like Fifa each year isn't gonna be too fullfilling ;)

Remove your ego from the equation, and see if the vision still inspires you.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 hours ago, Shin said:

Remove your ego from the equation, and see if the vision still inspires you.

like ants ^^

I mean, their goal is to serve the society

Edited by Soulbass

@Leo Gura I've just finished reading the first book of Ra's material, and I feel now the urgency or raising consciousness on earth.

Do you plan a slow strategy so that your audience follow and growth slowly, rather than releasing too much worldview-change content at once, so that most people would probably reject it, which would be worth less the impact and the efforts ?

What is your plan at the moment ?

Edited by Soulbass

I wrote a poem about this in my life:

How can I become a creative force in the world...,

The issue is that I am painting it too pearled,

Making it "grandiose" so my name can be told,

I am in such doubt to how it will unfold,

But Hari, now please don't fret,

Because you have discovered the best step yet,

And that is too rid the ego of all of its mess,

So you can function at your very best.

Edited by Huz

@Leo Gura  are you working on your business just by yourself or do you have a lot help from other people?
Thanks in advance for response

Elias

@Sharpadox

You want to be a concept artist, cool.

"Video games wasting hour's of people life" this is a limited belief.

Video games aren't good or bad, it's just part of media culture, it's not black or white.

You want to be a psychologist too, why not combine both.

I feel the same about "helping the society with a better consciousness" but it seems a kinda neurotic goal...

I think becoming a sage is independent from a career, but the career may have more impact on society than a sage alone in a cave.

"Service to other" in general seems a kinda cool value, whatever it's in video games entertainment or psychology therapies.

Follow your bliss, and trust your intuition (+life purpose course).

In general, I would say "serve yourself first, and impact the society by your being".

Whatever path you choose doesn't really have importance in the end.

(My experience in CGI industry, working as an animator, is that in big companies you don't have decisions to make, even if it seems creative, you are just a piece in the puzzle, and basically do a technical job. Guys who choose art directions and scripts/dialogues that impact the society are at the top of the pyramid, and often it's where the money leads the game. So you could choose to be independent and work in a small team, like most indie games today).

This is @Leo Gura's life before actualized.org^^ :

For more inspiring material, I suggest "Indie Game: The Movie" if you haven't seen it yet.

See you :)

Edited by Soulbass

@Sharpadox That's sorta the wrong question. Don't make it about other people. Make it about your passion. When you select your greatest passion, that IS going to result in you helping society the most.

You can't help society by becoming a mediocre psychologist, or whatever else. You gotta LOVE it!

If you love concept art, go with concept art. And find a way to OWN that domain. I don't mean own it as in: "be successful at it". I mean own it as in: "make it express your deepest values."

Don't just think inside the box. Invent your career, so it fits you, and only you. Then you have no competition. To do this, you gotta get extremely clear about what's important to you in life, and what exactly you want out of life.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 12/28/2016 at 2:50 AM, elias said:

@Leo Gura  are you working on your business just by yourself or do you have a lot help from other people?
Thanks in advance for response

Elias

Mostly just me.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Sharpadox That's sorta the wrong question. Don't make it about other people. Make it about your passion. When you select your greatest passion, that IS going to result in you helping society the most.

You can't help society by becoming a mediocre psychologist, or whatever else. You gotta LOVE it!

If you love concept art, go with concept art. And find a way to OWN that domain. I don't mean own it as in: "be successful at it". I mean own it as in: "make it express your deepest values."

Don't just think inside the box. Invent your career, so it fits you, and only you. Then you have no competition. To do this, you gotta get extremely clear about what's important to you in life, and what exactly you want out of life.

I love how much your work is contributing to society and to all of us aspiring actualisers. This advice made my heart sing and my eyes water. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR WORK! You set an incrediable example of how a meaningful live can be lived!

Edited by Huz

I feel any work that is grounded in spirituality contributes more. By doing anything productive we are always serving the society.

Always aim for the higher self. Always aim for the higher reality. 

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly