Terell Kirby

How many of us are awake?

209 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

All experience relies on distinctions in perception. 

@BipolarGrowth Imo, there arent even distinctions in what we'd call perception. Distinctions are created by thought and thats it, if distinctions made out of thought disappear, then theres no difference between anything whatsoever. Why? Because there just isnt. Kinda like why isnt there an ego?Because there just isnt. 

13 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

When there are no distinctions at all you reach cessation. There is no “what is.” 

"what is" was brought up as a pointer to point to...well you know. There really isnt anything. 

The "real world" is already blank and actually has no qualities whatsover, no color, no smell, not a single thing. 

4 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@BipolarGrowth Imo, there arent even distinctions in what we'd call perception. Distinctions are created by thought and thats it, if distinctions made out of thought disappear, then theres no difference between anything whatsoever. Why? Because there just isnt. Kinda like why isnt there an ego?Because there just isnt. 

"what is" was brought up as a pointer to point to...well you know. There really isnt anything. 

The "real world" is already blank and actually has no qualities whatsover, no color, no smell, not a single thing. 

There has to be some basis of perceptual difference for people to even make the thought-based distinctions though. You might reject this idea possibly by bringing up theoretical distinctions which are more or less “fully” created in thought alone, but I come at this seeing thought itself as just a sixth sense door. I think you agreed earlier that thought was the same infinite intelligence as everything else or something by a similar name. You probably get the idea. 

I know you’re pretty familiar/experienced with the nonduality stuff. I’m just pointing back to duality because integrating the two has been of a lot of value for me, and I was just sharing in case someone here might be interested in contemplating “further” into this. 

No need to go back and forth on the perceptual difference topic between you and I though. I think we’ve essentially said what was needed at this point. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

This is highly debatable. 

Spirituality and anything that encompasses it is highly ambiguous and so there is no universal definition of what it should be like. 

To a farmer in Thailand, the meaning of spirituality (and the subsequent terms under that umbrella) can vastly differ from what it means to a wall street banker living in New York. 

Spirituality is your own accepted definition of what it means to you. Nobody can decide this for you and neither can you decide it for others. 

Spirituality in of itself is a huge ocean that extends to infinity.

What looks spiritual to me might not look spiritual to you and vice versa. 

Spirituality does not have to be about fancy language or Superiority inferiority ego battles. It simply has to be what it means to you and not much to do with anyone else.. 

In this context you can compare it to something like art.. 

So if you find my art meaningless, I might find some meaning in my art that I might not be able to articulate to you. 

The idiom that I generally follow when it comes to spirituality is - "to each his own." 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

8 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

God does, silly…

And you are God.

Become aware of this life you are imagining and you’ll be all set ;).

God is a knowing / awareness. Awareness is a function. But it’s not a function of something in the sense that it’s done by something. It is literally just what appears, without context, and for no reason — meaning is entirely within the story, which isn’t real.

There’s just boundless energy, unconfined by meaning or context or control.

The unreal aspect of the appearance is simply experiential duality — me and you are not two; aren’t separate things.

Can’t get this wrong, but can’t get this right.

In a funny way though, it’s a total story but it’s like there is God in a sense — God (I AM) is doing its very best to avoid recognizing that there is no God. Either through belief, or by actually apparently being God in direct experience or direct intuition, or through any other kind of seeking, for that matter.

Edited by The0Self

11 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Do "you" think my dog bailey is also God?

You are imagining that you have a dog named Baily.

15 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

No but you can observe them.

You can observe the mirror on your wall as well. Right?

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

7 hours ago, The0Self said:

God is a knowing / awareness. Awareness is a function.

You got it backwards. Awareness creates all function.

Further, you are this awareness (God) .. therefore you are the creator of all function.

The term “function” can be interchangeable with the term “life” or “existence”.

Deeply contemplate what I said here, and you will discover that it is more profound than any spiritual theory you have read or subscribed to. Primarily because it is rooted in your direct experience.

Locked as requested.

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.