Alfonsoo

How can Leo call Obama of significantly higher consciousness than Trump?

70 posts in this topic

I mean, maybe by a hair, or at least in more noisy aspects. Obama was a huge advocate for the Middle East wars and drones strikes while Trump didn’t perpetuate the war and even (willingly) retrieved troops back to the USA. Obama was very much active with deportation, the border wall with Mexico and caging immigrants. Trump sure was more noisy about it but didn’t actually went that far. Trump wanted to diminish the Patriot Act’s (I think that’s the name) power and he seemed to be less of a sellout to Israel and Chinese interests. And more stuff like that. I’m sure he is a nasty individual with some dark stories however I wouldn’t call him stage Red at the same level as modern day dictators.  I would say he has at least an equal parts orange and red. I don’t want to get a lot into conspiracies (and hopefully you won’t be so quick to dismiss me as such) but I feel he got tons of bad press (especially at the end of his term) because he wasn’t as complaisant to the people who pull the strings compared to regular dirty politicians. He got his whole business so maybe he had a higher price. I don’t really know but maybe something along those lines. For some reason the media wasn’t really on his side and usually the official narrative is the opposite of what’s actually happening (specially in such a corrupt country as the USA). And btw, Biden’s office rode all that bad press, perfectly constructed for him, all the way to the oval office . He’s whole campaign was basically “vote for me cause I’m not trump”. 

Im not saying Trump is a high consciousness individual but I wouldn’t be so quick to put Obama on a green stage pedestal. He was just as brutal, just as inhuman as Trump and definitely thirsty for war (not to mention he also had a taste for minors). I say this because @Leo Gura loves to put Obama as a great example for green (even part yellow) politicians and emphasizes even more the “huge” contrast with Trump .

I’d be glad if anyone points out any flawed argument here.

11 minutes ago, BenG said:

You trolling?

No. What I’m saying is that Can you really be Green/Yellow and also cage south American kids and bomb the Middle East. I gave some trump comparisons not because I support him or because I think he’s secretly a genius and a saint, I gave the examples to show that Obama isn’t all that better, consciousness wise. Or at least that’s my perspective.

What’s  the trolling ?

Edited by Alfonsoo

Listen to how they speak.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard yeah, they say what their target audience wants to hear, that’s a politicians main job. But what he actually did, imo, would indicate not as much green

Edited by Alfonsoo

7 minutes ago, Alfonsoo said:

@Carl-Richard yeah, they say what their target audience wants to hear, that’s a politicians main job. But what he actually did, imo, would indicate not as much green

Being Green is easy when you're an ordinary citizen who is operating within the confines of a Green country. Being Green is a bit harder when you're a president dealing with the mess that is geopolitics.

1 hour ago, Johnny Galt said:

@Carl-Richard Listen to how obama spoke and persuaded for early childhood sexual education. Deceptive as a fox.

Is sexual education harmful?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Johnny Galt said:

@Carl-Richard Listen to how obama spoke and persuaded for early childhood sexual education. Deceptive as a fox.

Dude, teen pregnancies are down in record numbers.  Obama didn’t want more single mothers raising more bastard children because of lack of sex education.

You framing this in that particular way, is very creepy.

@hoodrow trillson

45 minutes ago, hoodrow trillson said:

Obama didn’t want more single mothers raising more bastard children because of lack of sex education.

This is good and yet is that all that was at play?

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

Is sexual education harmful?

@Carl-Richard I'm all for sexual education 

On the other hand, early childhood sexual education, due to the realities of our world,  I would argue this is absent minded and short sighted. 

Note, this would be an extensive thread for me to adequately unpackage this topic, so keep that in mind. 

To start though I'd take a look at this video: 

Hmmm...

Both major American Political parties support war and oligarchy. I just vote third party up and down the ballot.

@BenG Did you investigate any of the claims made? 

I'm also curious, do you think this is an appropriate survey for 11 year olds?  "Are you "lesbian"? "gay"? "straight"? 

Youth Survey.png

Just now, Johnny Galt said:

@BenG Did you investigate any of the claims made? 

I'm also curious, do you think this is an appropriate survey for 11 year olds?  "Are you "lesbian"? "gay"? "straight"? 

Youth Survey.png

@BenG Also there are books in schools which show sexual acts and yet the news isn't allowed to show the images. Here's an example of it being banned on instagram and yet school library's offer this book and others like it. 

instagram ban.png

Now that this topic has been brought up, i think it needs to be spoken to, I'm gonna ramble

Being that we learn through imitation, we might want to think this through. Kids learn things in schools but then outside the halls there are siblings, to netflix, to the internet, where they can go and "learn" more about what these new words mean or what else they relate to (sex ed).

And so when it's encouraged within the schools and out in the world, what do we think will happen?

I see that in time it cultivates a degenerative relationship with sex, sexuality, creator, and god.

With this though, is a complete absence of a real education, not just sexual education (older ages), but a wholly education involving all subject matter, sythethized as one. Sadly, most of us, we only know that which is a lie. 

With sex ed, like most things, we are missing steps, skipping steps. Before that subject matter, you would teach emotional and physical education, via sports and art (gut/quadrivium and heart/trivium:) 

Also, you would not sit children in desks all day long while leading them all forward at the same pace, same rhythm, books, and order. I see this as brainwashing and we should wake up from it all, but that's just me ranting at this point :) 

We need a new vision for education. It's because of our absence of vision that things have come to where they are here and now. But now that I've mentioned education we'd have to bring in the whole city, being that all is in relations to all, we'd have to look at it all, but that's another thread for another time

Edited by Johnny Galt

@BenG :) I had an inspired moment, and so I allowed myself to attempt to bring clarity to some thoughts; as I said I was rambling, and yet I stand with what I said, it all relates

@BenG My issue was with Obama, I see him as a wolf in sheeps skin and so therefore he's no better than Trump. I see them both as inadequate and we deserver better. Also, Obama persuaded for the early sex ed in schools while campaigning and so that was an example of why I said what I said, "deceptive as a fox", it was in how he persuaded and argued. That, and he called Snowden a "hacker" to the public when he was actually a top analyst for the NSA. And he did it so smoothly, he's slick

Edited by Johnny Galt

@Johnny Galt What exactly are the reasons you think early sex-ed is bad? In a few sentences. It was hard to tell from your rambly post but I'm curious to hear your viewpoint :D

Asking 11 year olds about their sexual orientation is pretty bad, I agree. Educating them about what different kinds of sexual orientation there are so they can start to consider it themselves on the other hand is a great thing. I'm assuming that was the intention of that survey

The best argument for early sexual education is that by the time a kid is 11-12, they start learning about sex stuff from their peers anyway, especially if they have older siblings or older friends. And then the question becomes whether you'd rather a trained professional sex-ed teacher taught them about sex or they learn it through the filter of their peers. Because one of those two things has to start happening first