Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RMQualtrough

Is God legitimately the best term?

9 posts in this topic

As I understand presently...

"I" is literally nothing.

All something is perception.

The union of the two is like an encompassing of both nothing and something. I can't find a fitting term. The term God seems to imply something I can't fit to that for some reason. Not sure why but I feel like God has to be the "I" part of the union.

For a long time, I avoided God as a pointer because it tends to invoke beliefs born of our conditioning. I use it more now, as awakening is ultimately a spiritual rather than conceptual realization.

God is paradox. It is beyond everything and nothing, and is incomprehensible to the human mind. It can only be directly realized.

For that reason, Mystery resonates from the Tao Te Ching, as does Tat from ancient eastern mysticism, which is translated as, "That." We can't know what "That" is, we can only realize it as our ultimate nature.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Reality is Love, Infinite, Intelligent, Creative, Mind, Nothingness, Empty, Somethingness, Everything, Existence, Isness, Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, perfect, Imagination, Singular, Alone, AMness,...

The word God fits that very well IMO.

Better than any other word. Like for example Nothingness, or Being. Using these terms it's not straightforward that for example Reality is also Love. 

And at deep levels of God Realization, the above description is still lacking something.

It's just pure GOD. It's the perfect word.

Edited by GreenWoods

Neither existence nor nonexistence is one of my favorites. As Lao Tzu said in the Tao the Ching, “It’s older than God.” He was referring to the Tao. There’s an important reason why many Buddhists have an attitude that God/Self is not an ultimate answer. Lao Tzu combined these two seemingly opposing ideas in a way beyond anything I’ve seen in modern teachings. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

When direct-experience happens, laungauge i.e. names, thoughts, beliefs and interpretations gets totally
erased/replaced.

It's beyond words. It just IS (even that is a word)

<3

“Life is just a break from an Infinite Orgasm. Prolong your break for as long as you want. Ride that wave. But don’t forget where you're headed.”

If you didn't grow up with it as a "reality" you must abide by and submit to, I can see why one might find it appealing.

In my opinion it's a slippery slope to some major archetypal confusion. God, the Father figure, the Judger, the one who holds hierarchy in place. He's really just another scapegoat in the end. That's the same role the Devil plays, ironically. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost