soos_mite_ah

Prerequisites Before Doing Psychedelics 

28 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, soos_mite_ah said:

I would consider myself at the very beginning (as in barely scratching the surface) of the spiritual process as it relates to things like nonduality and mysticism. I'm guessing you think that I'm over thinking all of this :D

@soos_mite_ah I would say yes, you seem to be overthinking it. 

Just take simple precautions, it's very common sense, if you have a mental condition that involves psychosis or bipolar/mania, then of course be VERY careful. 

Make sure the setting is in a safe place and take a beginner dosage of whatever substance. 

Otherwise, have a nice, innocent trip. Just go in and have fun. 

In my opinion, I wouldn't listen to anyone's horror stories on the matter, it's like a self fulfilling prophecy, if you say that God is horrifying and scary, then you're just spooking yourself out for no reason (also God being horrifying is not true). 

I used to have the whole God consciousness shit on psychedelics until one day I realized it was actually the spiritual ego playing the game of being God, and in turn always being afraid of itself, then repeating the whole "infinity is frightening!" Story. 

19 hours ago, Nahm said:

@soos_mite_ah

I agree with everything you said except having to be yellow, and listening to Leo’s videos on psychedelics. I think those are both misnomers which you’re better off not hearing, in terms of any connotational beliefs & misunderstandings you might pick up and ‘bring into’ your trips. 

I agree here. I think too much Leo made me expecting to much from the trips. Had I just heard about them a little bit I may have been more grounded.

I agree though. Precede with extreme caution, care, maturity and balance. Start low, go slow. 

The experiences if you start slow go low and surprisingly benign in my experience. 

But, anything can happen. Enter at your own risk. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

30 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Start low, go slow.

Love that!  Couldn’t agree more. The key imo is realizing the projections, not recontextualizing to reinforce objectifying life’s teachings. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

21 hours ago, soos_mite_ah said:

Around the 31 minute mark: If truth realization is not your Moby Dick to where you want to sacrifice everything, go for human adulthood meaning the integration of your spiritual, emotional, relational, physical self to be your most mature self. If you don't want to sacrifice everything, point your hunger toward integration and self actualization. Then in the 37 minute mark, Mackenzie talks about her experiences with nonduality how she felt all the love and light in the moment but then she came back down to just being human again and still having all of her problems that she had before the experience and how that can be discouraging and therefore cause people to go on these endless seeking journeys. 

[I've read two of Jed's books] 
Even with Human Adulthood you still have to sacrifice a lot and go through a "death/rebith" process to get there. Probs still more extreme than the impression most gurus paint of a dark knight of the soul. If you're overly obsessed with construction then you're gonna be disillusioned with that at some point, or just remain in the same place not knowing why.
There's no avoiding destruction and nihilism whichever way you go, but who am I to go out my way and command others to make a fetish out of that. Maybe "the process" is less full of kicking and screaming if you surrender to it, probably takes surrendering to start it and let it happen 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

by all means, follow those rules if you must, but to me, that list is crazy and extreme.

Just take them if it feels right and you are curious and open minded.

Edited by SgtPepper

If you feel joy at the prospect of gatekeeping yourself to this degree, by all means go ahead. My intuition is that this is too much, but I don't know your character and can't speak to their needs or desires.

Just don't forget that psychedelics are a very powerful tool, when used wisely, for healing and growing yourself.  They can help you accomplish the list of "prerequisites" you mentioned.  The point of them really isn't a grand mystical experience, though that can be great; the point is to help you on your path.

I think the only true best practice is to take them seriously and use them with intention, and to give yourself the time and space to integrate the lessons into your real life.  They can be extraordinary for real/lasting healing from anxiety and trauma, so don't feel like those are "bad"... just know that difficult trips may be necessary to confront the darkness head-on.  Serious usage spread over long periods of time will help you the most.  

On 1.11.2021 at 5:36 AM, soos_mite_ah said:

Be over 25: Need to have the prefrontal cortex developed. Don't want to mess up my neurological development.

Can't stress this enough. Here is my experience:

After 2 God trips I saw myself during normal daily life to tap into an insanity perspective. It feels super absolute because, if I would go more in that direction, the perspective would be permanent. The feeling is that it kills me (feels like the body is dying, but honestly it's mainly the identity) - very much a feeling of death similar to a comeup of a very high dose on shrooms. This happened randomly at least once per week. Looking back now I was feeling good to trip again after the 1st God trip, but it was still too close with 3 months after the last one and too high dosed. Now after 4 months after the last trip the insanity perspectives continue with less intensity and less shroomy feeling to them but they're still there nonetheless. Even threshold doses now are already opening the insanity box. Tripping isn't possible for me for a long time. I am not scared by the trips but by the after effects.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.