Tyler Durden

Why are people who had God realisation considered crazy by society?

38 posts in this topic

If you publicly say that you are God, most people will think that you are crazy and if you insist on it, you'll probably end up in a mental hospital.

Why is that the case? Shouldn't that person be praised because he/she discovered the Truth? Is that a way in which God keeps itself inside the illusion for longer?

Not all of them are. Many modern teachers who have "gone the full distance" are as normal as you or I. 

The difference is that they've learned to keep their mouths shut and not try to convert people/preach to them about what God realization feels like. 

"Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water."

The ones who end up in mental hospitals are the ones who have a manic swing after a huge breakthrough and try to show off their new spiritual ego by telling everyone and their grandma how they've cracked reality and understood everything. 

In short, keep it in your pants ;) Nobody else can be enlightened by shouting "crazy" shit at them. 

4 minutes ago, Tim Ho said:

How can a teacher go full distance and keep their mouths shut at the same time?

Anyway I think the problem is because everyone has a different definition of "God"

It's very easy to go the distance and keep your mouth shut. One who has actually reached "genuine enlightenment" has no need to run around telling other people. They demonstrate it in their compassion, their wisdom, their discernment, their honesty. There is no need to become an evangelical preacher. 

Edit: I am not saying everyone HAS to shut up, only that those who are called to teach will do so in a straightforward and simple manner, without trying to force it on others. The ones who end up institutionalized try to force it. 

Edited by OneHandClap

4 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

It's very easy to go the distance and keep your mouth shut. One who has actually reached "genuine enlightenment" has no need to run around telling other people. They demonstrate it in their compassion, their wisdom, their discernment, their honesty. There is no need to become an evangelical preacher. 

?

Enlightenment blossoms uniquely for each person, some preach (kinda) and actually may be enlightened, others may say there's no enlightenment blah blah blah . So it really goes both ways. 

But I gotta say, when the eyes open all thats there is this, and there's no real need to tell the masses unless it's for power or you just don't care lol. 

Culture is a mass cult, and "crazy" is a defense mechanism word used to immediately throw someone in the garbage, so there's the closest thing to an answer right there. 

Edited by Fearless_Bum

If the Abrahamic religions didn't drift away from mysticism, this wouldn't be a problem. The concept of "faith" stems from the denial of the direct experience of God.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

?

Enlightenment blossoms uniquely for each person, some preach (kinda) and actually may be enlightened, others may say there's no enlightenment blah blah blah . So it really goes both ways. 

But I gotta say, when the eyes open all thats there is this, and there's no real need to tell the masses unless it's for power or you just don't care lol. 

Culture is a mass cult, and "crazy" is a defense mechanism word used to immediately throw someone in the garbage, so there's the closest thing to an answer right there. 

Well said! I definitely had a low-key manic phase where I went around telling all my friends, family, etc about how they needed to meditate and directly perceive reality. I wanted them all to share in that bliss. A few awakening/insight/satori experiences later, I understood how futile and empty that compulsion it was. It was more of wanting to be viewed as some awakened being than actually having a genuine drive to teach. A few close friends still do consult with me about practices, but I never pressure, only reply to what they need at that moment. As you said, everyone has their own path :)

Edited by OneHandClap

@OneHandClap I understand what you're saying, it makes sense. But if all people are actually God in disguise, you would expect more understanding from them. You're just telling them what they already know deep down inside.

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

@OneHandClap I understand what you're saying, it makes sense. But if all people are actually God in disguise, you would expect more understanding from them. You're just telling them what they already know deep down inside.

The thing is, if they are already God, there is no need to try to shove it in their face or explain it to them. If they are in the right spot to seek it out, they will see your behavior and ask questions. If they want to play the material/success game, let them have fun. There is no "mandate" that everyone must awaken. It is a choice given with love. 

Everyone is at different stages of development. Things that were said to me years ago had no impact, but now when I hear them I REALLY understand them. There's no point in trying to push people with this stuff.  They'll be ready when they're ready 

10 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

Well said! I definitely had a low-key manic phase where I went around telling all my friends, family, etc about how they needed to meditate and directly perceive reality. I wanted them all to share in that bliss. A few awakening/insight/satori experiences later, I understood how futile and empty that compulsion it was. It was more of wanting to be viewed as some awakened being than actually having a genuine drive to teach. A few close friends still do consult with me about practices, but I never pressure, only reply to what they need at that moment. As you said, everyone has their own path :)

@OneHandClap agree totally and same: I had a similar compulsion to force people to adopt my special spiritual views. 

People who understand what 'I am God' means don't say it, because it's like saying, 'Everything is Everything'.  It's pointless. 

If you are trying to convince someone else that you are God, or that they are God, then you are confused about what God is... It would be like convincing the characters in a dream you are having that they are just dream characters.. if you find yourself doing this, you yourself are lost in the dream thinking they are 'separate from your dream', and you've forgotten that the dream characters are you. 

Edited by Mason Riggle
grammar

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

It's fantastic to realize that one is not what they thought they were. Sometimes one then thinks that they are fantastic. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Generally speaking people have only a partial understanding of God, as some kind of creative force or being that is somehow apart from it's creation. When one says "I am God" the other hears "I alone am the creator, separate from and higher than that which is created."

The importance of semantics is not widely appreciated.