Leo Gura

Leo's Practical Guide To Enlightenment

616 posts in this topic

@Max_V Psychedelics are the best tool I know for that. They will make you face the fear head on and it will be laser-effective.

After you die a dozen times on psychedelics, you stop worrying about death and start looking forward to it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I’m open to try although pretty scared to. 

I don’t have the possibility to try any heavier kind of psychedelic as I still live with my family at home. 

What would you say are some of the softer substances I could experiment with when I feel ready? 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V I wouldn't want to recommend them for youngsters.

@Leo Gura I just turned 18 a couple days ago but I still miss that feeling of self-trust and responsibility. As that will grow in the future and I get more conceptual knowledge on psychedelics, I will consider trying them.

Thanks for your concern. Happy new year Leo, I wish you the best for 2018!

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

After watching Leo's YouTube video, I tried to understand what was he talking about• WTF was that enlightenment thing. He had completely won me over with his previous videos and I gave everything I got to understand what he was saying. After 3 days of processing "who am I?!" , _It_ happened...

The fun part is that he must be thinking I am trolling him. How can it work for someone else if he hasn't already figured out after all...

I really wish I could talk to Leo. But on the other hand, does it truly matter?...

@pankoo Good for you. Why would I think you're trolling me?

I'm happy to see people getting enlightened, or having glimpses. That's the whole point of what I do: sharing the profundity of these insights with people.

The whole point is that no one is in control of when these insights dawn. It's not up you or me. For some people it happens in 3 days, for others it happens in 30 years, and for others it never happens at all. I've seen old ladies who hardly know anything about enlightenment have big breakthroughs very quickly while more serious students of nonduality stay stuck. It actually helps to be a newb at this. The more conceptual knowledge of enlightenment you have, the worse it can be.

Keep in mind, you probably have deeper to go. And beginner's luck tends to run out.

I think the original post is misleading. The idea of self is an illusion I agree, but where is the evidence for being connected apart from a feeling? There are many assumptions in the original post from what I feel is from a feeling of astonishment and insecurity leading to a desire to express an authoritian style lesson from Leo.

Leo, did you experience feelings in your youth such as insecurity, weaknesses, powerless, less than, inferior?

I feel these coming across and sense them in your videos.

I feel like you should let yourself go, drift, wonder, fail, lose, mess up everything, throw it all away, be a pathetic loser and let it die when there.

Anyone else agree?

On 1/30/2018 at 6:34 AM, BMKemp said:

Leo, did you experience feelings in your youth such as insecurity, weaknesses, powerless, less than, inferior?

Lol, yeah. Me and 7 billion other humans.

Surprise, surprise! I am a human with flaws and weaknesses!

Nevertheless the party continues. If you're looking for Jesus, that ain't me.

But you don't seem to be aware of those feelings. They are much of your driving force. Sorry to come across as hard. I want to explore truth with you.

You didn't address my comments around the original post, much of it is misleading I feel. There are lots of conclusions drawn and it doesn't feel truly known. Do you agree at all?

On 12/29/2017 at 10:58 PM, Leo Gura said:

@Max_V Psychedelics are the best tool I know for that. They will make you face the fear head on and it will be laser-effective.

After you die a dozen times on psychedelics, you stop worrying about death and start looking forward to it.

Sorry to point this out buddy

If one needs to take a drug to die then it’s not death at all. It’s still the self clinging to itself and desire through pleasure. 

Experience is a bundle of memory’s  responding to a challenge. Experience can only respond according to its background, past, what it has already know. Any experience through psychodelics is still a projection in accordance to whatever conditioning one has and what ever pleasures it seeks to maintain. 

If you don’t recognize an experience it’s not experience at all. Every experience has already been experienced or you wouldn’t recognize it. Any recognition of an experience must inevitably be old. If we recognized an experience that means it must be old. You can not “RECOGNIZE” a new experience it is impossible. To seek the unlimited through drugs is still a movement within consciousness therefore a limited movement of thought. 

Do u see that every movement of will/self, to become psychologically invulnerable, leads to illusion and deception and is only thought seeking security? 

When asking the questions for example

Who am i?

Answer: My body

How do you know you are your body?

Is that correct?

Do you actually try to answer and go meta on it?

On 2/5/2018 at 1:19 PM, Faceless said:

Sorry to point this out buddy

If one needs to take a drug to die then it’s not death at all. It’s still the self clinging to itself and desire through pleasure.

You're being a smartass.

I shared this technique as something that is helpful for that particular problem. And you start preaching to me about the Absolute.

Unless you've done 10+ deep trips, please don't speak about psychedelics because you just don't know what you're talking about.

On 2/6/2018 at 9:18 AM, herghly said:

When asking the questions for example

Who am i?

Answer: My body

How do you know you are your body?

Is that correct?

Do you actually try to answer and go meta on it?

It's not about verbal answers so much as about your ACTUAL identification.

Here... let's make it very simple:

1) You believe you exist, right?

2) Okay, so then WHAT are you? What is it that you think you are?

A body? What is that? And how can you be sure you're a body? Why aren't you the coffee table? If you're the body, then what is everything else? How can you be a body when the body is actually just a set of perceptions? Are you saying you're a perception? What about in deep sleep? There's no perceptions or body in deep sleep. So what are you then? What were you before you were born?

Don't try to come up with logical answers. Instead, try to realize that you actually don't know what you are. And then just wonder, What could I be?

Don't forget... maybe you don't exist!

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You're being a smartass.

I shared this technique as something that is helpful for that particular problem. And you start preaching to me about the Absolute.

Unless you've done 10+ deep trips, please don't speak about psychedelics because you just don't know what you're talking about.

You don’t need to take that substance to know what’s happening in the brain and how it translates into thought. Just like you don’t need to know why people seek out other substances like pot, alcohol, and others substances either. What I have explained before about the usage of psychedelics leading to a thought induced experience is not bias or prejudice standpoint. If one looks very deeply they can see what’s taking place. I’m sure people with healthy thinking would say the same. 

Im not being a smart ass either. Its posted under practical guide to ‘enlightenment’. Misleading and dangerous. I don’t understand how you promote that to people. I’m not attacking you, it’s just some people may not want to take any substance but might think they have to because you say it’s necessary. That’s not true and I feel responsible to at least be a voice saying that is false. Any way I don’t know what else to say other than good luck to you.??

And sorry if I seem like a pest. It’s important to me that people become free.  

Edited by Faceless

7 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

@Faceless If psychedelics help, whats the harm?

I think they have a function in certain areas. But I wouldn’t say they lead to liberation or a timeless state. 

I have gone into that in previous topics. Have you read any? 

I m not against psychedelics no matter how it may seem. But I do stress the importance of understanding experience before using them. Just to avoid problems that may arise. 

But overall I know they can be very helpful for some. I just don’t think they should be force fed to people caught in the trap of becoming. 

I hope u understand my position. I know a lot of people on here like them and I respect there decision to participate in them. 

And yes if somthing helps why not. If it does help of course. 

Edited by Faceless

1 minute ago, Faceless said:

I think they have a function in certain areas. But I wouldn’t say they lead to liberation or a timeless state. 

I have gone into that in previous topics. Have you read any? 

I m not against psychedelics no matter how it may seem. But I do stress the importance of understanding experience before using them. Just to avoid problems that may arise. 

But overall I know they can be very helpful for some. I just don’t think they should be force fed to people caught in the trap of becoming. 

I hope u understand my position. I know a lot of people on here like them and I respect there decision to participate in them. 

Its a tool in a toolbox, I agree. Nothing should be forced anyway.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H