Thought Art

What is your end goal with self actualization?

46 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Terell Kirby said:

Goal: To die knowing I gave my best in living life.

Damn, I admittedly will die knowing I didn't at all times.

I am finding my weakness and short comings difficult to accept. I need to develop my self compassion and my work ethic.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

19 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Exactly,

But, it's useful to steer the ship and have an idea of the destination

or else, it's sort of.. not a journey? if you know what I mean.

Personally I want to be very skilled at something and recognized for it socially and financially. But, apparently that is years away.

Of course. My end goal is to rest within the Love and knowledge of God eternally, but I'm not going to achieve this inside this human form.

So what I want to do is gain enough expertise to create the art that will evoke the feelings of Truth in humanity, and get paid for it so I can do more & enjoy life. And die peacefully in the arms of my lover knowing that I've completed my mission in this world.

But like you said, that's quite a long road. I've learnt that thinking about the end goal all the time makes me stressed and impatient so I decided to take one step at a time and enjoy the hell out of it.

23 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Damn, I admittedly will die knowing I didn't at all times.

I am finding my weakness and short comings difficult to accept. I need to develop my self compassion and my work ethic.

Maybe those weaknesses were you living your best at the time? Don’t beat yourself up. It also doesn’t mean you can’t do better than before though. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

1 hour ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Maybe those weaknesses were you living your best at the time? Don’t beat yourself up. It also doesn’t mean you can’t do better than before though. 

Facts.

Life is trial and error.

it’s not about how many times you fall, and it’s about how many times you get back up.

1 hour ago, Terell Kirby said:

Facts.

Life is trial and error.

it’s not about how many times you fall, and it’s about how many times you get back up.

Yes, I need to remember that.

I suffer because I imagine I should be this perfect, intelligent wise sage. I have aspects of this.

But I fail a lot. I just don't know what the failures mean exactly yet. I also haven't had lasting success yet. I am sure it is coming though.

@BipolarGrowth This is something to remember as well. I have so many 'rules' I give myself and life as to what is the right thing, or way to be, or how thing should be. Letting go of that and just going with the way is important. 

I sense I am doing my best.... But also I can do better. I want to break free from wage slavery, to help others heal their posture, trauma... To enliven their Qi and to feel better. To feel safe.

I have my own process. I will improve. I must be patient. I can trust my own process.

◭"89"

11 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I want to live a passionate life, develop powerful skills and to be a powerful creator. 

If I can't I will kill myself. This is do or die.

Why? It could also be die and do for the fun of it. Why this seriousness? 

I understand that this is like your burning motivation kind of thing which sounds great but it isn't. Everything is meaningless. You need to look closer at this attitude. It's not really the attitude you want to have even if this would give some self help junkies a hard on. Not saying that this thinking can't make you successful though. 

48 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

Why? It could also be die and do for the fun of it. Why this seriousness? 

I understand that this is like your burning motivation kind of thing which sounds great but it isn't. Everything is meaningless. You need to look closer at this attitude. It's not really the attitude you want to have even if this would give some self help junkies a hard on. Not saying that this thinking can't make you successful though. 

It's not healthy. I still need to work on my success/ failure cognition.

It may be meaningless... But I feel emotions. And I would rather enjoy the experience. If I have to work some shit 9-5 the rest of my life.. Or if I come to some kind of social ruin... There is not point in sticking around.  I will see what else is out there.

However, I am putting the work in. Nothing is guaranteed in this life. I've suffered enough for an eternity. 

◭"89"

I don't have too many goals for self-actualization other than to finish some artwork and maybe sell it and if I'm able to, having more insights so that I understand what on Earth all of this means, that would be really nice.  That is my 5-year goal I'm not sure what I will be doing in 10 years though to be honest.

24 minutes ago, Loba said:

I don't have too many goals for self-actualization other than to finish some artwork and maybe sell it and if I'm able to, having more insights so that I understand what on Earth all of this means, that would be really nice.  That is my 5-year goal I'm not sure what I will be doing in 10 years though to be honest.

A year is a mysterious thing

◭"89"

@kamwalker What a liberating idea...

For me I'd like to do that more. But first.. escape wage slavery and do it in a kickass way. 

◭"89"

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Yes, I need to remember that.

I suffer because I imagine I should be this perfect, intelligent wise sage. I have aspects of this.

But I fail a lot. I just don't know what the failures mean exactly yet. I also haven't had lasting success yet. I am sure it is coming though.

@BipolarGrowth This is something to remember as well. I have so many 'rules' I give myself and life as to what is the right thing, or way to be, or how thing should be. Letting go of that and just going with the way is important. 

I sense I am doing my best.... But also I can do better. I want to break free from wage slavery, to help others heal their posture, trauma... To enliven their Qi and to feel better. To feel safe.

I have my own process. I will improve. I must be patient. I can trust my own process.

There is no right way to live other than to follow your heart. The world doesn’t need you to be Superman or some perfectionist ideal. Do what you can. Your struggle and story is just as important as anyone else’s in the grand scheme of things. 

Maybe we should shove the culmination of multi-millennia old insight up our asses instead. 

@BipolarGrowth

"

Well, I met you at the blood bank
We were looking at the bags
Wondering if any of the colours
Matched any of the names we knew on the tags

You said, "See look there, that's yours
Stacked on top with your brother's
See how they resemble one another
Even in their plastic little covers"

And I said I know it well"

◭"89"

@Thought Art me too brother. Just don't casually mention suicide. This is not an option, it's stupidity. You just need to clear up some emotions. Read ask and it is given and the path of least resistance. These 2 books will help. 

1 hour ago, BlackMaze said:

@Thought Art me too brother. Just don't casually mention suicide. This is not an option, it's stupidity. You just need to clear up some emotions. Read ask and it is given and the path of least resistance. These 2 books will help. 

I seem to mention is a lot. 

I think about it a lot.

I call the hotline when the thoughts start up again now... until I can afford therapy.

I feel a lot of fear and I see a lot.

I sometimes feel trapped existententially in an experience I can't control and don't enjoy. I see my failures and fear I will never find my way to lasting love, joy, success, and peace.

I am working on it.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I don't think there is an end goal.

The point is just to become a better human being, as in being able to be happier and happier to share it with everyone else.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 hours ago, Shin said:

I don't think there is an end goal.

The point is just to become a better human being, as in being able to be happier and happier to share it with everyone else.

Happier, safer, more grounded, more loving. More of a connecter rather than a destroyer or separator. 

◭"89"

@Thought Art That's true I hope to have some personal pieces done during the first and second year - nothing that I plan on selling, just so I can perfect my art style and then once I feel that it is ready and doesn't have anything that looks visually awkward, I can start making more general works of art that would appeal to many individuals.  Like designs and stuff.

You never know, I may get more done in a year than I have originally assumed.  For this year I'm just going to concentrate on finishing artwork that I had started and never completed and once I do that I can start making some more current works of art that might be more relevant...

I noticed that you are going through some things right now do you have any hobbies to fall back on that can help offer a sense of grounding and personal achievement?  If not that's one of the best things to have while working on self-actualization because it allows you to have something tangible in your hands that shows improvement and this is great for self-esteem, preventing and working through depression, and so forth.  All the best.

Edited by Loba