Gregory1

Second Psychedelic Trip ever. I need your help!

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

One week ago I've had my first psychedelic trip ever. I took 100ug of LSD and it was an increadibly powerful experience way better and more powerful than I could have imagined. If you're interested in the experience, here is my trip report:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/72818-first-time-psychedelics-incredible-beauty-and-perfection/#comment-1002977

In the coming weekend I plan to do my second trip ever, taking LSD again. I've read that LSD builds up tolerance for 1-2 weeks. The time at which I'll be doing my second trip will be exactly 1 week after my first trip. I plan to take 125ug this time, hoping to be able to make this experience even more powerful or AS powerful as my first experience. 

This second trip I want to use for gaining insight into reality and learn as much as I can. This I want to accomplish by going into the experience with a clear intent and plan about what I want to contemplate / realize within the trip.

@flyingwhalee gave me important and really helpful guidlines for my first trip, like for examle going into the trip with a loving intent. He also gave me some tips for my second trip for example to contemplate what reality is made of (conciousness?).

If you (the reader) have experience with gaining insights into the nature of reality / gaining insights into the nature of truth by using psychedelics, I would be very happy if you could give me some tips for my second trip. These would include:

1. Do you think after just 1 week pause 125ug LSD will be enough to counter possible tolerance (100ug 1 week ago)? Would you take even more maybe?
  2. What questions would you advise me to contemplate to come closer to truth / to have important realizations?
  3. Do you think it would be fine to ask the question of who I am? I have a feeling that this question might be too powerful for my second trip (I asked it for a very short period in my first trip and could really feel the weight of that question)
  4. (Do you think searching for "truth" is a wise goal to start your psychedelic journey? Or would you rather advise to use the first psychedelic trips for emotional healing / shadow work - although none of that really came up / seemed important in my first trip tbh?)

I am very grateful for your answers and suggestions. They really helped me for my first trip and I am sure they'll also greatly benefit me to have a safe and productive second trip.

Thank you and greetings

Gregory

Edited by Gregory1

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

21 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:
  1. Do you think after just 1 week pause 125ug LSD will be enough to counter possible tolerance (100ug 1 week ago)? Would you take even more maybe?

Tolerance is about a half after 1 week, so 200µg would be equivalent to 100µg. This depends from person to person though so who knows what dose you'll actually do. Why so hasty?

22 minutes ago, Gregory1 said:
  1. What questions would you advise me to contemplate to come closer to truth / to have important realizations?
  2. Do you think it would be fine to ask the question of who I am? I have a feeling that this question might be too powerful for my second trip (I asked it for a very short period in my first trip and could really feel the weight of that question)
  3. (Do you think searching for "truth" is a wise goal to start your psychedelic journey? Or would you rather advise to use the first psychedelic trips for emotional healing / shadow work - although none of that really came up / seemed important in my first trip tbh?)

All questions are OK! Don't ask us for the questions that are relevant to you, only you knows that best! Everyone's life and thus awakening is unique.

1 hour ago, 4201 said:

Tolerance is about a half after 1 week, so 200µg would be equivalent to 100µg. 

I'm not sure this is true, I'm pretty sure after a week you would need a dose that is ~25% more than the initial dose to get similar effects. Although you cannot be certain and it is probably best just to wait at least 2 weeks and fully reset your tolerance. 

Why the rush? Why not wait at least a few weeks integrating the first trip? An LSD trip is so long, there is bound to be tons of stuff to integrate.

But if you're gonna go for it regardless, then godspeed my friend!

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

Hey @Gregory1 !

1) I'd wait at least two weeks between trips, but really even 2 weeks is a bit short. Not only because of the tolerance. If I want the next trip to be even more profound, I would need time to integrate in my day to day life what I learnt and live accordingly. But that's just me, I guess there would be nothing inherently wrong with frequent tripping. But you can't with LSD anyway. 

2) So many. Then again, be clear with yourself about what you really want: Truth ? Urgent existential questions ? Healing ? Creativity Simply learn to be a more decent person ? Need practical answers to better your life ? Because you won't really necessarly need Truth for practical purposes for example. Maybe take some time to reflect on this. 

3) I would say yes 100%. And don't be afraid to dive deep within your being (and it will be extremely deep). Psychedelics are such gems for exploring the nature of the self. And LSD does its job amazingly. Also, that alone will take a lot of trips. In fact, you can discover for yourself there is no boundary / limit to your self, so you can be going infinitely, so to speak. If the thought of it scares you now, remember that whatever shows up on a trip is a part of you. Therefore, not only there is nothing to fear, but there is everything to love. And you will need self-love to progress. More on that in 4)

4) I would say both ways are fine, in the sens that accessing Truth is extremely healing. Nothing will teach you self-love more than tasting the existential love of God for everything, and that will translate in your life to Self-love for the whole universe (that you are). I personally went for Truth straight from the start, no regrets whatsoever. Made peace with the radical implications of Oneness. Then again, I read recently on this forum reports from people for who realizing God and Oneness has been horrifying, so perspective varies a lot. My advice for you would be to make sure that you're so thirsty for Truth, you feel you can't live without. So no regrets after, because it's literally pulling the curtain, seeing what's behind the scenes and break all illusions of separation. Realizing your POV is all that exists and is the whole universe is a rude awakening for some. But it's 100% true. Would you be okay with consciousness being unitary ? It comes with a sens of responsability for everything, and it asks to be tough (aka very accepting) from the perspective of the conceptual self. Ultimately it's perfection itself.

Check out my project's new music video about climate change issues: Day Of Change - Earth Failure (Official music video)

9 hours ago, 4201 said:

All questions are OK! Don't ask us for the questions that are relevant to you, only you knows that best! Everyone's life and thus awakening is unique.

@4201 Thanks, that makes sense.

7 hours ago, Pateedm said:

I'm not sure this is true, I'm pretty sure after a week you would need a dose that is ~25% more than the initial dose to get similar effects. Although you cannot be certain and it is probably best just to wait at least 2 weeks and fully reset your tolerance. 

@Pateedm Yeah, I think this is more accurate. Wikipedia says, tolerance lasts 1-2 weeks. So for some people tolerance will be gone after 1 week, while for others it will need 2 weeks.

3 hours ago, TheAlchemist said:

Why the rush? Why not wait at least a few weeks integrating the first trip? An LSD trip is so long, there is bound to be tons of stuff to integrate.

But if you're gonna go for it regardless, then godspeed my friend!

@TheAlchemist thanks for your advice and amazing video!:D I have 3 reasons for my rush:

1. At the moment I have free time. I still have free time for a short but limited period of time. After that, college will start again and my time will be extremely limited for at least 4 months. It could be the case that I won't find time to dive deep with psychedelics when my next semester starts, so I want to do as much as I can now while I'm still free with time and in a good mindset.
  2. Integration is a tricky one for me since I have no memory / can't imagine / conceptualize my first trip. I only know some things from the first trip conceptually because I've filmed myself and talked into the camera and could watch it in retroperspective. Also I think that the state of conciousness I was in was so far away from my normal day to day state of conciousness that I wouldn't even now how to practically I could draw many lessons from that state of conciousness to take with me into my everyday state of conciousness. But the trip definetely had an effect on me. The last week I felt really at peace with everything and everyone. I was fearless in my way of relating with people, a lot fearless and more open/empathic than I was before the trip. I hope that the second trip would give me some memory so I would have more stuff to integrate.
  3. The first trip showed me a completely new reality / world that I didn't knew of before. This world is so wildly different from the world I currently know that I wouldn't have believed you if you told me of it before the trip. I am extremely excited by the possibility to explore this world and sense that there is an enormous potential to gain insight and learn from this "other reality" so to speak. This makes me very  excited and I am extremely interested to explore this reality further (as soon as possible
3 hours ago, flyingwhalee said:

1) I'd wait at least two weeks between trips, but really even 2 weeks is a bit short. Not only because of the tolerance. If I want the next trip to be even more profound, I would need time to integrate in my day to day life what I learnt and live accordingly. But that's just me, I guess there would be nothing inherently wrong with frequent tripping. But you can't with LSD anyway. 

@flyingwhale (can't lin you) Thanks for your advice which is basically the same thing @TheAlchemist told me to do (can't link for some reason). I'll go for it anyway because of  the reason mentioned above.

2) So many. Then again, be clear with yourself about what you really want: Truth ? Urgent existential questions ? Healing ? Creativity Simply learn to be a more decent person ? Need practical answers to better your life ? Because you won't really necessarly need Truth for practical purposes for example. Maybe take some time to reflect on this. 

I think I'm interested in truth (I might be deluded about that though). Since I've been very young I always had an interest for truth. Also it was always very important for me (a lot more important than for most people including my parents, sisters, teachers, friends) to be very clear, consise and truthful about my intentions / articulation / what I do in my day to day life. I'll definetely contemplate what I really want and my guess is that this might be something that I'll find out naturally as I follow the path / get more experience with psychedelics.

3) I would say yes 100%. And don't be afraid to dive deep within your being (and it will be extremely deep). Psychedelics are such gems for exploring the nature of the self. And LSD does its job amazingly. Also, that alone will take a lot of trips. In fact, you can discover for yourself there is no boundary / limit to your self, so you can be going infinitely, so to speak. If the thought of it scares you now, remember that whatever shows up on a trip is a part of you. Therefore, not only there is nothing to fear, but there is everything to love. And you will need self-love to progress. More on that in 4)

Thank you, this is a very important thing to know I believe, I'll take that with me into my trip.

4) I would say both ways are fine, in the sens that accessing Truth is extremely healing. Nothing will teach you self-love more than tasting the existential love of God for everything, and that will translate in your life to Self-love for the whole universe (that you are). I personally went for Truth straight from the start, no regrets whatsoever. Made peace with the radical implications of Oneness. Then again, I read recently on this forum reports from people for who realizing God and Oneness has been horrifying, so perspective varies a lot. My advice for you would be to make sure that you're so thirsty for Truth, you feel you can't live without. So no regrets after, because it's literally pulling the curtain, seeing what's behind the scenes and break all illusions of separation. Realizing your POV is all that exists and is the whole universe is a rude awakening for some. But it's 100% true. Would you be okay with consciousness being unitary ? It comes with a sens of responsability for everything, and it asks to be tough (aka very accepting) from the perspective of the conceptual self. Ultimately it's perfection itself.

Thank you again for that paragraph. I also read the posts of people saying that Oneness terrifies them. I guess there is a correlation between the trauma you're carrying with you and the degree to which you'll be able to handle absolute truth (I'm assuming here that absolute truth exists although I don't know that yet). I'm a very lucky person in that sense, because I haven't been traumatized a lot in my life and haven't seen any of the dark stuff out there. I think that going straight to truth might be my way to go (although my ego could just be playing games here / deluding myself, who knows). Still, very interesting and helpful paragraph to read, thanks!

Please do not take anything I say as an insult. I have 17 warning points and I'd like to stay on this forum.

You are Love.

1 year meditation, 1 hour daily https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/76489-1-year-meditation-1h-daily-start-at-100122/

@Breakingthewall Should be similar most of the analogues just convert into pure in the body I think

wait two weeks don't rush

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

14 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

@flyingwhaleehave you ever tried analogs? I have 1cp lsd. there are those who say that the effect is very different, others that it is the same.

To be precise, what I am taking is 1cp-lsd. Should have same effect LSD has because it is converted into LSD inside of the body.

Edited by Gregory1

You are Love.

Logically it should be the same since if it were not lsd, it would not work, or it would be completely different, but there are many experienced users who say that it is not the same

32 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Logically it should be the same since if it were not lsd, it would not work, or it would be completely different, but there are many experienced users who say that it is not the same

Well I know 2 people who have taken the 1cp-lsd and normal lsd. For them the effects where similar. Also studies with mice showed that the 1-cp gets converted into lsd inside their bodies, so I would assume that the same is the case with humans.

You are Love.

On 07/10/2021 at 10:12 PM, Pateedm said:

I was basing my answer off of Psychonaut wiki mainly, which says tolerance is around half after 5-7 days.

Personally I only took LSD once with a 7 day break (100µg and 100µg). The first time was life changing and one of my best experience, the second time was pretty weak and felt like I had taken almost nothing. I did not know about tolerance back then, since then I always space them out by 2 weeks minimum.

100ug 1 week later would be 130ug-150ug for equivalent dose. Based on alot of personal experience.