Max8

toxic world of self help

11 posts in this topic

I'm sick of all the shit out there 

all those gurus rambling about this  that and they contradict each other making me very confused and mentally paralyzed 

none of them really understands what you're going through  what you need what actually works for you giving your life

they all give you generic advice 

it's as if a doctor on youtube or in a book prescribes medications for you 

and imagine those medications are not tested or approved to work it's a guessing game. 

i think it's all just mental masturbation.

that's how i see it after 4 years of no results 

29 minutes ago, Max8 said:

I'm sick of all the shit out there 

all those gurus rambling about this  that and they contradict each other making me very confused and mentally paralyzed 

none of them really understands what you're going through  what you need what actually works for you giving your life

it's as if a doctor on youtube or in a book prescribes medications for you 

and imagine those medications are not tested or approved to work it's a guessing game. 

i think it's all just mental masturbation.

that's how i see it after 4 years of no results 

In fact it is

But results need efforts, they are just motivators who get you going and help you break blocks sometimes

you need to apply what you have been taught and put things in action, go out there and make your direct experiences 

listen to Leo as he breaks things down and deciphers hidden messages and truths

you just need to be proactive, more initiative, it seems like you are depending on the gurus instead of depending on yourself down deep. 

Truth you don't find. Truth finds you. Sooner or later. What you then do, no one knows. If you knew, it would already have found you."

~waveintheocean

You have to chew all the material yourself and assemble your own gameplan.

The advice is great, but you need to WORK IT.

No guru can do your pushups for you.

The advice mostly converges, not contradicts. It's timeless advice.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Max8 said:

That may be why you feel you're getting nowhere, because you're just "generally" looking for help, instead of focusing on the things you need to work on most, your biggest problems or obstacles in life. Things will start to "actually" work when you take responsibility to search for and focus on the exact information you need to use to make changes. Just "doing personal development" doesn't really change anything. It just makes everything a tiny tiny bit better.

Stop using a machine gun and get yourself a sniper rifle.

What is your single specific biggest problem right now @Max8?

hrhrhtewgfegege

@Max8 If you have a foot on the pedal and a foot on the brakes, you have to remove the latter first in order to go! How to remove the foot from the brakes? Start with this stuff:

• Changing your deep core beliefs
  • Healing/psychotherapeutic practices
  • Reprogramming your subconscious mind
  • Visualization
  • Learning how stuff works (money, health, career, dating, your personality, etc.) and adjusting your expectations
  • Improving your diet
  • Become extremely proactive and responsible for your life aka take massive action

And other ways.

If you have a foot on the brakes, ask yourself: "What is stopping me/preventing me from being who I want to be?" and answer that question in regards to your internal situation (emotions, wounds, traumas, beliefs, blockages, thoughts, lack of clarity, etc.) and external situation (environment, people, daily routine, job, career, family, friends, resources, tools, experiences, etc.).

BE FUCKING STRATEGIC, and start thinking in principles.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

10 minutes ago, Superfluo said:

@Max8 If you have a foot on the pedal and a foot on the brakes, you have to remove the latter first in order to go! How to remove the foot from the brakes? Start with this stuff:

• Changing your deep core beliefs
  • Healing/psychotherapeutic practices
  • Reprogramming your subconscious mind
  • Visualization
  • Learning how stuff works (money, health, career, dating, your personality, etc.) and adjusting your expectations
  • Improving your diet
  • Become extremely proactive and responsible for your life aka take massive action

And other ways.

If you have a foot on the brakes, ask yourself: "What is stopping me/preventing me from being who I want to be?" and answer that question in regards to your internal situation (emotions, wounds, traumas, beliefs, blockages, thoughts, lack of clarity, etc.) and external situation (environment, people, daily routine, job, career, family, friends, resources, tools, experiences, etc.).

BE FUCKING STRATEGIC, and start thinking in principles.

This was good. I found it helpful 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Max8 What changed my life as it relates to self-help is I realized that there was no problem, that the problem came from how my mind was interpreting what I was learning. I got over this by total concentration, for example when I read I let go of thoughts and go back to the book and relax my body and muscular tensions. Then you will start perceiving truly how things work and use things accordingly and you will feel extremely focus and your thoughts will be all about your goals.

The problem is now you're not actually listening to anything you're reading your listening to what your ego tells you about what you're reading. This is where the cycles of confusion or frustration are coming from.

Edited by AminB501

Use self-help to improve your emotions and get your vision, try everything and see what works best.

but then also choose a skill and master every component of it. For example, you could start graphic designing today make a prop portfolio in 1 month, and start pitching people. For example, I have a business and I understand graphic design, you don't need that many results, I could know if your work is good and hire.

Also, you need to be absorbed into what you're doing or learning, massive concentration on your work and vision, it needs to be all you think about if it's not concentrate more, close yourself in an empty room and nurture your vision and knowledge. 

Thank you all, I appreciate this feedbacks 

self halt > self help

take the load off your back so god can carry it