Daniel347

can you become addicted to psychedelics?

11 posts in this topic

i know most psychedelics dont develop physical addiction (like alcohol or heroin does for example), but they can develop (tho most of people say it cant) mental addiction i think?
i just thought logically, if we experience very good and pleasant things while using psychedelics, cant i become addicted?

Just now, Endangered-EGO said:

@Daniel347 Yes.

but still, you dont say don't use them at all? there must some way to avoid becoming addicted, right?

6 minutes ago, Daniel347 said:

there must some way to avoid becoming addicted, right?

• Have your fundamentals down
  • Be in a grounded situation in your life and in your present experience
  • Follow a safe, responsible and healthy protocol
  • Integrate your trip fully
  • Be absolutely, 100% honest with yourself - you feel it's too much? STOP; You feel you're escaping life? STOP, etc.
  • Surrender fully to the experience, aka don't buy into your mental fantasies - the substance will show you when you're abusing it, but you have to be willing to see it when it's the case and take responsibility for its implications

Yes, I did LSD once and it was a mesmerizing experience. Doing it again was very tempting, but I ended up throwing it in the trash.

@Daniel347 I don't use them, but everybody is different. It's a risk, you risk more than just addiction by taking psychedelics, you risk your life and your sanity.

A lot of people don't know what they get themselves into.

Absolutely. Especially if someone is microdosing because they get addicted to life being slightly more interesting. 

"You Create Magic" 

not physically, but everything can be psychologically addictive, it's because your ego mind can attach itself to everything it's interested like a super glue.

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

You can get addicted to anything.

You can even get addicted to suffering, fear, paranoia, and skepticism.

There is no limit to how twisted your mind can get, if you allow it to.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Daniel347

Yes but it is the same as with alcohol. The addiction isn’t technically to the substance, but to not feeling what’s suppressed, which the substance helps keep suppressed. When people have breakdowns / breakthroughs, notice it’s an expressing / expression, through and releasing, what was believed, about themself. It is the letting go of whatever that is / was, via expression. The addiction is to this experience over that experience. The this or that ‘factor’ or belief, is released. Inevitably there is the whole of experience, and not this or that unique experience. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE