SQAAD

From 0 to 10 How Much Scared Are You of Death?

50 posts in this topic

Well the scale begins with 0 and so since it we assume it began and that 1 comes after 0, it must end, with 10. And since I began with birth I end with...

Lucky for me your scale is just imaginary bullshit. No offense. But your birth is also just like that. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw

9 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Well the scale begins with 0 and so since it we assume it began and that 1 comes after 0, it must end, with 10. And since I began with birth I end with...

Lucky for me your scale is just imaginary bullshit. No offense. But your birth is also just like that. 

The scale represents some degrees of fear though. 0 would be total fearlessness. 10 would be utterly terrified. Whereas 5 would be a mild fear.

Edited by SQAAD

You can only know when you look death right into the eyes imo. In my daily life it feels like i don’t  fear  death at all, but that is in my mind. When i had a few close encounters with death i was surprised how much  fear of  death is hidden from me in my normal state of consciousness. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

@vizual

4 minutes ago, vizual said:

You can only know when you look death right into the eyes imo. In my daily life it feels like i don’t  fear  death at all, but that is in my mind. When i had a few close encounters with death i was surprised how much  fear of  death is hidden from me in my normal state of consciousness. 

Yes i can relate a lot with what you're saying. Many people say they don't fear death. But when death comes they get terrified lol. But some people don't get so terrified. I know this from experience. And one time where i was close to dying i was fearful but not terrified. I was kinda accepting of the idea even though i didn't want to go.

Einstein is a remarkable example of someone who embraced death.

On 17 April 1955, Einstein experienced internal bleeding caused by the rupture of an abdominal aortic aneurysm, which had previously been reinforced surgically by Rudolph Nissen in 1948.[183] He took the draft of a speech he was preparing for a television appearance commemorating the state of Israel's seventh anniversary with him to the hospital, but he did not live to complete it.[184]

Einstein refused surgery, saying, "I want to go when I want. It is tasteless to prolong life artificially. I have done my share; it is time to go. I will do it elegantly."[185] He died in Princeton Hospital early the next morning at the age of 76, having continued to work until near the end.[186]

Edited by SQAAD

4 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@mandyjw

The scale represents some degrees of fear though. 0 would be total fearlessness. 10 would be utterly terrified. Whereas 5 would be a mild fear.

I understand, I'm just pointing out that on a very basic level your scale works because it has a beginning and an end. And so the notion of death works the same way. Do you remember at what point you began? Do you remember your beginning? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, SQAAD said:

@vizual

Yes i can relate a lot with what you're saying. Many people say they don't fear death. But when death comes they get terrified lol. But some people don't get so terrified. I know this from experience. And one time where i was close to dying i was fearful but not terrified.

it's cute and funny when it happens though like

"i'm not afraid of death, it's just an illusion" 

you think you get a heart attack or something and then it's more like

"oh no pls don't take me this time, i'll be even more loving and live a better life i promise"

:P

It varies between 2 and 5. If i drink too much caffeine it goes to 6

I am more apathetic than most people so it's less than 10. Lately i am thinking that my time here as this self is limited. People die at young age. Who knows when you will die. Yet we are afraid to live fully. Embarrassed to be open and speak truth. In the end it doesn't ever matter Linkin Park. 

You could die before dying.. But i like the dream. Maybe the reason i am here is to enjoy the dream. Maybe my real self plays sims and i am the character. Sims is a very spiritual game if you think about it. 

For example when i played it many years ago i used to make rooms without doors or make them swim to death and found it funny. The higher self is just having fun fulfilling needs, taking a promotion or developing relationships. When you are aware that you are the sim you can have the most fun. You are then the game character and the one that controls the character at the same time. You can even create the sims game within this game. So yeah fuck fear have fun.