Brandon L

Is anyone here self employed or work a 9 to 5?

11 posts in this topic

Just curious, I'd like to see the amount of people on here that are self employed or work a 9 to 5.

Recently unemployed...

"I should've been a statistic, but decided to go against all odds instead. What if?" - David Goggins.

Nice clickbait. That's like almost everyone except for those who are unemployed.

24 minutes ago, janineander7 said:

I want to be a yoga teacher. Sadly though, that doesn't pay the bills.

Same. 

Self-employed, part-time, tutoring kids, Math and English.

Easiest self-employed gig to start BTW, I recommend it for students who have no source of income. Doing it full-time you can easily earn more than an average wage. I mean average, not minimum. Quite a lot of income, much more than a McDonalds employee or an entry level IT job.

Edited by Girzo

On 15.9.2021 at 8:31 PM, Girzo said:

Self-employed, part-time, tutoring kids, Math and English.

Easiest self-employed gig to start BTW, I recommend it for students who have no source of income. Doing it full-time you can easily earn more than an average wage. I mean average, not minimum. Quite a lot of income, much more than a McDonalds employee or an entry level IT job.

Same here. I'm tutoring kids and teaching English, German and Spanish as foreign languages. Plus writing articles for the local newspaper. At the beginning I made the mistake to work for a language school as a "freelancer". Now I'm slowly getting more students without any intermediaries and that pays a lot better.

Was self employed for about 3 years, now back into 9-5 for about 2 years. However I'm working on my next idea to get me out of the "rat race" again in my spare time... It's though compared to getting an "easy" salary from an employer.

I work for an employer full-time. Looking to transition to work from home or become self-employed

Edited by JayT79