diamondpenguin

What America is built On

12 posts in this topic

I had just the realization while visualizing my life in actuality what America is built on. It's built on Cars, Money, and Hollywood. That is like the fabric of America. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@diamondpenguin True..it's also built on some nasty stuff too. Slavery, exploitation, corruption, pillaging, colonization, etc.

The thing is, we're always building...the foundation is never stagnant, it changes as the country becomes more conscious.

Pretty much that. America is (or was, this is changing) a high-wage high-consumption society that valorized an "American Lifecycle" of a large suburban home, car and obedience to capital as long as capital enabled this lifecyle. 

Not just that, America is literally built on delusion. So called "pride" for what? Destroying the Indians' homeland and pushing agendas of greedy businesses and maximum productivity? It's a dark and twisted history no American should be very proud of, and should never forget.

Despite this, America has created so many beautiful and innovative things. Those treasures should never be forgotten either.

US is built on marketing, movies, ad's and a made up international history. 

Singer

14™

For real guys, it really is quite the trip to think about what America really is and if it's worth living in. To be completely honest I want to move to Europe, just because the culture and infrastructure is so much more stage green. America as a country though is truly one of a kind, if you look at the other countries, none of them are like America, not even close. 

6 hours ago, DieFree said:

Pretty much that. America is (or was, this is changing) a high-wage high-consumption society that valorized an "American Lifecycle" of a large suburban home, car and obedience to capital as long as capital enabled this lifecyle. 

Yeah, the American Lifecycle is like the epidemy of stage orange.

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

6 hours ago, EternalForest said:

Destroying the Indians' homeland and pushing agendas of greedy businesses and maximum productivity? It's a dark and twisted history no American should be very proud of, and should never forget.

The Indians were immigrants too. 

14 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

I had just the realization while visualizing my life in actuality what America is built on. It's built on Cars, Money, and Hollywood. That is like the fabric of America. 

Before I clicked this thread I was thinking along the same lines + guns. The gun stereotype comes from a Brit's perspective though. 

I think that American often gets scapegoated in threads like these. American is not the only country guilty of these things. Every major country is built on money, celebrity worship, power, comsumption, etc. 

@NorthRise I'm not scapegoating, I'm anti-nationalism but also pro-American culture

Edited by EternalForest

Sadly America is build on genocide. Besides that is is build on wars. Perhaps that is why the technology, and culture is soo advanced.