unborn_chicken

Leo, what are your views on abortion?

61 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Opo said:

Isn't it obvious? 

For me it's a very nuanced topic, so no.

Of course moral wrong is arbitrary. But even so, I would try to avoid late term abortions as much as possible.

But in general, forcing people to have babies they are not emotionally ready to parent is a bad idea. A LOT of suffering will come from that.

Banning abortion entirely makes no sense. That is a religious dogma. But I would be open to a late term ban if it would appease and pacific the right-wingers. But of course it won't.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Legalize it. 

It just seems to make things easier.  Especially with people who aren't ready for it.  Giving people who aren't ready, fit, or capable to raise healthy and happy children the option to abort can save lots of suffering and issues (which obviously spreads out into the wider culture as well).  What's the loss?

Also, if you legalize it, then that means both parties can win; those who disagree with it don't have to abort, and those who want it can do it.

Win-win if you ask me.  But obviously some don't see it that way.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

53 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

final month abortion on demand no questions asked.

What is final month abortion and what's your issue with it?

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course moral wrong is arbitrary. But even so, I would try to avoid late term abortions as much as possible.

But in general, forcing people to have babies they are not emotionally ready to parent is a bad idea. A LOT of suffering will come from that.

Banning abortion entirely makes no sense. That is a religious dogma. But I would be open to a late term ban if it would appease and pacific the right-wingers. But of course it won't.

I guess the dilemma with abortion is the political aspect of it. Because, at what point do you go from being a "fetus" to a "human being" who possesses the 'right' of not being murdered?

How do you work that out into a policy?

@unborn_chicken I would not side with either side, "pro-choice" / "pro-life", but I would suggest that we get more choice on what our taxes are spent on. This may assist in dissolving many of these conflicts.

Edited by Johnny Galt

45 minutes ago, unborn_chicken said:

I guess the dilemma with abortion is the political aspect of it. Because, at what point do you go from being a "fetus" to a "human being" who possesses the 'right' of not being murdered?

How do you work that out into a policy?

It's purely arbitrary. Pick a month and stick to it.

Exceptions are also needed for rape, incest, and health conditions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Abortion is a sin imo, however there can be exceptions. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

It's interesting in the US that the abortion debate is such a big political divide. In England, pro-life people aren't really a thing, if they do exist it's very marginal and they never talk about it. 

5 hours ago, Preety_India said:

Abortion is a sin imo, however there can be exceptions. 

What's your definition of a "sin"?

@Stovo Its because in US democrats hate republicans and republicans hate democrats. The more democrats wants abortion, the less republicans want it and vice versa.

In eurooe most people just hate politicians in general except maybe the 5% extremes.

Basically nobody gives a shit. Either people like the new laws or they don't. Politics isn't a show in Europe. Most people can't even name a single Eu-parlament member.

I can name 2. Ursula von der Leyen and Jean Claude Junker (who isn't one anymore.)

10 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

What's your definition of a "sin"?

Something that hurts the spirit of motherhood. 

@Endangered-EGO to me it means a lot. 

I think killing an unborn child is a dagger to motherhood. 

It only makes sense if it rape, incest, unhealthy dangerous pregnancy etc. 

31 minutes ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Preety_India Can you elaborate? That doesn't mean a lot to most people.

Sorry but I can't take abortion in a positive way. To me it doesn't sit right with my principles. 

If I become a mother at any point, I won't kill my child. 

It feels wrong in my heart. 

Now if I was a rape victim, it would make sense to abort the child, since my mind and heart has already disowned the child of rape. My maternal instinct won't be able to support the child born of rape, so it's in the best interests if the unborn child were killed, it wouldn't make it worthwhile to raise if I couldn't love it as a mother. 

Also I think the decision to abort or not to abort should mostly belong to the mother. 

However social role is equally important. We can't allow a mother to take whatever decision she wants. 

So abortion is a very complicated thing.

Both individual and society has to decide. 

Edited by Preety_India