SaWaSaurus

The materialist argument on consciousness seems convincing

80 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

From the highest POV, NOW is all that exists. Which means you are imagining that you have ever slept.

The past is imaginary. Past is imagined in the NOW.

God doesn't sleep. God imagines that it has slept in the past.

It's a mindfuck. You have to stop assuming the the past exists.

Gosh, this really is a complete mindfuck.

Nuances are really breaking my mind sometimes.

"God doesn´t sleep" lmao

This really made me laugh for some reason.

But i think i get it.

If God would just turn "off" the freaking universe would collapse. 

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

From the highest POV, NOW is all that exists. Which means you are imagining that you have ever slept.

@Leo Gura Do not all points of view exist?

if it's being experienced, highest POV to lowest POV, is it then therefore within the realm of existence? And so wouldn't it be useful to come to understand, all the levels of existence?

Can we understand the hightest POV if we don't have a comprehension of the continuum there? 

Edited by Johnny Galt

8 minutes ago, Marcel said:

Gosh, this really is a complete mindfuck.

Nuances are really breaking my mind sometimes.

"God doesn´t sleep" lmao

This really made me laugh for some reason.

But i think i get it.

If God would just turn "off" the freaking universe would collapse.

Just notice the following fact:

Every time you think "I slept" you are actually awake. The trick here is that in fact you have never slept, you've been awake for Eternity, but you tell yourself that you have slept. But every time you tell yourself you've slept, you're wide awake.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Galt said:

@Leo Gura Do not all points of view exist?

if it's being experienced, highest POV to lowest POV, is it then therefore within the realm of existence? And so wouldn't it be useful to come to understand, all the levels of existence?

Can we understand the hightest POV if we don't have a comprehension of the continuum there? 

Well, the low POVs are your human material experience. So you have plenty of experience with how that works. My role here is to point you towards the highest POV.

It's really mindfucky because once you reach the top you even realize that the continuum is imaginary.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Just notice the following fact:

Every time you think "I slept" you are actually awake. The trick here is that in fact you have never slept, you've been awake for Eternity, but you tell yourself that you have slept. But every time you tell yourself you've slept, you're wide awake.

ahhh ok. 

I guess that makes sense.

I need to contemplate this for a while.

Thanks for breaking my mind once again Leo.

I love you infinitely. I will find you forever in every life time because you and me are one. You and me eternally breathing life and bluming 

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's really mindfucky because once you reach the top you even realize that the continuum is imaginary.

By saying that it's imaginary, are you saying, it's not "real"?

If that is case, how can that be, considering that it's within the realm of experience and existence? 

Edited by Johnny Galt

2 minutes ago, Johnny Galt said:

By saying that it's imaginary, ar you saying, it's not "real"?

If that is case, how can that be, considering that it's within the realm of experience and existence? 

Everything you define as "real" is imaginary.

Imaginary means you can unimagine it. In other words, you can unimagine the moon, and it will disappear. Everything can be unimagined expect your capacity to imagine.

@Leo Gura Consider the hermetic principles and the first law - all is mind. Can you work with that principle, and yet then disregard all the other principles? Like the moon, can you un-imagine the laws of polarity and therefore make it disappear? 

Edited by Johnny Galt

All is Mind. That's what I say. Mind is Infinite Imagination.

There are no forms outside the Mind.

It's very simple. Stop making it complicated. Stop dreaming up forms which are supposed to exist outside of imagination.

15 minutes ago, Johnny Galt said:

@Leo Gura who said anything about forms outside the mind? 

That is your worldview.

You keep imagining shit and then acting like it exists independent of your imagination.

That's the whole game you are playing. There is no other game in town.

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Stop listening to Kant. He had no idea what he was talking about.

@Leo Gura In The Book Of Not Knowing, Peter Ralston gives praises to Kant, it doesn't make sense to me how someone like Ralston can't see the obvious limits of Kant's thought. The philosophy of Kant is utterly dualistic, with his division between the phenomena and the noumenon, which is  the division between matter and spirit (consciousness). 

Ralston understands Kant's limits. To praise a man is not to praise all of his ideas.

Although I would not praise Kant so much. In my opinion Kant is overrated, as all the Western philosophers tend to be.

@Leo Gura

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You keep imagining shit and then acting like it exists independent of your imagination.

When Have I "acted" like it, the shit I imagined, exists independent of my imagination?

All is mind and so how can anything be outside that? 

@Johnny Galt I'm speaking broadly about people. Not necessarily you in this thread.

It makes sense only if you have unfalsifiable beliefs — namely that there exists something outside of consciousness.

If you’re self honest and uproot self deception, materialism is utterly and literally insane — much like believing that if you believe that someone named Jesus 2000 years ago arose from the dead (how random...), you’ll go to Heaven... so basically just believing as you’re told.

Oh but according to materialism owns metaphysics you should not be concious and that the brain makes you think you are concious,  oh lol ?????

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@SaWaSaurus

Without argument, for the meditative mind if you will, this is most simple. Is I a thought, like any other thought - or a significant thought, an identity? Does I point to something outward, or some’thing’ ineffable, inward?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@SaWaSaurus How is it possible that consciousness/life/sentience/qualia emerges from dead matter? It would be like making wine from only water.

Consciousness_Magic (1).jpg

Edited by Blackhawk

21 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

@SaWaSaurus How is it possible that consciousness/life/sentience/qualia emerges from dead matter? It would be like making wine from only water.

Consciousness_Magic (1).jpg

Oh but conciousness is an illusion only ?? 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius