Someone here

How do I know if I am wise?

37 posts in this topic

I'd say the degree of suffering one experiences in life is probably a good metric for my definition of wise.  

You can also contemplate if you're more wise is some areas over others.  Like you might be wise when giving your friends advice on a certain topic, perhaps their relationships.  But then you're unwise when it comes to your eating habits.  

I dunno.  (you must add "I dunno" at the end of all your sentences to be wise as well... that's official)

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

It's An even more important question Is how do I know if I am enlightened? :D

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I bet if I made a thread asking "how do I know if I am enlightened", Leo will lock it and will tell me something along the lines "dude, stop mentally masturbating" ?

-Osho

If the activity of thought & attachment therein is such that there is “wisdom”, such that you have it or don’t, or others have it or don’t,  you ain’t wise. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

In general, you tend to be the wisest version of you that exists.  We keep on getting more and more wise because we keep on getting more and more experiences.

Same as being "nice".

The definition of wise is based on how one compares to others and kinda always will.  All definitions are based on the relation to other definitions.

Sure others could get faster/slower at getting wise which could make you increase or decrease in wisdom compared to them based on skill and your rate of change compared to theirs.

Every moment is an opportunity to learn.  We all notice things differently and notice different things.

A test may test for ABC and say that if you don't have ABC you are not wise - but yet it is not testing for DEFG which could also represent it too.

I guess it also just depends on society's definition of wise of what bullet points it is requiring and ask yourself, does it matter if one meets those bullet points or not.

Everything is learning/changing.  Could say bugs and rocks aren't super wise relative to humans.  Is that okay?  Okay for a human but not for the rock/bug?

If AI is more wise than us and we are to AI like AI is to a rock, is that okay?  Okay for the AI and not for the human?

If everything is programming, then you need more complex programming to handle more programming - which involves getting more info/skills/experiences. 

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

I bet if I made a thread asking "how do I know if I am enlightened", Leo will lock it and will tell me something along the lines "dude, stop mentally masturbating" ?

and rightfully so... 

The wisest animal is considered to be an owl, and it goes around asking "Who?" all the time. If that's not an Easter egg glitch in the matrix, I don't know what is. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

The wisest animal is considered to be an owl, and it goes around asking "Who?" all the time. If that's not an Easter egg glitch in the matrix, I don't know what is. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=ecf05e47ob

Infinite consciousness owl?

1 minute ago, Tim R said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=ecf05e47ob

Infinite consciousness owl?

THANK YOU! I couldn't get gifs to work for me today. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

If the activity of thought & attachment therein is such that there is “wisdom”, such that you have it or don’t, or others have it or don’t,  you ain’t wise. 

Come on man.. Don't get too absorbed in the no-self worldview too much.?

We can still talk relatively and assume that there are separate selves with separate "wisdoms". And some people are definitely more /less wise than others. I assume as one grows older and gains more experience and exposure to life, he gains more wisdom. So in that regard you are right. I'm not wise. 

-Osho

3 hours ago, Goldzilla said:

Just by asking it is the contrary. 

Just by asking whether I'm wise means I'm not wise? 

-Osho

2 hours ago, Tim R said:

and rightfully so... 

How do you know whether you're enlightened tho? ?

-Osho

If you have a well made umbrella for rainy days, then i would consider you as wise