Endangered-EGO

Don't take psychedelics. BAD IDEA. Here's why.

72 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@lmfao Then don't uncover it with force (psychedelics).

I am aware of that. But you cannot always know that you have already existing predispositions for psychosis. 
If you have a sober awakening, or a "change in perception" or DP/DR, or no sense of self. Guess what: That's a big big predisposition for psychosis.

Spiritual enlightenment is a predisposition for psychosis. Something wrong with your brain is a predisposition.

Being open minded enough to believe in spiritual enlightenment, may count as magical beliefs. You either need to suffer a lot, or be at least a little crazy to get into spiritual enlightenment. I would love to know how many people here are on the schizophrenia spectrum.

The point is: There's no way to know if you have a predisposition, it's most of the time only recognised in retrospect.

@Endangered-EGO

Yes i feel you need to be somehow at the Spectrum to do deep spiritual work. 

Its tricky 

@taotemu i read again your answer and I think that the 5meo trip revealed what I told you in the first message. maya = life, absolute = death. This is not a real revelation (in my opinion), it is a reaction when faced with the void. just say it in case it can be useful to you. for something you did 5meo right? you have an interest in transcendence. Another thing is taking care of your grandmother, helping children or whatever. you can do it or not. what we was talking about is facing the void. It does not have to do with spiritual narcissism, but rather with wanting to get deep into reality. Only keep it in mind

Edited by Breakingthewall

You have a better chance of getting in a car accident that will cause long term injury. Knowing this, should we not use our cars and just ride bicycles everywhere? Or hell, you’re even more likely to get a long term injury riding a bike, so maybe we should just walk everywhere.  

The vast VAST majority of people who take psychedelics do not develop schizophrenia or any other mental health issues.  In fact, if anything, they have found that psychedelic users are actually less likely to have any mental disorders.  Not to downplay the dangers of psychedelics, but we need to access risk factors in a more sober way than just saying “You have some measurable risk of something bad happening, so don’t do it!”… okay, by that logic, we just shouldn’t take any risks doing anything. You have a risk of getting shot when you walk out your front door. Guess you should never leave your house.

Edited by The Lucid Dreamer

21 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Ilan I know, that's why I wrote it.

The reason I don't teach people is because I think: "Am I so sure this is right, that I would tell my mother to do this stuff?"

Would you guys recommend your mother/daughter to take 5-MeO-DMT knowing what can happen?

Not a fucking CHANCE lmaoooo.

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

@taotemu i read again your answer and I think that the 5meo trip revealed what I told you in the first message. maya = life, absolute = death. This is not a real revelation (in my opinion), it is a reaction when faced with the void. just say it in case it can be useful to you. for something you did 5meo right? you have an interest in transcendence. Another thing is taking care of your grandmother, helping children or whatever. you can do it or not. what we was talking about is facing the void. It does not have to do with spiritual narcissism, but rather with wanting to get deep into reality. Only keep it in mind

This isn't my first rodeo.  I'm not new to transcendence, psychedelics or working with "the void".  My 5MeO experience was not about "the void" for me.  It was about being so severely out of it I basically blacked out.  I was chasing something.  What thought I was chasing was ego death and oneness with the Absolute.  What I got was a drug induced spanking and my only realization was that I was chasing an escape from being human, but the whole point of being human is to be human. 

If doing all this spiritual work does not manifest in your life, in maya, in the human realm of duality, time, space and ego, then what is the point?  If all you want is to have a perpetual bliss of divine love etc, just kill yourself, take psychedelics everyday or go meditate in a cave someplace for the rest of your life.  But then suicide and chronic drug use and decades of isolation are all just attempts to escape being human.  Why not just embrace it?  Be fully present and mindful / conscious of each moment AS a human?  Why focus so much on transcendence?  What are you trying to transcend, and why?

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not suggesting that occasional experiences of transcendence, divine love, unity with all time and space etc. isn't worth pursuing.  My realization is that these experiences are not what this life is about.  For occasional use only.  We need to stay grounded and integrate these experiences with the here and now of human experience.  Otherwise it is spiritual narcissism and can lead to losing touch with this reality, psychosis and even suicide.  Be here now people!  

3 minutes ago, taotemu said:

Why focus so much on transcendence?  What are you trying to transcend, and why?

@taotemu for the need to go deeper, not to get any improvement in my life, but for the very fact of going deeper. what are we? once the concept barrier falls, amazement remains. the more veils disappear, the more amazing is the fact of existing. it is like a domino that falls and can no longer be stopped, an automatic process. anything else seems banal. we are here, whatever it is, for this. all events have been placed so that the domino tile falls

17 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@taotemu for the need to go deeper, not to get any improvement in my life, but for the very fact of going deeper. what are we? once the concept barrier falls, amazement remains. the more veils disappear, the more amazing is the fact of existing. it is like a domino that falls and can no longer be stopped, an automatic process. anything else seems banal. we are here, whatever it is, for this. all events have been placed so that the domino tile falls

So the motivation is the experience / feeling of amazement?  Nothing wrong with that, but for me that isn't what it is about.  It is about being fully conscious and mindful of THIS moment.  And at this moment I am amazed I am experiencing colors, textures and an egoitc mind directing fingers to type on a computer.  I am conscious of a desire to appear smart and a desire to learn more.  To me THAT is the "goal" of spiritual exploration.  Mindfulness.  No need to transcend anything.  No need to go deeper into what we are.  Just be here, fully and completely in THIS moment.  Maybe it is the same thing you are talking about and the clumsiness of language is in the way.

Edited by taotemu

At the end of the day, nobody is forcing you, or anybody to take psychedelics.

But remember, psychedelics are becoming more and more mainstream as time moves on. In the future, the decision to take them or not will become less foggy as more research and personal experiences is done with them. 

Also consider: We don’t think twice about owning a smartphone. Even in developing countries people own smartphones. 20 years ago, the idea of massive amounts of people owning smartphones wasn’t even possible, maybe only to a few.

What do you think people’s perspective on psychedelics will be 20 years from now?

Edited by JayySur
Added video clip

The fight between psychology and spirituality is huge.

Awake or crazy?

Edited by OneIntoOne

@taotemu My initial motivation was what you say, to live this life fully, to leave behind an annoying ego, a completely practical motivation, and in part I still have it, but I have found something else, I think we see the tip of the iceberg. what are we? I begin to intuit it, and whether or not to enjoy this life seems more irrelevant to me, I see that the important thing is to go deeper into that, to undo the deception. It is completely real, the rest are nothing, irrelevant. my impression is that everything points in that direction, it always has but I have not wanted to see it. it is like a marked path. If you go for it, everything is easy, if you leave, each meter costs a lot of effort. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

17 hours ago, taotemu said:

This isn't my first rodeo.  I'm not new to transcendence, psychedelics or working with "the void".  My 5MeO experience was not about "the void" for me.  It was about being so severely out of it I basically blacked out.  I was chasing something.  What thought I was chasing was ego death and oneness with the Absolute.  What I got was a drug induced spanking and my only realization was that I was chasing an escape from being human, but the whole point of being human is to be human. 

If doing all this spiritual work does not manifest in your life, in maya, in the human realm of duality, time, space and ego, then what is the point?  If all you want is to have a perpetual bliss of divine love etc, just kill yourself, take psychedelics everyday or go meditate in a cave someplace for the rest of your life.  But then suicide and chronic drug use and decades of isolation are all just attempts to escape being human.  Why not just embrace it?  Be fully present and mindful / conscious of each moment AS a human?  Why focus so much on transcendence?  What are you trying to transcend, and why?

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not suggesting that occasional experiences of transcendence, divine love, unity with all time and space etc. isn't worth pursuing.  My realization is that these experiences are not what this life is about.  For occasional use only.  We need to stay grounded and integrate these experiences with the here and now of human experience.  Otherwise it is spiritual narcissism and can lead to losing touch with this reality, psychosis and even suicide.  Be here now people!  

Amen. Needed this. Thanks

Love Is The Answer: LSD Awakening