Gabith

"Micro-dosing" of MDMA

38 posts in this topic

MDMA is fine as long as you are actually getting real MDMA. Most ecstasy capsules have meth and other garbage in them. MDMA + the more powerful MDA it metabolizes into within the body are neurotoxic in high amounts because they cause serotonin syndrome, but doing a micodose every three months is definitely not the same thing as doing a high dose every day. But again 2C-B is probably a better substance overall because it is more psychedelic and doesn't have as many issues.

13 minutes ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

So to start off I would not recommend MDMA because it can lead to trouble but that does not mean it’s not a powerful substance. Actually according to Wikipedia it is psychedelic. There is also interesting science on it that can treat depression and anxiety. Of course because it’s not legal and it’s on different schedule as oppose to ayahuasca which you can get via religious exemption, you can only get it on the street and most likely it will be either fake or mix with other substances. I heard stories that some even mix with rat poison and etc. But with pure MDMA you can reach a state of nirvana where a person will realize that a highest level of pleasure can be achieved and that’s actually heals a lot of depression. On the other side, it activates endomorphines and hence has a coming down effect, people may feel extremely depressed the following days. Though, from pure mdma believe it or not you will not have a coming down, indeed you will be feeling pretty good. I would say for a week. However your body quickly builds tolerance to to it and every time you would need bigger dose.

@Gabith if you are looking to do it often, then for sure mdma is not right for you. But I personally think the entire approach to do anything often is a bad idea in general. Remember all those substances are just a tool to get you to the higher level, level of nirvana or Samadhi or whatever you name it. In my experience, at first I thought that those levels of highest pleasure were not even realistic and were fairy tales, but once reached, you become a believer. All those substances activate some neurotransmitters or in spiritual sense opening up your third eye. A food for thought, what if there are other ways to do same except taking those substances? Hah?

Thank u.
I've heard stories too when I was younger with ecstasy pills mixed with rat poison but I don't know if they're legit.
I never buy it from the street, it would be a bad idea.

Oh yes I know there is other ways to feel immense pleasure haha I had some experiences of "infinite" love and pleasure as well
Sometimes just breathing is orgasmic, feeling alive is greaaat

2 hours ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

Actually according to Wikipedia it is psychedelic.

It's an empathogen. While it can create "psychedelic" effects, it's not a true "psychedelic". There's still a lot we don't know about MDMA. 

"You Create Magic" 

47 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

It's an empathogen. While it can create "psychedelic" effects, it's not a true "psychedelic". There's still a lot we don't know about MDMA. 

"Psychedelic" is more a cultural artefact than an accurate pharmacological class.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

"Psychedelic" is more a cultural artefact than an accurate pharmacological class.

*entheogen 

"You Create Magic" 

5 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

*entheogen 

Actually, it seems like wikipedia indeed uses a pharmacological definition of "psychedelic" ("5HT2A agonists"). My bad ?. 

Psychedelics are a class of hallucinogenic drugs whose primary effect is to trigger non-ordinary states of consciousness (known as psychedelic experiences or "trips") via serotonin 2A receptor agonism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychedelic_drug

So according to that definition, MDMA is considered a weak psychedelic (judging by the ratio of its main mechanism of action – 5HT release – to 5HT2A agonism)... but then this also means that 5-MeO-DMT is only a weak psychedelic, as its main mechanism of action is actually 5HT1A, not 2A (1 to 100 difference). Curiously though, the main metabolite of MDMA – MDA – has twice the amount of 5HT2A agonism of MDMA (and is more commonly referred to as a psychedelic), and because psilocybin is also classified as a psychedelic while only serving as the prodrug to its metabolite psilocin, then that would strengthen MDMA's position as a psychedelic as well.

On the other hand, I think the word "entheogen" has more to do with the context the substance is used in rather than the qualitative effects of the substance itself. For example, "rapé" (shamanic snuff) is just tobacco. Likewise, cannabis is used as an entheogen in many cultures. It's more of a cultural thing than a pharmacological thing. However, the reason I called the word "psychedelic" a cultural artefact is because the word stems from the so-called "classical psychedelics" (LSD, mescaline, DMT, psilocybin) that became popular in the 60s.

It just simply happens that all of those are mainly 5HT2A agonists, and therefore that word probably translated more easily into the pharmacological definition later on. MDMA on the other hand only became popular much later through 80s rave culture, which is probably why it didn't become as readily associated with the word "psychedelic". Another example of the culture/historicity issue is the term "hallucinogen", which was coined in the 50s to describe the newly discovered classical psychedelics. Today, it spans a much wider range of substances, which includes psychedelics, dissociatives and deliriants.

Edited by Carl-Richard

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That is NOT micro-dosing.

Micro-dosing MDMA is a bad idea because MDMA is not good for you and it will permanently desensitize your brain. Pretty soon it will stop working entirely on you.

Stick to LSD or shrooms.

What exactly does it desensitize your brain to? Ive taken MDMA multiple times, 2 years ago I did some Consciousness work trying out the Hippy flip, Candy flip, and Soul Bombing and documented my experience. I usually spaced it out 3-6 months in between. ( I know you said not to mix stuff so it was a one time experiment.) How ever, this year and last year I been making it a New years eve only thing, as im aware of the damage but not the permanence of it, I thought neurochemical levels recover and renormalized, so some concern arose after I read your comment? Should I discontinue use of it even as a New Years eve only trip? 

Edited by Kamo

Focus on the solution, not the problem

@Kamo desensitize means you will have a hard time feeling. But thats only if you use it heavily. Some damage will occur with light usage but it won't be very significant. 

"You Create Magic" 

5 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

@Kamo desensitize means you will have a hard time feeling. But thats only if you use it heavily. Some damage will occur with light usage but it won't be very significant. 

Feeling what? Emotions? 

11 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Don't do MDMA though. It's harmful and is not a psychedelic :) 

That sounds a bit black and white/rigid/dogmatic.

Just experiment and see what works.  That's the only way you'll truly know. 

Obviously do research and get testimonies, and realize that, ya, doing MDMA on the regular like everyday might not be the healthiest.  But also, I have no idea, or even if there's research or reports of people doing it. 

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

1 hour ago, Kamo said:

Feeling what? Emotions? 

Yes. 

34 minutes ago, Matt23 said:

But also, I have no idea, or even if there's research or reports of people doing it. 

There is research that says regular use severely depletes your serotonin, forever. 

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/mdma-ecstasy-abuse/what-are-mdmas-effects-on-brain

"You Create Magic" 

4 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Yes. 

There is research that says regular use severely depletes your serotonin, forever. 

I've heard similar things and don't doubt there's truth there.  I hesitate to go all in on that though due to my experience with that guy.  

Obviously we could be speaking about different amounts here.  And even individuals can differ.  

But i suppose my issue is with how black and white you laid the claim of "Dont do mdma though. Its harmful...".  To me that seems way to reactionary or final, universal, without nuance.  If you get my meaning.  People are even using it as therapy with much success.  So the idea that they are simply harmful i dislike and find it could be threatening to those, myself included, who see it as a possible cure or aid with mental health.   

Also, maybe I feel frustrated with your statement since I feel it didn't allow for much variation and possibilities other than what you said.  I guess I'm of the opinion that many things can be used in different ways with different outcomes, and to say something is "this way" or "that way", flat out, I think isn't true.  

I'm also not saying that that was what you meant.  Just my feeling-interpretation of how and what you said. 

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

21 minutes ago, Matt23 said:

People are even using it as therapy with much success.  So the idea that they are simply harmful i dislike and find it could be threatening to those, myself included, who see it as a possible cure or aid with mental health.   

Remember that therapy is for people who are lacking something and are therefore more inclined to accept an eventual trade-off that you as a healthy person might want to avoid. Just because medicine is supposed to make people better doesn't mean you should take it ;)

@Flowerfaeiry Very well, thank you for your input!  I'll definitely be ceasing use of it indefinitely then. It will be missed lol. I'm going to research into restorative solutions if any are out there. 

14 hours ago, Matt23 said:

But i suppose my issue is with how black and white you laid the claim of "Dont do mdma though. Its harmful...".  To me that seems way to reactionary or final, universal, without nuance.   

Thats how comments online work sometimes. 

"You Create Magic" 

Yesterday I've took 30mg of MDMA and I felt literally nothing...