Daniel347

do dreams have any meaning?

8 posts in this topic

Do they have any meaning or are they somehow connected with Consciousness? imo dreams are just a very random replication of what we had experienced in past day or week. Anyway, whats your thoughts on that?

8 hours ago, Daniel347 said:

Do they have any meaning or are they somehow connected with Consciousness?

There is only consciousness. Dreams can't be connected to consciousness, because consciousness is all there is.

Consciousness connects to consciousness...to infinity.

@Daniel347 I have found my dreams to be very insightful. I keep a journal by my bed and often write them down. They can offer insight into limiting beliefs you may have about yourself or the world you are not conscious of. Dreams can communicate health issues in your body you are not aware of. I find them valuable in many ways. Look into the work of Carl Jung. You might find it interesting. 

Edited by Matthew85

Dreams have as much meaning as waking reality. The difference is they tend to be more metaphorical right brained than analytical left brained.

All stories and explanations are false.

I'll summarize it this way - 

• Yes they are metaphorical like the user above said
  • Dreams are connected with consciousness 
  • Dreams can fortell
  • Dreams are a gateway to the subconscious mind which is your inner registry (the magic created by God) 
  • Carl Jung has done massive amount of research in this area. Even Freud. 
  • Dreams can be psychic in nature
  • Dreams can be a form of Premonition. 
  • Dreams can be simply a reflection of your daily thoughts, anxieties, hopes and fears. 
  • Dreams can be an indicator of bad health if you are having too many nightmares
  • Dreams could be an indicator of bad sleep patterns, breathing issues, too much stress, sensory overload. 
  • Certain dreams can have specific meanings for example they might indicate that you're in a bad situation, you'll need to look into reliable sources where most people have assigned similar meanings to specific dreams. For example if your dreamed about running away from a chasing animal, it could mean you're scared of something in real life or suffering trauma. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

per osho, what you dream is what you repress

e.g. if you fast a couple of days all you dream is a yummy all you can eat :) 

Hmm, They have some kind of meaning for sure. I generally note them and let them go. I don't like, plan my life around them generally. 

I think each dream kind of has it's own causes, meaning, take aways etc. I don't think there is one reason for a dream. 

Some are lucid, some are shocking, some a beautiful despite having a stressful waking life... 

some are visions of the future..  for me, so I don't know!

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"