SQAAD

Do you Trust God?

18 posts in this topic

Personally i trust God because of its infinite intelligence and how seamlessly everything works.

If Reality was just a random mechanical accident i would not have any trust in life to be honest. What i mean by 'trusting' God is this intuitive knowing that things will always be 'good' in the big picture even if suffer or experience lots of pain.

I have been throught a lot but i always see the Wisdom behind everything. How all fits together. This soothes me sometimes when i get scared. I find that people who have faith in the way Reality works have better peace of mind.

Some other people don't share the same opinion as me.

Any thoughts?

Edited by SQAAD

Looks like that reality is in a way a test. I see the obstacles placed at the exact point, the sensitive and intelligent being stuck in the labyrinth of rats, to which tests are proposed. I see a reality that creates itself and is subject to its own rules, which it cannot break. it is not omnipotent, it has to adapt itself. I also see enormous ambition, a desire for greater complexity. More than faith in God, it is service to God. so to ourselves. we have something to do, no matter how small, a step to climb in our ambition to be

I do not. God, though I am sure it is love at it's core is not to be 'trusted' imo...

You can only develop a level of relationship to God, or this reality we are in as humans on this physical place of mundane systemic survival.. 

Sure, there are layers to this thing. I think God is love at it's core. 

I just think all this suffering and my own stupidity makes me question in some ways why God would allow me to do those things... I also think about climate change, social inequality, rape, war, 400 years of slavery etc... God just allows that shit. I mean, Trust is God but do not trust in Men. 

I can't quite reconcile that yet as God and Men are one. It seems God as man is only good as man is in it's relationship to God.

I trust God in that I trust myself... But, I do not trust myself because of the nature of self deception and having to operate via impartial information, my ADHD and my past 5 years of foolish self discovery. 

I think god is Good with a captial G. But, that does not guarantee my ego will have its fantasies and needs met. God is a trust worthy as I am. As integrated and evolved as I am. That is all.

I trust in God that there are certain principles that if we live by them and embody them wisely, and the fact that anything exists at and and what we experience here as humans is so beautiful suggests that God is good.

I think God IS Trust with a captial T. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

What if reality was just a big, random occurrence? Why would that make it any less beautiful?

I'm not saying that's the reality, but just... what if? I don't conceive of God as God, per se, but rather as "stillness." A knowing, compassionate stillness. From that angle, I don't really conceive of God as having a mind. As individuals, we collectively form the mind of this God/stillness/whatever. There may indeed be a form of absolute perspective that holds all others, but I am not existing as it in this very moment, so I keep speculation to a minimum :)

You will suffer.

And you will like it.

@OneHandClap

19 hours ago, OneHandClap said:

What if reality was just a big, random occurrence? Why would that make it any less beautiful?

I'm not saying that's the reality, but just... what if? I don't conceive of God as God, per se, but rather as "stillness." A knowing, compassionate stillness. From that angle, I don't really conceive of God as having a mind. As individuals, we collectively form the mind of this God/stillness/whatever. There may indeed be a form of absolute perspective that holds all others, but I am not existing as it in this very moment, so I keep speculation to a minimum :)

If Reality was just some random occurance it would still be Beautiful... but i would not have any trust in it per say. I would be absolutely terrified of what will happen to me when i die.

@Thought Art

20 hours ago, Thought Art said:

I just think all this suffering and my own stupidity makes me question in some ways why God would allow me to do those things... I also think about climate change, social inequality, rape, war, 400 years of slavery etc... God just allows that shit. I mean, Trust is God but do not trust in Men. 

Yes it is true that God allows all sort of nasty things to happen But still there is a progression, an evolution to how things are unfolding. Slavery is abolished, most of us don't have ruthless monarchs over our heads, we don't slaughter each other like we used. Each generation of people is becoming more and more conscious.

It is all heading to Stage Turquiose in the future. This is not an accident i think. Of course we can say that God doesn't give a damn if people are conscious or not but we can make the arguement that we have the best possible Creation created by an infinite intelligence.

The best case scenario would be to inhabit a Creation created by an Infinite Intelligence /God. 

@SQAAD This is fine. God is wishful self-creation. Everything that exists is everything God wanted to be.

This idea is true because it exists. And it exists because it is true. If the universe were random, it would be very unlikely for such idea to appear in the first place.

Understanding/realizing God on a direct experiential level seems much more powerful to me than trusting or believing in God as an abstract idea. 

I don't fully understand God in my current state of consciousness, but I trust in the possibility of fully understanding/realizing God.

In some sense I do trust in God, after I realized fundamental perfection on a dmt trip experientially. It was so powerful that after that it's been pretty much impossible for me to believe that anything in the universe can be fundamentally flawed or broken in any way. So for me it seems that trust is something that is important if it has a ground in direct experience. Or rather, trust comes as a direct result of it and is not even a choice in the direct experience. Basing trust on further layers/abstractions outside of the ground of direct experience is more shakey and requires belief. 

But then again perhaps totally trusting God (even if it's just an abstract idea) could somehow be a path to realizing God directly? ? But my intuition is that trusting the idea of God (the map) can distract and divert from realizing and being open to the actual direct consciousness of God (the territory). 

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

@TheAlchemist

27 minutes ago, TheAlchemist said:

Understanding/realizing God on a direct experiential level seems much more powerful to me than trusting or believing in God as an abstract idea. 

I don't fully understand God in my current state of consciousness, but I trust in the possibility of fully understanding/realizing God.

In some sense I do trust in God, after I realized fundamental perfection on a dmt trip experientially. It was so powerful that after that it's been pretty much impossible for me to believe that anything in the universe can be fundamentally flawed or broken in any way. So for me it seems that trust is something that is important if it has a ground in direct experience. Or rather, trust comes as a direct result of it and is not even a choice in the direct experience. Basing trust on further layers/abstractions outside of the ground of direct experience is more shakey and requires belief. 

But then again perhaps totally trusting God (even if it's just an abstract idea) could somehow be a path to realizing God directly? ? But my intuition is that trusting the idea of God (the map) can distract and divert from realizing and being open to the actual direct consciousness of God (the territory). 

You made some good points. My trust in God comes naturally from my direct experience and several trips i've had in the past. Just oberving everyday how my digestion works, how my mind works, how Nature works etc etc i see incredible mind-boggling intelligence everywhere. This intelligence makes me trust God's unfoldment of the Universe.  

It is like an intuitive knowing that things are always essentially good (in the big picture) even if i experience lots of pain/suffering or get some cancer.

Edited by SQAAD

when we say God what do we really mean? The universe/reality or the Father?

2 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@OneHandClap

If Reality was just some random occurance it would still be Beautiful... but i would not have any trust in it per say. I would be absolutely terrified of what will happen to me when i die.

Consider that reality has provided existence for you. Existence must always exist. Therefore, there is no reason to fear death, regardless of what happens next. No matter what our idea of God is, even as ourselves, we will die in this body. And what comes after, nobody really knows. Anybody who claims they do is fabricating a belief. Even so, there is good reason to believe that love will always provide for you. Existence does not abandon its own. Whether God is intelligent or not (just as a thought experiment), reality is abundant with wonder. <3 

@sara373

32 minutes ago, sara373 said:

when we say God what do we really mean? The universe/reality or the Father?

Universe/All Of Reality.

On 7/16/2021 at 4:01 AM, SQAAD said:

Personally i trust God because of its infinite intelligence and how seamlessly everything works.

If Reality was just a random mechanical accident i would not have any trust in life to be honest. What i mean by 'trusting' God is this intuitive knowing that things will always be 'good' in the big picture even if suffer or experience lots of pain.

I have been throught a lot but i always see the Wisdom behind everything. How all fits together. This soothes me sometimes when i get scared. I find that people who have faith in the way Reality works have better peace of mind.

Some other people don't share the same opinion as me.

Any thoughts?

Amen ?

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

@Nahm

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

Does lego guy trust legos?

Hmm... good metaphor.