Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
machiavelli

why all major world religions think god look like human having hands and legs.

38 posts in this topic

Why all major religions like chritianity , hinduism , Shinto, Greek Mythology etc thinks god looks like human and must be worshipped using idols. Why they form cult and spread the delusion of some sky being with their stories in their scriptures how they are involved in all sort of questionable things.

what about aliens?

why dont they make god look like alien.

They all act like they figured out the ultimate mystery of god. 

Why they want to limit God which is infinite, formless, omniscient, omnipotent and all knowing to a supernatural being who have hands and legs. What about trillions of other extraterristial alien civilizations spread across different universes whose shape is completely unimaginable by humans. Are they not god?

Why humans have tendency to make hundreds of gods to worship using images and idols . 

For me god is everything. God is even animals and birds.

why the religion like greek , hinduism , shinto etc etc advacate the belief to worship god in human form? 

10 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

For me god is everything

Except what you’re asking about, apparently. So, accept what you’re asking about, apparently

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

30 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Except what you’re asking about, apparently. So, accept what you’re asking about, apparently

That doesnt answer my query.

43 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

Why all major religions like chritianity , hinduism , Shinto, Greek Mythology etc thinks

This is like asking “why all major appliances like refrigerators, ovens, microwaves etc thinks…. X, y, & z.” 

9 minutes ago, Nahm said:

This is like asking “why all major appliances like refrigerators, ovens, microwaves etc thinks…. X, y, & z.” 

Lets get straight and not play games . You know what I am asking.

So that you can relate to it. By using metaphors. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

9 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

Lets get straight and not play games . You know what I am asking.

If “for you God is everything”, what is “this other stuff” you are asking about, which is not you? 

That is the answer. ‘They’… are doing… what ‘you’… are doing… right now. 

51 minutes ago, Nahm said:

If “for you God is everything”, what is “this other stuff” you are asking about, which is not you? 

That is the answer. ‘They’… are doing… what ‘you’… are doing… right now. 

I am not talking about my perspective here. I am concerned behind the pyschology of people why they made god in his image?

Why they form a cult?

Why they ask to do idol worshipping? And claim these finite forms created this universe and them.

Buddhism says there is no God. It would be more correct to say why do some religions interpret God to be humanoid.

Hinduism has monkey god hanuman, kali 8 arms, a formless brahma. 

Buddhism recognizes the existance of devas which are humanoid beings but extremely beautiful making the most beautiful earthlings "look like a she-ape." So perhaps all mystics of the past saw or remembered lives as devas and thought those were godly beings because they were so much more beautiful and grand than us humans. So they had glimpses of higher realms, but without penetrating knowledge of the Truth mistook them for "God."

Edited by Ora

52 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

I am not talking about my perspective here. I am concerned behind the pyschology of people why they made god in his image?

Created in God's IMAGEination is a better translation in my opinion. Though "in" would imply relation to "other" which doesn't truly exist.

Also, we shouldn't criticize others and how their wish to perceive God. In the grand scheme of things, they are not wrong, nor are they absolutely correct.

Edited by Nos7algiK

2 minutes ago, Ora said:

Buddhism says there is no God. It would be more correct to say why do some religions interpret God to be humanoid.

Hinduism has monkey god hanuman, kali 8 arms, a formless brahma. 

Buddhism recognizes the existance of devas which are humanoid beings but extremely beautiful making the most beautiful earthlings "look like a she-ape." So perhaps all mystics of the past saw or remembered lives as devas and thought those were godly beings because they were so much more beautiful and grand than us humans. So they had glimpses of higher realms, but without penetrating knowledge of the Truth mistook them for "God."

Buddha admitted the existence of higher dimensional beings but he said they are not worthy of worship as they too are entangled to samsara and reincarnation. 

Brahma has form. He has three heads . Its brahman who is formless .

By definition God is Infinity and is everything. Nothing exist except god. So god is universe/multiverse , birds, mountain, stones, walls, trees, curtains etc 

So why we limit him in finite form when he is formless and infinite.

7 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

Created in God's IMAGEination is a better translation in my opinion. Though "in" would imply relation to "other" which doesn't truly exist.

Also, we shouldn't criticize others and how their wish to perceive God. In the grand scheme of things, they are not wrong, nor are they absolutely correct.

How can a person reach enlightenment when his quest to ultimate Truth is ended by some religion which preach a skybeing created this universe including all humans.

And to worship that sky being using idols.

Just now, machiavelli said:

How can a person reach enlightenment when his quest to ultimate Truth is ended by some religion which preach a skybeing created this universe including all humans.

And to worship that sky being using idols.

Reaching enlightenment isn't necessary and there is nothing wrong with feeling comfortable with one's own religious beliefs.

Also, if someone was to peruse the path. A great way to "find yourself" is to experience "that which we are not" in order to overcome that paradigm of belief using direct experience. Hopefully using said experience to catalyze an awakening. Though seeing "that which we are not" is just a step that will circumvent itself showing us we were always that as well all along. You said it yourself.  VVV

3 hours ago, machiavelli said:

For me god is everything. God is even animals and birds.

49 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

By definition God is Infinity and is everything. Nothing exist except god. So god is universe/multiverse , birds, mountain, stones, walls, trees, curtains etc 

So why we limit him in finite form when he is formless and infinite.

It's your perception of God giving him form. For example I'm a buddhist so I don't believe in any god. To me god is not Infinity, he is nothing. Birds, mountains, stones, trees are just materiality. There's no deeper meaning behind them. They are just there in their forms through the laws of we can say physics and karma. There is no meaning behind it besides what your consciousness perceives it to be.

@Ora I like buddhist teaching. And find them close to what great religions free from dogmas should be.

Whats your view on people worshipping mythological gods using idols? Dont you find giving form to infinite god which cant be comprehend by human mind absurd?

It only delude people by attaching them to some human figure which they think created the universe and lives in sky.

Well I have abs of steel. 

Have no no idea what you guys are talking 'bout with all of this. 

Will be here to learn. 

the Christian god is a triangle, the Muslim cannot be represented, the Hindus are elephants and things like that, and in Buddhism there is no god. what do you have? Zeus?

If triangles had a God he would have 3 sides.

Ego sees the world according to itself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Adrian325 said:

@machiavelli have you seen the Gods depicted in Hinduism?

@Breakingthewall @Adrian325

I am a hindu. We have such a volmunious mythology and gods that you cant even comprehend. 

We have stories how god onced lived on earth doing all sorts of absurd things .

We have a story where a god chopped off head of his son born from clay. As his wife got angry that he had killed his son she insisted him to to make him alive again. So the god went and searched for a head. He found an elephant during searching. He put elephant's head over his son body and he got alive. 

We have all sorts of mythical stories like monkeys flying , shape shifting demons , sanskrit speaking birds and animals , people getting born from fish , 10 headed humans , teleportation, people getting born from fire , gods stopping the time, gods getting angry and creating havoc on earth etc etc

Hinduism states that brahma created the universe and all living beings.  

Vishnu sustains the universe and all its forces.

Shiva destroys the universe .

Together they are called trinity and is BRAHMAN .

We have hundreds of gods mentioned in our scriptures.

More than 70 avatars .

God for each and everthing . Like god of lust called kamadev , god of air vayu devta , god of thunder, god of fire called agni devta ,etc etc.

We have a story how sages cursed god living on earth .

Now what to make up from all this? 

Where is the source of some getting liberated? When all are worshipping these gods using idols and think them they live in sky.

And created humans.

Edited by machiavelli