iboughtleosbooklist

So I have no free will? Even on where I focus with my "eyes"

16 posts in this topic

If I can't even choose where to look, and I am anything I look at because subject-object split is an illusion, then I guess all I am is awareness watching a movie? Of course this movie is the greatest love story the universe has ever told, but it's still so unnerving not being able to control any of it...

How much more 'free' can it get than to realize there's nothing to do? ?

There's nothing for me to do.. ahhh liberation!!

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

But what about my imaginary rich parents who I'm disappointing? I'm unemployed, reclusive, and now I've learnt this message ??

"Gratitude is what makes what you have enough." ?

It's not that you don't have free will. Your will is free. Your will is actually so free that you can't control it. 

So it's not that you can't control where you look because you can certainly control that. But how do you control where you want to look?

No free will actually means that you don't have any freedom about what you will (want). And your wants control your life. So if you're not free from your wants then you're not free at all.

I is an abstraction. It has no will whatsoever.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Barna there is no 'the will'.. there is just 'what will'. 

I am cautiously curious about what will.. what will happen next? What will you say next? What will I think next?  I have no idea until it happens... oh how exciting!

Edited by Mason Riggle

It's not that you have no free will. It's that you don't exist and free will is just a thought. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Basically, but it's not that there is no free will. Rather, the free will you think you have, is not yours (as a separate entity). There is no separation. Every apparent action/inaction is inseparable from the force of the entire whole -- unstoppable, ungraspable, and timeless.

Edited by The0Self

Omg it's perfect. It was always perfect. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

You know when you get ill and your mother looks after you. Realizing that that whole thing was a dream. How convincing it was, how elaborate. How much God yearns for other. It's so so beautiful. Your mother is literally an angel.

it's not that 'I can't choose what I do'  since even that wasn't your thought. It's more like you aren't to begin with. Which is what's the most free. Even your awareness is occurring on it's own effortlessly, it can't be you. Literally nothing is you. What is something with no limits? That's right, it's that which is equal to nothing, something and everything at once.

I'd say true free will is no will.

Edited by Swarnim

God's Will is pure love. It's absolute free will because it cannot not know what it's doing. 

"Words mean something because they point to meaning beyond themselves."

34 minutes ago, Swarnim said:

it's not that 'I can't choose what I do'  since even that wasn't your thought. It's more like you aren't to begin with. Which is what's the most free. Even your awareness is occurring on it's own effortlessly, it can't be you. Literally nothing is you. What is something with no limits? That's right, it's that which is equal to nothing, something and everything at once.

I'd say true free will is no will.

Yes. True will is infinite freedom yet no freedom to do other than that which is perfect.