John Paul

SD Tier 2 Business

26 posts in this topic

Can anyone give examples in real life or just in writing of what a Yellow (or turquoise) business would look like? And can you maybe dumb it down for me and explain why you think it's a yellow (or turquoise) business? How would Tier 2 business be done in a tier 2 society? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no such thing as a tier 2 business yet, because all of economy is tier 1 and frankly business is not a tier 2 thing.

You might want to be asking for a tier 2 minds dominated business surviving within a tier 1 economy, but that would still require tier 1 behaviour to a large extend.

Edited by Windappreciator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Windappreciator said:

There is no such thing as a tier 2 business yet, because all of economy is tier 1 and frankly business is not a tier 2 thing.

You might want to be asking for a tier 2 minds dominated business surviving within a tier 1 economy, but that would still require tier 1 behaviour to a large extend.

Tell me more about "business is not a tier 2 thing."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, John Paul said:

Tell me more about "business is not a tier 2 thing."

Try looking beyond business and imagine expressions of tier 2 values within that, as a practice.

8 minutes ago, John Paul said:

Tell me more about "business is not a tier 2 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do jobs exist? Does work even need to be recorded? Do companies and brands exist in a global society or just government institutions with systems thinking structure?

If they do exist, is working on art or yoga a job? Being a psychedelic space-holder? Just being an elder? I"m thinking about purple with those last two suggestions obviously but hope I'm communicating so that you know what I mean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Paul said:

Do jobs exist? Does work even need to be recorded? Do companies and brands exist in a global society or just government institutions with systems thinking structure?

If they do exist, is working on art or yoga a job? Being a psychedelic space-holder? Just being an elder? I"m thinking about purple with those last two suggestions obviously but hope I'm communicating so that you know what I mean. 

There is no need to abolish all categorization to be tier 2.

Having to cut wood for 12 hours a day to keep the body alive is a hinderence for most minds to integrate and embody psychologically.

Edited by Windappreciator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Business can certainly be a Tier 2 thing.

What do you think Actualized.org is? ;)


You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Business can certainly be a Tier 2 thing.

What do you think Actualized.org is? ;)

I envy anyone that runs that kind of business. Only a tiny percent of people are lucky enough to have that kind of opportunity because of how ruthless and capitalistic businesses are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hardkill said:

I envy anyone that runs that kind of business. Only a tiny percent of people are lucky enough to have that kind of opportunity because of how ruthless and capitalistic businesses are.

You can do it too, bro!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yellow business is dedicated to the raising of human consciousness depending on what needs need to be met (infrastructure, self-esteem, NVC/feminism, spirituality). And I guess some supporting roles (essential) would be to take care of food, maybe some builders, some caretakers, some educators (actualized.org material, how to live sustainably, how to be a role model, health), exercise coaches, and some yoga practitioners etc. Feel like there should be designated directors etc. but I also feel like it'd be really sketchy (must decide carefully and together) to actually choose people to be in charge of directing this large group effort to raise all of humanity's consciousness. On the other hand GREEN can't sneak in and stop any "leadership" from existing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, John Paul said:

Yellow business is dedicated to the raising of human consciousness depending on what needs need to be met (infrastructure, self-esteem, NVC/feminism, spirituality). And I guess some supporting roles (essential) would be to take care of food, maybe some builders, some caretakers, some educators (actualized.org material, how to live sustainably, how to be a role model, health), exercise coaches, and some yoga practitioners etc. Feel like there should be designated directors etc. but I also feel like it'd be really sketchy (must decide carefully and together) to actually choose people to be in charge of directing this large group effort to raise all of humanity's consciousness. On the other hand GREEN can't sneak in and stop any "leadership" from existing. 

 

That is tier 2 business in tier 1 environment, like already mentioned.

Don't mistake that for a tier 2 culture and don't mistake actualized.org for the top of expression of tier 2 culture.

Actualized.org is very much stuck like most tier 2 people in business, because of tier 1 environment.

That is what people here I believe lack in sight when it comes to spiral dynamics, it's the lack of consideration of the culture these stages are embedded in.

But it's your choice how open you want to be to this.

Edited by Windappreciator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@John Paul I'd say the most obvious tier 2-type business today is a clinical psychology practice depending on the psychologist. Also the creative fields like certain bands, etc., because those are businesses too. That's all I got. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patagonia is tier 2 because of how well it treats its employes, has REAL commitments towards environmental impact and knows it's place in the system, which is not able to do much when it comes to climate change, but anything is better than nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Girzo said:

Patagonia is tier 2 because of how well it treats its employes, has REAL commitments towards environmental impact and knows it's place in the system, which is not able to do much when it comes to climate change, but anything is better than nothing.

That could just be green.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Windappreciator it is not, you can read Chouinard's Let My People Go Surfing, or chapters about Patagonia from Reinventing Organizations book by Laloux.

I find that serious discussion of solutions to climate change is more often Yellow than Green.

Green in business is more about inclusion and communication at work and not aligning personal purposes of workers with a purpose of the organization, so both can benefit, which is a main factor that distinguishes a stage Yellow business, that attention to purpose and leveraging natural talents of your workers towards achieving it. It's hard for me to put it into words and not make it sound like Orange, hah

Edited by Girzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Girzo said:

@Windappreciator it is not, you can read Chouinard's Let My People Go Surfing, or chapters about Patagonia from Reinventing Organizations book by Laloux.

I find that serious discussion of solutions to climate change is more often Yellow than Green.

Green in business is more about inclusion and communication at work and not aligning personal purposes of workers with a purpose of the organization, so both can benefit, which is a main factor that distinguishes a stage Yellow business, that attention to purpose and leveraging natural talents of your workers towards achieving it. It's hard for me to put it into words and not make it sound like Orange, hah

Hm, leveraging talents is most save yellow thing you can do in business, leveraging minds can be painful and offensive to workers losing them in the process and getting bankrupt.

This is the unfortunate dilemma, that the steps are small because of orange economy.

Edited by Windappreciator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Windappreciator said:

That is tier 2 business in tier 1 environment, like already mentioned.

Don't mistake that for a tier 2 culture and don't mistake actualized.org for the top of expression of tier 2 culture.

Actualized.org is very much stuck like most tier 2 people in business, because of tier 1 environment.

That is what people here I believe lack in sight when it comes to spiral dynamics, it's the lack of consideration of the culture these stages are embedded in.

But it's your choice how open you want to be to this.

Once The whole world reaches tier 2 then we are in stage Turquoise. I am more asking about stage Yellow- practical, potential models of groups of people that grow in size and are very serious about actually transforming the world through meeting survival needs, meeting other lower needs-esteem/relationship/job/u name it, educating/defeating lies, inspiring others to take total personal responsibility and honesty, and pay it forward kindly and as peacefully as possible. Imagine it for me :) think about it!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, John Paul said:

Imagine it for me :) think about it!!!!!!

Everything I have written I wrote just for you for you, my sunshine ^_^.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Business can certainly be a Tier 2 thing.

What do you think Actualized.org is? ;)

Great job dude, You nailed it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now