Dodo

The man who meditated for 25 years story - J Krishnamurti

28 posts in this topic

Must have had pretty horrible meditation instructions to meditate for 25 years straight and not understand what the self, or reality is. This is why conceptual understanding, learning from many traditions and masters is so important, not to mention contemplation as an important tool for enlightenment. Meditation in a vacuum seems to have a horrible "success rate."

When one can seek without seeking, meditate without meditating, contemplate without contemplating, be a self without being a self, this is when true awakening will awaken to the fact that it was never not awake at all, and so now can truly and finally Awaken. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand Krishnamurti's point, but maybe this man needed to meditate for 25 years to begin realizing the truth that is already within him. We each take our own path. There is no fast track to enlightenment. It happens when it is ready to happen. When the knocking on the door is loud enough, we finally wake up. Do we take credit for opening our eyes, or do we acknowledge the knocking for achieving its intent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter whether meditation occurred for 25 years or being the governor of kentucky for 25 years.

When that body dies there won't even be the slightest inkling of existence, so in that sense it doesn't matter in any way at all.


“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

It doesn't matter whether meditation occurred for 25 years or being the governor of kentucky for 25 years.

When that body dies there won't even be the slightest inkling of existence, so in that sense it doesn't matter in any way at all.

wait... you presenting hard facts here or your own belief, because it sounds like belief... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dodo said:

wait... you presenting hard facts here or your own belief, because it sounds like belief... 

The body is the vehicle in which the illusion of ME seems to be born(self awareness)

When that body dies, the ability of the illusion of ME will cease to exist.

But this is just a story because an illusion cannot die because it was never real to begin with.

So the ME doesn't die because it was never really born.... which is already the case.

What a trip huh? ❤

 

 


“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

The body is the vehicle in which the illusion of ME seems to be born(self awareness)

When that body dies, the ability of the illusion of ME will cease to exist.

But this is just a story because an illusion cannot die because it was never real to begin with.

So the ME doesn't die because it was never really born.... which is already the case.

What a trip huh? ❤

 

 

how about step out of the dream right now?

disidentify with the false that you are above speaking of

who disidentifies?

god does of course if it so chooses and lets itself become conscious in the dream

let the new phase of the dream commence, the lucid dream

Edited by gettoefl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

how about step out of the dream right now?

disidentify with the false that you are above speaking of

who disidentifies?

god does of course if it so chooses and lets itself become conscious in the dream

let the new phase of the dream commence, the lucid dream

There isn't a real dream and there isn't anyone who could step out, identify or disidentify with it.

That's literally why it's called a dream story or an illusion.


“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

The body is the vehicle in which the illusion of ME seems to be born(self awareness)

When that body dies, the ability of the illusion of ME will cease to exist.

But this is just a story because an illusion cannot die because it was never real to begin with.

So the ME doesn't die because it was never really born.... which is already the case.

What a trip huh? ❤

 

 

Seriously, everyone is in the state where they pretend to know. I get it. Its not easy to accept not knowing. In the same boat. We are all teachers we all know how it is... 

So your idea is after death of body you no longer are conscious? And you can swear that you're saying something you're sure about? As if 

And if your true self is eternal its not necessarily a good thing, now we have to make sure to be wise and learn from those before us. It's not like they are all fools and we know everything because we are aware now.

Edited by Dodo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

There isn't a real dream and there isn't anyone who could step out, identify or disidentify with it.

That's literally why it's called a dream story or an illusion.

there is only god here having limited itself to sample a different aspect of its infinite consciousness

similar to me watching a movie or getting drunk at a party, it is about enjoying life to the max

god can step away from the movie any time he chooses, he is not bound to continue this particular movie, he may decide to start over and try another genre, awakened beings have told us that god does come to the fore sometimes and in these cases the movie can be lived lucidly

Edited by gettoefl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Seriously, everyone is in the state where they pretend to know. I get it. Its not easy to accept not knowing. In the same boat. We are all teachers we all know how it is... 

So your idea is after death of body you no longer are conscious? And you can swear that you're saying something you're sure about? As if 

 

So you remember being conscious prior to birth?

Awakening requires an emptying of the glass, a willingness to let go and have faith or trust that things will be okay.

Severe trust issues are a pentacle on this forum.

The 101 concepts about what Awakening is and how it's found distort and seem to hide this freedom that's actually already the case. ❤


“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

krisnamurty says what he always says: nobody understands anything except me, but I'm not going to explain it to you because you wouldn't understand. stop trying anything, it won't do you any good.

that of a man who was meditating for 25 years in solitude and only found confusion is obviously making it up. not even 3 months to endure. 

Krishnamurti is a pre-fabricated guru . still has valuable things

Edited by Breakingthewall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

The body is the vehicle in which the illusion of ME seems to be born(self awareness)

When that body dies, the ability of the illusion of ME will cease to exist.

But this is just a story because an illusion cannot die because it was never real to begin with.

So the ME doesn't die because it was never really born.... which is already the case.

What a trip huh? ❤

 

 

Because spirit and soul doesnt mean nothing?  because the astral plane doesnt exist?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

So you remember being conscious prior to birth?

Awakening requires an emptying of the glass, a willingness to let go and have faith or trust that things will be okay.

Severe trust issues are a pentacle on this forum.

The 101 concepts about what Awakening is and how it's found distort and seem to hide this freedom that's actually already the case. ❤

Its like a fly telling another fly that the lightbulb is ok cause every other fly goes there... Stay vigilant. 

I don't remember many things, that means nothing. 

The problem is your thoughts are coming from influencers, I know all the lines! I know all the contemplations offered. 

There's a difference in my disagreement, not from lack of practice. 

It is in seeing that people who look like have the absolute nuggets and pointers are mostly naked kings, would listen more to kids, children books and stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Its like a fly telling another fly that the lightbulb is ok cause every other fly goes there... Stay vigilant. 

I don't remember many things, that means nothing. 

The problem is your thoughts are coming from influencers, I know all the lines! I know all the contemplations offered. 

There's a difference in my disagreement, not from lack of practice. 

It is in seeing that people who look like have the absolute nuggets and pointers are mostly naked kings, would listen more to kids, children books and stories.

Naked King that sounds pretty good to me... I like that 👍

It sounds like you have a severe trust issue, which can be a catalyst early on but can also become a hindrance.

What are you so concerned about?

Is there anyone that you do trust or follow?

 


“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Naked King that sounds pretty good to me... I like that 👍

It sounds like you have a severe trust issue, which can be a catalyst early on but can also become a hindrance.

What are you so concerned about?

Is there anyone that you do trust or follow?

 

When one sees cheese and knows it could be a trap, ofcourse there are trust issues. If one is unaware its a trap, they would blissfully and ignorantly point others toward the same cheese! By the time the trap snaps you cant warn the rest, too late! 

Yes I do trust... And there are those whom I trust and don't trust at the same time! There are some whom I trusted and they show me signs I shouldn't. 

Well path is different for everyone.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Thoth_tehuti

Deeper meaning than a jab at meditation and that there are no benefits.

Look and feel what he is trying to communicate and wonder why... 

Excuse me but you need to respect those with more experience.. 😄 not me, Krishnamurti. Low consciousness material... What a guy! Maybe you just took the wrong perspective. 

This video is not for just anyone, but for those for whom its meant will get what they need without even needing to post really. Its just a small flower not everyone will like, some people are after other things

Edited by Dodo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dodo It sounds like you're a little overly concerned about falling into a so-called trap. Don't worry so much, it will be fine.... no one can take away your birthday.

If you really want freedom badly enough at some point you will have to let go of everything you dearly hold on to.

There needs to be 100% faith and trust that it will be alright.

 

 


“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dodo from a relative and materialistic point of view, it is estimated that there are 1 googol (1 followed by 100 zeros) of stars in the known universe, and most have several planets. do you think that the covid, or the disappearance of humanity is more important than having lice? is more or less at the same level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now