The White Belt

Why Do Animals Fear Death?

91 posts in this topic

Egos fighting egos about egos, thanks for the entertainment :D.

I guess the simplest answer to "why animals fear death" is that if they wouldn't they would be extinct by now.

p.s. what does a "self realized fucking cow" steak taste like? Is it something like dry aged or better?

Hell no animals don't fear death.  They have no concept of death. Instinct to survive, yes, but that's where it ends.

3 hours ago, GTITurbolover said:

More to the point. Let's get back to the nonsense you spread around here. 

What's all this Osho shit you're spreading? I'd like to hear what Osho has to say about monkeys egos. That is going to help me undo my dualistic knots in my programming. 

Much appreciated

Thanks

A way to undo your dualistic knots in your programming would be to stop judging others as dumb, dull, nonsensical etc.

To me, all of what you're writing here seems to be still in the grip of the old egoic mode of consciousness.

It seems that you're still attached to a mental position with your self righteousness and by judging people as ignorant because they have different opinions to you.

But that's fine as we're all here to evolve. =)

I write about scientific-based self-help, habits, productivity, creativity and ancient wisdom over at www.selfempoweredlife.com

"Lions don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep" - The Internet

1 hour ago, NTOgen said:

At least there's someone who has the balls to get it out of his system.

Being a jackass and dogmatic about everything = getting it out of the system? That's a really fucked up, neurotic, piece of shit system. All you have ever done is slob GTIT/Matthew Lamont off. I wouldn't be surprised if you're associated with this nut case in some way.

@GTITurbolover You say intellectually dull a lot? What does it mean to be intellectually dull? And why do you sound so impatient and judgemental?

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

@BeginnerActualizer

This is in response to your original post. The question is: do animals have ego? The ego makes any animal feel fear and all other emotions. :)

You decide:

Edited by Key Elements

GTITurbolover - lol - what an ignorant close-minded arrogant fuckhead you are.

:D

Ego is a concept. There exist no egos ultimately

All that really exist is the non-duality of being. Nervous systems has the ability to seperate the non-dual pure 'Being' into duality. Duality is simply the seperation of pure 'Being' into:

1. the individual ego that thinks it exist (the internal world)  ||||| 2.  everything that that 'ego' doesn't define as himself (the external world)'

This is the duality of life - living as an ego.

The greater the seperation of pure non-dual Being into duality, the greater the created ego has a capacity to suffer. What does the seperation depend on? For all we know the seperation depends on the complexity of the nervous system. For all we can observe, it's the nervous system that creates the seperation of the non-duality into duality. The more complex nervous system, the more capacity there is for suffer.

Now, imagine you self very hungry standing in a very beautiful garden. The sky is blue. The sun is shining. You are hungry. Surrounded by you in the garden is everything you could imagine putting in your mouth:
- potato crops and crops with other food
-  trees with nuts
- living cows, pigs, chickens who are standing peacefully around you
- a pool with fish living in peace
- trees with apples, fruits and so on.
- bushes with berries

There is an outdoor kitchen in the garden with everything you need to cook. Knives and so on. There even is a pistol so you quickly kill the animals to cook them if you want to. If you shoot them in the head they will die so quickly that they won't feel any pain at all.

What do you do? :D Do you kill the pig lying next to you, taking a bath in the sun, so you can get some nice meat and cook it on the pan?
Or do you simply go for the potatoes in the earth, the nuts hanging from the trees, the berries from the bushes, the fruits from the trees?

I think most people would go for the vegetarian food. Yet, when we're in the supermarket, it's so fucking easy to buy the treated meat in the refrigerated counter. It's at least easy if you give zero fucks about how the meat got here in the supermarket. I guess most eat-meaters give zero fucks. And that's fine. Some people happen to give a fuck, somehow.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

7 minutes ago, Bob84 said:

@WaveInTheOcean so its about vegetarians being less selfish then meat eaters?

Did I state that anywhere?

What do selfish and unselfish even mean lol?

It's relative concepts. I mean, ultimately every person can only make selfish actions.

Relatively, as how most people define selfishness, I guess you could say vegetarians "care" more about other living animals than meat-eaters do. Do that make them less selfish? You be the judge.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Folks, please remember to keep your posts thoughtful, non-personal, and avoid turning this discussion into an ideological debate.

Otherwise this thread may end up getting locked.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.