SQAAD

Isn't Mahasamadhi another form of Suicide?

13 posts in this topic

After i've heard about the recent suicide incident from a member of this forum i wonder isn't Mahasamdhi a form of suicide?

Leo in your Outrageous Experiment video you've talked about how tempting it was to accept the call for leaving your body.

Isn't that a form of suicide like jumping off a bridge?

Edited by SQAAD

in mahasamdhi it is a way to fullfill your destany and be complete ,physical suicide is killing yourself becasue you try to eliminate some damge, you are not complete in physical suicide , you do this because you think your life is so fucked up that your rather die, in mahasamdhi you dont think , you just be

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

In mahasamadhi you enter Nirvana. In suicide you reincarnate in a worse place then before. You go to hell basicly. At least that what people say.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

In mahasamadhi you enter Nirvana. In suicide you reincarnate in a worse place then before. You go to hell basicly. At least that what people say.

i dont think that reincarnation is even matters , suicide is just not a conscious thing, it is animalistic fueled by anger and fear

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

6 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I don't think reincarnation should have a place in nondual teachings. To have knowledge of whether or not such a thing happens someone has to go beyond the point of no return... And then they can't come back and tell anyone what happens...

I've always felt that karma is a way nondual religions have found to inject Western ideas of good and bad etc onto nonduality.

It is total speculation. I feel sure both forms of death would be equivalent... Upon death none of self remains at ALLLLL. And also in mystical states, there is no such thing anymore... What happens when you remove everything "monk" about a monk and everything "Hitler" about "Hitler"? What is left is indistinguishable. It is pure consciousness.

How a person gets "there" to me does not seem like it would or even could matter.

Conversely, to abandon your life is ignoring relative experience. There is a good reason people actually buy and watch movies. Everyone knows they are actors etc. it does not stop us from enjoying them and getting lost in them as though they were real. So why not life? This is a movie for us to enjoy, but in first person view.

@RMQualtrough @TheSomeBody you make valid points :)

There's nothing I can say or add to this conversation since none of us know anything about it, it would be futile to debate further I think :D

Stay Blessed ?

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

1 hour ago, RMQualtrough said:

I don't think reincarnation should have a place in nondual teachings. To have knowledge of whether or not such a thing happens someone has to go beyond the point of no return... And then they can't come back and tell anyone what happens...

This is a common misconception.

It is actually possible to become so conscious that reincarnation itself is seen to be imaginary. So you transcend even reincarnation.

So it very much is possible to understand such things. It's not belief or speculation. You can realize it directly.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Good question.

What I've read about Dzogchen masters who dissolve their bodies in meditation after 7 days. Nothing is left of them but hair and fingernails.

Allegedly they transcend into the "light body."

Who knows man. This mahasamadhi stuff always confuses me.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

9 hours ago, Adam M said:

This mahasamadhi stuff always confuses me.

What's so confusing? If a human body can die unconsciously why can't a human body die consciously?

Mahasamadhi makes little sense for a young person who still has a full life ahead of them. But if you're some crusty old 70 year old enlightened master and you got not much else to do, Mahasamadhi may be the perfect exit plan.

(Remember: Mahasamadhi is NOT achieved through physical action but internally.)

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What's so confusing? If a human body can die unconsciously why can't a human body die consciously?

Mahasamadhi makes little sense for a young person who still has a full life ahead of them. But if you're some crusty old 70 year old enlightened master and you got not much else to do, Mahasamadhi may be the perfect exist plan.

(Remember: Mahasamadhi is NOT achieved through physical action but internally.)

I hope, I´ll achieve enlightenment untill 70 year old and do Mahasamadhi to me. I don´t want to live longer than that. 

28 minutes ago, Hulia said:

I hope, I´ll achieve enlightenment untill 70 year old and do Mahasamadhi to me. I don´t want to live longer than that. 

Well, the irony is that you're imagining that in the Eternal NOW.

You are literally fantasizing when you wish for Mahasamdhi, which means you're not fully conscious of yourself as God right NOW.

11 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Well, the irony is that you're imagining that in the Eternal NOW.

You are literally fantasizing when you wish for Mahasamdhi, which means you're not fully conscious of yourself as God right NOW.

It is a confusing topic and I think it is because of the terms. As you said it might make sense for a crusty old man, but everything is "now", both your own birth and death occur in the "now", you as a toddler and you as that crusty old man happens "now". That can be shown via words (since we never experience anything unless it is happening presently, the past only exists to us by memories which are also accessed in the "now").

Regarding the matter in general, I do not see that it would be different to enter death consciously or unconsciously. If a person gets shot in the head, why would death be different than death for a person who enters it in this Mahasamdhi type manner?

I suspect that when death occurs every single person is immediately "enlightened" to a level infinitely beyond any living person ever was or ever could be.

There will be no "experience of death" only of "dying". Once death occurs everyone and everything is equal is what I think.

My main overarching idea of course being nonduality. The fundamental nature of everyone and everything is the same thing, it is all one... When "there", a monk with a lifetime of spiritual practice vs a murderer will be identical because, literally, they were never real and were always just this to begin with...

Leo, me, whoever else posts, being as real as a thought or emotion... Hence regardless of how a person gets there I suspect the end result is completely identical.

Edited by RMQualtrough

A belief system, certainly for you and Leo. Likely beautiful sounding nonsense that people eat up because it sounds exotic and give them a way to deal with the raw fact of death. If it has an Indian word, better still. ;) 

If you can die and still function… How would others know? What the term is actually pointing toward is that you die. Others are the ones holding that belief.

“Spiritual” hearsay you haven’t experienced — hence belief. Like ghosts. People say they’ve seen them, others parrot that.

I’m using belief in a wider sense: the earth is round is a belief you hold.

Your nature is what it is now. 

Edited by Arzola