Tim R

JBP on Psychedelics!

31 posts in this topic

Sorry, the title might sound misleading, didn't think about it?

"A month... from fucking Cider?!"

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

Seriously tho, at this point, I'm not so sure that Peterson hasn't tried multiple Psychedelics. I know that he has done mushrooms and I also think acid. 

He must be so damn curious... He knows about DMT, I bet you he also knows about 5-MeO...

Lol he even knows about Terence McKenna??

He's hiding something, fo sho

Edited by Tim R

@Tim R I was at a live event of his in Finland a few years back where he was asked about psychedelics. He likes to cite Jung who said: "be careful of unearned wisdom". He is terrified of psychedelics because of their chaotic nature, he seems to have this story in his mind that psychedelics could unravel everything we have built and cause a collective decent into madness. As Leo pointed out in the new video, his life-mission is to basically remind us of the value/usefulness of stage blue orderliness, so psychedelics can be seen as threatening that. I don't think he will ever sincerely try psychedelics again at this point as he seems to feel it's too threatening for his image and identity, but then again he is also a highly curious and open individual so it's not impossible. 

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

2 hours ago, TheAlchemist said:

"be careful of unearned wisdom". He is terrified of psychedelics because of their chaotic nature,

@TheAlchemistI am watching the video for 10 minutes. Jordan thinks it was a catastrophy that psychedelics got banned from being researched.  He just wants to warn like others also do that you have to respect the substance, its not childsplay. He looks very interested in the subject. I see not a sign of all of anxiety of it. Is this your projection? If he doesn't like it then why would he invite a scientist about psychedelics?

Edited by TheDao

It is never enough to just do a psychedelic. What really matters is whether one is eager to deconstruct one's reality. And obviously JP is not eager to do that. So psychedelics will be threatening to such a mind.

Psychedelics are JP's kryptonite.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It is never enough to just do a psychedelic. What really matters is whether one is eager to deconstruct one's reality. And obviously JP is not eager to do that. So psychedelics will be threatening to such a mind.

He is interested, he just didn't have the breakthrough needed to understand what spirituality is about so his mind can only consider materialist meanings of life.

JP is interested in psychedelics to a certain extent. For example, using psychedelics to heal from trauma. Yet he wants to be in control of the narrative. How he talks about psychedelics oozes with narrative control.

He isn't interested in using psychedelics to fully deconstruct and transcend his reality to the point it can no longer be reconstructed back to the way it was. He is super attached and identified to his mental constructs. 

20 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

He is interested in psychedelics to a certain extent. For example, using psychedelics to heal from trauma. Yet he isn't interested in using psychedelics to fully deconstruct and transcend his mind to the point it can no longer be reconstructed back to the way it was. He is super attached and identified to his mental constructs. 

JP wants to be in control of psychedelics as a tool within his construct of reality.

During his last Q&A video there was a video that is a great probe into his psychology : 59:24 Q: What is the best way to to avoid falling back into nihilistic behaviors and thinking? The way he answers the question is akin to Why keep living ?

His mind keeps thinking of materialist reasons as if there is nothing beyond. He didn't get a glimpse of the beyond but at some level he longs for it.

@Forestluv He has a wider lens.

Yes he is a psychologist so he is very interested in what it does to the human psyche. Not only trauma, fear of death in cancer patients, changes of personality, trancedance, a sort of transformation of mortality itself. He is pointing that there is something beyond the death in psychedelics that is very significant.

"I am been studying this for twenty years the psychedelic literature. Its of crucial and central significance. There seems to be no end on how deeply you can investigate it"

"You have te let old concepts die, they don't like to die its panfulull, but there is a benevolent death. Its true of being itself , death has a restorative rol, enough cells need to die to stay healthy. I belief in these mystical experiences death is building into something. And want to participate in and tortured to not participate. A glimpse of that, at least shows there's is more than you think." Gets a bit emotional in tone of voice. 

"What sort of being is there without consciousness. You cant even describe it , only in terms of consciousness. Things arent if they are not experienced. There is some relationship between consciousness and being. It just makes matter more mysterious."

He is helping you guys popularize psychedelics and pointing to breakthrough.  Also I don't think he is very of narrative control but concerned that the research goes well so it can continue for a long time.

Edited by TheDao

He has a deep intuition for God, but not the balls to pursue it.

His mind was locked down by science. He can't see that, plot twist: science is the ultimate myth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

JBP is too rational to even pursue anything spiritual. That's his handicap 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

JBP is too rational to even pursue anything spiritual. That's his handicap 

@Preety_India Why is JP so threatening to you lot. I don't get it. I will find out. What you people say is so easy to debunk. I have only watched half yet.

Edited by TheDao

1 hour ago, TheDao said:

@Forestluv He is helping you guys popularize psychedelics and pointing to breakthrough.  Also I don't think he is very of narrative control but concerned that the research goes well so it can continue for a long time.

Yes, I think he contributes value. JP has a rational view on psychedelics, understands how they can be used for therapy, is open to mystical experiences and is grounded. That is good to show people some benefits of psychedelics and responsible use of psychedelics. That is much better than someone with a large platform who is ungrounded, takes psychedelics and does batshit crazy antics for attention. JP has a decent level of contemplation and seriousness.

Yet that not what I’m pointing at. If I point at a gap in someone, it doesn’t mean that I think they are 100% bad loser. 

I’m talking about transcendence of personal constructs. There is a balance between being ungrounded and grounded. If someone goes all in exploring God, they may have God-like realizations and experience. This can get into insanity zones and can be difficult integrate and ground. An ungrounded person may loose it and start acting batshit crazy because they are God. Such a person could cause harm to others because everything is Absolute God and there is no grounding in relativity. Such a person is too daring and lacks caution. JP is on the flip side. He is overly cautious and not daring enough. This is good to stay grounded and be a responsible advocate for responsible use of psychedelics. Yet this also limits the potential of fully deconstructing one’s reality and going all-in. 

JP has t fully deconstructed his mind. This is evident since he is still immersed within his constructs, such as male gender issues, patriarchy, religion, feminism, science, materialism etc. I’m not saying these constructs are wrong or lack value. I’m saying JP has not fully deconstructed them to the point that they no longer exist and there is no longer a “JP” that holds those views. This is not the case. JP holds his  constructed views tightly and is identified with being a male, psychologist, father, speaker etc. 

7 hours ago, Tim R said:

Seriously tho, at this point, I'm not so sure that Peterson hasn't tried multiple Psychedelics. I know that he has done mushrooms and I also think acid. 

He must be so damn curious... He knows about DMT, I bet you he also knows about 5-MeO...

Lol he even knows about Terence McKenna??

He's hiding something, fo sho

oh he's admitted to Duncan Trussell to having done em

53 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

He is overly cautious and not daring enough

@ForestluvNothing of what he says in those two hours points to that. When he talks about research you need to be careful otherwise it can ruin the whole image of the field. They are also talking about giving psychedelics to psychiatric person. Sounds daring to me.

3 hours ago, Forestluv said:

JP is interested in psychedelics to a certain extent.

JP : "There seems to be no end on how deeply you can investigate it"  JP is a religious man, it shouldnt be such a suprise he challenges materialism.

53 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

JP hasnt fully deconstructed his mind.

Possibly true. Its a hypothesis you can make. But that doesnt mean you cant popularize psychedelics, point to the gold, research it etc etc. 

You wanted to put him away as a shallow uncaring man. Didnt work did it?

Another one that didnt work:

JP : "There seems to be no end on how deeply you can investigate it. Death and deconstruction are part of life and in psychedelics"

And another one:

His mind keeps thinking of materialist reasons as if there is nothing beyond.

debunked.

Ok what is the next one I have to debunk?

Edited by TheDao

"Mankind is full of shit everywhere"

Summary of the video:

E=BS²(Everything = Bullshit squared)

Edited by TheDao

26 minutes ago, TheDao said:

@ForestluvNothing of what he says in those two hours points to that. When he talks about research you need to be careful otherwise it can ruin the whole image of the field. They are also talking about giving psychedelics to psychiatric person. Sounds daring to me.

It is context dependent. Please see the nuance in what I’m trying to communicate.

Caution and daring is co text dependent. As I said, I think JP adds value because he can see benefits of psychedelics in therapy and he has a good balance between caution and daring. Plus, he advocates for responsible use of psychedelics.

That is at a human / personal level. Another context is a trans-human / trans-personal awakening in which reality is deconstructed to Nothing and constructed full circle to Everything. This takes an immense amount of daring-ness and very few people are willing to go full Monty. Which is fine. The trick is being grounded enough to integrate and re-ground so the mind-body does go batshit crazy ungrounded. Some caution is needed, yet JP isn’t daring enough in this context. He is overly cautious. Yet perhaps for good reason. If he went full Monty it might render him permanently insane. I’m not sure if his mind-body could handle it, yet I bet he has a good shot since he has an intuitive sense of God and years of grounding.

@Forestluv

JP : "There seems to be no end on how deeply you can investigate it"

Saying it isn’t the experience and embodiment Not even close. Anyone can say that. That’s different than actually investigating deeply and embodying. 

@Forestluv

But that doesnt mean you cant popularize psychedelics, point to the gold, research it etc etc. 

Absolutely. That’s what I’ve said three times now. 

Yet there is a distinction between using psychedelics for personal growth / healing and using psychedelics to deconstruct one’s reality into transpersonal domains.

Ironically, JP is a psychologist yet doesn’t know how his own minds works.

13 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

That is at a human / personal level. Another... Long explanation

@Forestluv You don't know how deep he has gone. Your just speculating.

Edited by TheDao