Enlightenment

How often do you feel love? [Poll] Checking forum's level of consciousness

How often do you feel love?   56 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you actually feel love?

• Literally all the time
    • Almost all the time
    • More often than not
    • About half the time
    • A few times during a day usually
    • About once a day for some time on avarage
    • A few times a week
    • About once a week
    • Once a month maybe
    • A few times a year
    • Maybe once a year
    • I've only expierienced love a few times in my life
    • I've never expierienced love

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

42 posts in this topic

Please answer about your actual experience of love, you know like you can feel it in your chest or elsewhere in your direct experience. I know some here will be tempted to philosophize about how love is always there, it's never absent even when feeling pain and despair etc. but I'm asking about your direct experience (with psychedelics or sober, doesn't matter), not your belief or philosophy :x

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

yes, please check on my level of consciousness, enlightened one.

BTW vote is anonymous

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

I don't know if what I experienced on psychs a few times is love, so assuming it's not i'd say I haven't felt love since I was a kid. But I don't remember it

All the time. Chest, face, sometimes hands, mostly not in any particular way besides an obvious in-the-air intuition that it’s all love anyway.

How are you defining "love"? An emotional love? Such as: I love my gf, cat, playing tennis etc?

Are you talking about love, the human emotion, or Love, the realization that we are all the same?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Just now, Forestluv said:

How are you defining "love"? An emotional love? Such as: I love my gf, cat, playing tennis etc?

I just assumed they meant upwelling feelings of kindness. The problem is that’s love in only one direction. There’s another kind of love out there. Far stronger. Caring and judging are two sides of the same coin — the most powerful, non-judgemental, unconditional love, does not care about anyone at all. Btw, it’s the one insight a person can’t survive — the degree to which it is understood is the exact degree to which there is no one.

"Checking forum's level of consciousness" lmao... probably better if you focused on your own 

7 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

"Emotional" as opposed to..?

3 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Are you talking about love, the human emotion, or Love, the realization that we are all the same?

As if there's any difference xD

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

6 minutes ago, Moksha said:

Those are all the same. “We” and oneness implies love or Metta. Unconditional love is completely different though because even though it judges even less than conditioned love, it also doesn’t care, because there’s no one else to care about. It’s beyond oneness.

Edited by The0Self

Just now, RendHeaven said:

As if there's any difference xD

The difference is conditioned hormonic response toward a particular someone, vs. awakening to the sameness in all of us. If you see them as the same, you ain't woke yet xD

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

2 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Those are all the same. “We” and oneness implies love or Metta. Unconditional love is completely different though because even though it judges even less than conditioned love, it also doesn’t care.

Unconditional love is not an emotion. It is a realization.

Just now, Moksha said:

Yeah, you’re right. I thought I referred to Metta as love though. The pure love “emotion.” Feels more wholesome than an emotion imo

5 minutes ago, Moksha said:

The difference is conditioned hormonic response toward a particular someone, vs. awakening to the sameness in all of us. If you see them as the same, you ain't woke yet xD

These distinctions are ultimately arbitrary.

Depends on your frame of reference.

Edited by RendHeaven

It's Love.

6 minutes ago, Moksha said:

^^
However I still recognize that as the realization of cosmic oneness. Generally requires psychedelics ime. However unconditional love realization is not that — it’s the recognition that dissolves the individual completely so there is no one, and therefore one else to care about, judge, or to be unified with.

5 minutes ago, The0Self said:

Yeah, you’re right. I thought I referred to Metta as love though. The pure love “emotion.” Feels more wholesome than an emotion imo

Love is beyond emotion, it is simply the realization of the Oneness of all. ? You're right, it is purely wholesome.

5 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

The distinction is arbitrary.

Any distinction is arbitrary, and is bound to relative reality. Ultimately, we are all the same. Distinction is the dream.

3 minutes ago, The0Self said:

However unconditional love realization is not that — it’s the recognition that dissolves the individual completely so there is no one, and therefore one else to care about, judge, or to be unified with.

Amen, brother...I mean Self. 9_9

21 minutes ago, RendHeaven said:

"Emotional" as opposed to..?

Absolute Love is not restricted to any emotion, it is all emotions and all things.

Emotional love is a subset of Absolute Love. 

I re-read the poll question and noticed it asks "How often do you feel love?", which indicates a relative emotion type love. Yet I wouldn't consider the frequency one feels emotional love to be a great metric for ranking conscious level. It's quite limited.