GreenWoods

Energy Work

63 posts in this topic

A place for discussions and experiments about energy work.

Topics might include:

• developing the energy body
  • channeling energy
  • energy sensitivity
  • yoga, chakras, kundalini

I was talking with @m0hsen in the sleep yoga thread about energy work. I made this thread here to seperate the energy work stuff from sleep yoga.

So I'm gonna answer to some of the energy questions here.

"What is your experience with energy channeling btw? Are you planning to go for a Kundalini rising or what?"

When I channel energy, some sensations are similar to kriya supreme fire. But it's more intense and more energetic whereas supreme fire tends to be a bit more non-dual and more blissful. The energy also feels different. 

I get a lot of pressure in the crown chakra and third eye chakra area and when the session is very intense, it gets uncomfortable in the upper body too. I also hear a gentle buzzing sound.

I think I already have a partial kundalini awakening from yoga, transmissions and other practices. And I'm sure whatever is still dormant will be awakened with my energy channeling.

Edited by GreenWoods

Acquaint yourself with Crystalline Wisdom 

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

1 minute ago, Eternal Unity said:

Acquaint yourself with Crystalline Wisdom 

any resources suggestions?

Awesome!

@GreenWoods So to get started, I think we really need a clear understanding of this whole system before we are able to effectively manipulate it based on our final goal or desire.

I'm doing my researches to understand the basis of this system, below is short explanation of the five koshas I've gathered from this website. images are from multiples sources in the web.

The Five Koshas (Layers) of Existence

740672-The-5-Koshas-What-They-Mean-in-Ea

Each person has a physical body made of matter, an astral body containing prana and thoughts, and a causal body which contains the quality of spirit.

The three bodies are made up of the five “koshas” or sheaths. Below is a breakdown of the three bodies and their corresponding koshas:

Physical Body – The Vehicle for the Soul:

• Annamaya Kosha – The Food Illusion Sheath
    • Made of food
    • Composed of the five elements: earth, water, fire, air, and ether.

Astral Body – A Subtle Body that the Eyes Cannot See:

• Pranamaya Kosha – The Energy Body
    • Made of prana or vital life force
    • Physical body is able to live and act because of prana
  • Manomaya Kosha – The Mind
    • Contains your mind/emotions/thoughts
    • Thoughts and emotions move the prana
  • Vijnanamaya Kosha – The Intellect
    • Contains intellect and discrimination
    • This is the power to know and discern

Causal Body – The Core from Which Your Karma Originates:

• Anandamaya Kosha – The Bliss Sheath
    • A thin veil of ignorance
    • Subtle identification with separateness
    • Here you experience your true blissful nature

1*zVWGOGme89KsvnvkS0PxVA.jpeg

Edited by m0hsen

I think Martin Ball's book nondual liberation is a great guide for energy practice.

I've used his framework mostly for energy therapy on weed, it creates very high states of consciousness, like on the same dosage there's night and day if I use his method or if I just walk around and talk to people and interact with shit.

I feel like it's also progressively opening up my energy channels, healing me on deep levels, aligning me with my higher self, call it what you will.

Forget there’s anything to forget and remember there’s nothing to remember

@GreenWoods

based on the anatomy of the 5 koshas above, for the astral body, normal people are only aware of Manomaya kosha and Vijanamaya kosha.

you and I who have gone through various energy practices are aware of Pranamaya kosha or our energy body also.

Casual body still is not in my experience.

Edited by m0hsen

So about our energy body I've got this explanation from this link.

B73470C2-94C1-4ED3-A006-E185DA2ECB3B.jpe

Internal to the physical body is the second layer translated as the “sheath made of Prana which is impermanent” or the vital sheath.  Prana is quite similar to electrical, magnetic, electromagnetic, photonic, ocular, thermal and mental energies layered within the physical Anamaya Kosha body.  So as you can see, these sheaths or layers are not separated from one another in physical space.  They are intrinsically woven into one another like electrical circuits and wires throughout a house or vehicle.  This subtle body’s anatomy is made of energy channels called nadis, slightly akin to nerve pathways and endings, which terminate in energy centres where the body’s most vital organs are functioning.  This more subtle sheath is also composed of our senses and emotional states. The energy flowing through these channels is sensory input from the five gross senses and the subtler senses associated with the mind. These vortices and channels are always active during our waking state seeking sensory and emotional stimulation. When we are fed beautiful sense impressions such as art, nature, music, live vibrant colorful aromatic food, fresh air, sunlight and healthy community/relationships – they can be converted into the”prana” which keeps the body healthy. The strength of the prana is also the strength of the body. If the prana is weak, the body will also be weakThe prana energises the sense organs as well. Clarity of vision, clarity of hearing, and clarity and ability of the other sense organs are also caused by the energy quantum of the prana, the vitality in us.  With negative input such as toxic relationships, violent or stress-inducing media, lack of fresh air and sunlight, and chemical food there is less vitality available to be converted to prana and less vitality for stimulating positive thought…

Edited by m0hsen

Very interesting this means that if we just take charge of our Pranamaya kosha or our energy body, we don't need to worry about the physical body at all. A very strong healthy and disease free physical body would be the consequence of that.

Edited by m0hsen

So my goal is to gain a solid understanding of the physiology and anatomy of our 5 koshas.

I want to know how yogis control the connection between their physical body and astral body, or better to say how they master it so that they can easily drop the physical body to just function in the astral realms at will.

because based on this whole informations, physical body functions, animates or basically is alive because of prana. otherwise it's just dead matter. even a simple act of moving our hands done by controlling the prana. so mastering our energy body is everything.

@GreenWoods what's your thoughts so far?

p.s: btw I've found these two books regarding this subject.

"Yoga of the Subtle Body: A Guide to the Physical and Energetic Anatomy of Yoga"

"The subtle body: An encyclopedia of your energetic anatomy"

Edited by m0hsen

@Kalo We want to master our energy. we want to open the doors to the endless possibilities so we need to study the systems a lot. did your kundalini experience happened by accident or under influence of drugs or did you mastered your energy and did a full kundalini rising at will? we'd appreciate if you share more informations! :)

Edited by m0hsen

I think it's worth remembering that all of these energy models are MODELS, based at best on subjective experience.  They are likely to vary significantly from person to person and based on your own interpretation of their meanings (and unfortunately, by your expectations to a large degree as well).  They are also heavily influenced by the dogma and culture of their originating source, so really watch out for that.  Investigate your experiences openly, but never "believe" what they say will or should happen.

One thing is for sure... the body-mind is a highly complex and interdependent system.  As such, balance, observation, awareness, and gentle experimentation are always going to be keys to success.  Expect unexpected consequences and instabilities.  Which I personally think is a good reason to be really clear about why you want to do energy work... Do you want to be enlightened?  Do you want powers?  Is it for emotional health?  It may or may not actually support those goals, so I'd consider that carefully.  I personally decided to leave Kundalini alone until I am much farther on the path, as I started realizing how difficult/destructive it can be when unbalanced.

10 hours ago, m0hsen said:

@GreenWoods what's your thoughts so far?

Interesting stuff. I guess it will take quite some time till one gets there.

I personally will take a different route. A low level light body development also has all the benefits you mentioned. I guess it's very different from person to person, but I'm pretty sure that I will have much more success with light body stuff.

How do you like Sadhguru? He has mastery over the things you are interested in. I think his yoga techniques are weaker than kriya and kundalini yoga, but he gives online initiation transmissions, which I believe are probably potent. Maybe might be something for you.

Edited by GreenWoods

Does someone hear the kundalini energy?

Enlighment is when the kundalini energy is permanently raised to the crown and situated there?

23 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

Interesting stuff. I guess it will take quite some time till one gets there.

I personally will take a different route. A low level light body development also has all the benefits you mentioned. I guess it's very different from person to person, but I'm pretty sure that I will have much more success with light body stuff.

I guess we both want to achieve an exact same thing my friend... Mastering our energy, so that it can open the gates to the endless possibilities.

But I don't know man, recently I feel I really need to have a good understanding about how this whole system works if I really want to gain success at it. Because then when I'm practicing a specific technique, I know why I'm doing it, what exactly it's doing, how strong or effective this technique is, or how creative I can be about it and change it to have even a more desirable outcome.

If someone just tell me sit and do this shit everyday and eventually you'll get what you want.

It's just not working man...

How long I'm supposed to blindly just do the technique, in hope that it'll eventually work?

That master knows what that technique actually does and pretty fucking confident about it's outcome followed by regular deliberate practice by the practitioner. 

But what about me who doesn't even have a guru and don't know shit about everything and just figuring out everything all by myself?

I really need to be confident about what it is that I'm doing man, just picking up some techniques from some stupid books and doing it forever with a hope and faith is not something I can do really, soon I'll drop the technique thinking its a stupid weak sauce technique and go do something else.

That's the main reason why I want to spend some time doing all those studies and researches, hope it make sense.

What's your thoughts btw?

How do you like Sadhguru? He has mastery over the things you are interested in.

I really like him, I wish I could be in his yoga center in india, I'm pretty sure insane level of energy is available to everyone in his yoga center to use for energy body development and you can also receive the main advanced techniques directly from himself.

he gives online initiation transmissions, which I believe are probably potent. Maybe might be something for you.

I think these online initiation transmissions is not really as potent as in-person transmission with physically touching you. But I don't know I've never tried it, will try someday.

Edited by m0hsen

On 4/29/2021 at 3:42 PM, Kalo said:

I entered another dimension, primarly a dimension of pure energy, after intense meditation work and smoking weed. After some time I could transfer energy from pretty much anything into myself, and one day I transferred energy from a Shaktipat done by a Guru on yt, which activated my Kundalini and raised my conscious state. 

The Kundalini gave me powers and purified my body to the point of my body becoming a pure super-conducter for energy. My body literally became energy.

Really interesting man, thanks for sharing! :)

Mind sharing the guru's youtube channel?

Edited by m0hsen

"If you bring sufficient balance into your Pranamaya Kosha or the energy body and keep it in a full vibrance, your physical body and psychological body or the mental body, there can be no ill in it"  -Sadhguru

In the above video Sadhguru is also talking about the five koshas.

Edited by m0hsen

I guess this topic is missing the Chinese. You probable do no accupuncture als based on the energysysteem. Qigong is all about energy. (qi= energy) You know those slow movements the chinese make. Or tai-chi also (chi=energy). Not only bringing it up the spine, you can do way more than that.

Mixing heaven and earth energy , into stillness

Hitting the bones (just watch a few secs, otherwise boring)

A whole energetic practice system: Healing Tao , mantak Chia

Edited by TheDao

On 4/29/2021 at 1:59 PM, GreenWoods said:

Did you ever perceive one of these things beyond the energy body?

I do percieve effects that come from beyond the body. Yes if I connect too long with heaven energy I get an overload. Then I feel sick. Its that powerfull.  If I connect shortly to it , I feel a wonderful energy which I circulate through my whole body. Combined with some sexual energy is really heavenly.

Edited by TheDao