Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Accepting the fact that Consciousness is ONLY Here and not anywhere else

31 posts in this topic

Its so fucking undebatable that Consciousness is Real and is in "my" experience. 

You could say "But other people have also Consciousness. You Dont know that".

Right. But that doesnt make Consciousness to be in those bodies, actually. Thats the IDEA of Consciousness being in those bodies. Its not the same! 

Let me repeat It: Consciousness is in those other bodies as an IDEA. But as a Reality, Consciousness is Here!

Consciousness = The actual phenomena of being Conscious. Not an idea.

* Actually* Consciousness is ONLY Here.

This is weeeird man.

5 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Its so fucking undebatable that Consciousness is Real and is in "my" experience. 

Right. But that doesnt make Consciousness to be in those bodies, actually. Thats the IDEA of Consciousness being in those bodies. Its not the same! 

Let me repeat It: Consciousness is in those other bodies as an IDEA. But as a Reality, Consciousness is Here!

Consciousness = The actual phenomena of being Conscious. Not an idea.

* Actually* Consciousness is ONLY Here.

This is weeeird man.

It can be both. "Consciousness" (perception) as we know it is illusory. Source (God, It, Being, whatever you prefer) is a transpersonal thing that is not located anywhere specifically. All beings, including you, are manifested by and abide within this singularity. So really, other people do have minds, just as you have a mind. Mind here being a bundle of thoughts, memories, opinions, etc that are unique to the individual. Nobody, in truth, "has" consciousness. We use consciousness as a shorthand to describe our experience of Being. But Being is both the perceived and the perceiver, or rather, neither/both at once. It is non-dual - beyond duality :)

Here is an idea. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

15 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

If somehow you could even experience other people to see if they have consciousness or not, your experience depends on your own consciousness.

Solipsism is true.

Just now, m0hsen said:

If somehow you could even experience other people to see if they have consciousness or not, your experience depends on your own consciousness.

Solipsism is true.

Just because you cannot verify something is "true" does not mean it's false. If you truly believed in solipsism, you'd be an absolute madman. There would be no need to even respond to this post, because there would just be you speaking to yourself. Being may be one at the source, but we do not exist as pure Source—we are conventionally individuals who communicate by expressing different thoughts from different angles. So, solipsism in a philosophical sense may be unable to be disproven, but I seriously doubt you (or anyone who is not schizo-affective and in the middle of a psychotic episode) truly believes in "real" solipsism (wherein YOU, the individual, are the only conscious mind). 

@OneHandClap I don't think about it at all. I have a normal life with normal relationship with others.

But hey, solipsism is a very strong tool to make you go insane...

but actually maybe you need to go insane because God is insane. Infinity doesn't fit in our limited logic.

Consciousness is not in a place called here. A place called here is an appearance in consciousness.

15 hours ago, OneHandClap said:

but I seriously doubt you (or anyone who is not schizo-affective and in the middle of a psychotic episode) truly believes in "real" solipsism (wherein YOU, the individual, are the only conscious mind). 

This is not 'real' solipsism.. 

When it's realized that 'YOU' are not 'the individual'.. that 'YOU are everything, then it's obvious that the self (everything that there IS) is all that can be known to exist.

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

It can't be weird, cause you'd need a self to think that xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

16 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

This is not 'real' solipsism.. 

When it's realized that 'YOU' are not 'the individual'.. that 'YOU are everything, then it's obvious that the self (everything that there IS) is all that can be known to exist.

I would urge you to look up what solipsism actually means from a philosophical point of view. You are describing a non-dual state of being, in which ALL entities (including what you call "you") are negated. Solipsism is self-centered; it means that only you, Mason Riggle, exist. But that is not true. As I point out below, oneness does not negate individuality. Non-dual means not two; it does not therefore mean "only me." It is beyond both. 

Just because we understand on an intellectual level that there is only God/Source/the Absolute does not mean we are embodying it. True embodiment means recognizing the apparent and conventional existence of other entities as being just as valid as your apparent, conventional existence. Which is why Christ, the Buddha, etc felt compelled to teach others, not just sit around being oneness forever.

15 hours ago, m0hsen said:

@OneHandClap I don't think about it at all. I have a normal life with normal relationship with others.

But hey, solipsism is a very strong tool to make you go insane...

but actually maybe you need to go insane because God is insane. Infinity doesn't fit in our limited logic.

I think there is a kernel of truth to this. The thing is, we simultaneously exist as the infinite and the finite. As you alluded to, we need to recognize and embody both aspects to live a "fulfilling" life. The Infinite manifests itself as the Finite to have experiences, connect, and create. So the individual is not negated within oneness. 

Edited by OneHandClap

2 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

You are describing a non-dual state of being, in which ALL entities (including what you call "you") are negated.

Not 'negated'.. included.  

9 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

Solipsism is self-centered; it means that only you, Mason Riggle, exist.

I'm not sure this is an accurate description of solipsism.  Recognize that it would be silly to think there is a 'Mason Riggle' but not a 'OneHandClap'.  The solipsist view is that 'Mason Riggle' is just more 'content of experience' [mind].. 

"Solipsism is the philosophical idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind." - Wikipedia

Notice the language here... 'one's mind' is sure to exist... it doesn't say anything about 'physical beings' (a Mason Riggle, for example) being sure to exist... in fact, 'the external world' can not be known to exist [outside the mind]. 

5 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Not 'negated'.. included.  

I'm not sure this is an accurate description of solipsism.  Recognize that it would be silly to think there is a 'Mason Riggle' but not a 'OneHandClap'.  The solipsist view is that 'Mason Riggle' is just more 'content of experience' [mind].. 

"Solipsism is the philosophical idea that only one's mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one's own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind." - Wikipedia

Notice the language here... 'one's mind' is sure to exist... it doesn't say anything about 'physical beings' (a Mason Riggle, for example) being sure to exist... in fact, 'the external world' can not be known to exist [outside the mind]. 

It's still circling the same point, which is that solipsism, academically, refers to the idea that you (as an individual) are unsure of other minds (academically speaking: conscious experience) occurring in other individuals. What you are referring to is not solipsism. Solipsism is not taken seriously in the modern world for a reason... which is its self-centric referential system. Being belongs to nobody, but includes all of them. 

Honestly, I think we are likely arguing the same point. I'm just highlighting that solipsism is a fairly well-established word that denotes individual vs other. There are better terms to describe the nature of the Absolute :)

Edit: And if you read my reply to M0hsen, I even explicitly said individuals are NOT negated within the Absolute. I was using that language as a counter to the classical description of solipsism, not as fundamental truth. I apologize for any confusion. 

Edited by OneHandClap

11 minutes ago, OneHandClap said:

I'm just highlighting that solipsism is a fairly well-established word that denotes individual vs other. There are better terms to describe the nature of the Absolute :)

How can 'solipsism' be a word that denotes 'individual' vs 'other' if it also denotes that there is only 'individual'? 

Edited by Mason Riggle

Don't you dare to open another solipsism thread…?

Edited by Tim R

10 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

How can 'solipsism' be a word that denotes 'individual' vs 'other' if it also denotes that there is only 'individual'? 

I think we are running in circles here, but solipsism says "only I know I exist." Therefore, it casts doubt on others as being conscious. A true solipsist sees others as being nothing more than puppets of their own mind. Nonduality says that all beings are equally shared in the experience of Being and consciousness. 

There is an easy way to know if solipsism is the right word. Go up to any enlightened teacher and tell them you are a solipsist. They will either laugh you out the door or kick you in the chest to show how "real" other beings' minds are ;) 

@Tim R "do you even exist, bro?" Where? ?

Edited by Mason Riggle

1 minute ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Tim R do you even exist, bro? Where? ?

@Mason Riggle There's a lot of nobodies on this forum who say I'm not real? do you exist?