Leo Gura

Tell Us How You Got Into Personal Development

196 posts in this topic

Name: Brandon Chew
Occupation: Full Time Student at Camberwell Grammar School, Year 10
Marital Status: Not in a relationship...(Duh)
Hobbies: Personal Development, Enlightenment, Optimising My Life, Learning About Life, Experiencing Life, Studying

How I Got Into Personal Developement?

Superpowers------Psychic Abilities/Subliminals-------Third Eye and Chakras--------Spirituality and Positivity-----Personal Development!

Establishing the foundation for life, an heading towards enlightenment.

Edited by Why?
Adding for Information

Name: Jeremy Collins
Marital Status: Single
Kids: Nope
Hobbies: Personal development, Many forms of art, meditation, learning as much as possible

About 6 years ago I had a strange hunger for knowlege. This lead me to college, which didn't fill the hole. Then I started studying things that realy interested me on my own, this finaly filled the void. It's kind of funny before I jumped into PD I was studying quantum physics. I get the basics, but the more advanced stuff gets hairy. Anyway, I started about 2 years ago "officially", but that initial hunger for knowledge could be considered the turning point.

Personal challenges I've overcome:

I have dealt withsome mild anger issues

Overcome procrastination

Become more organized internaly and externally

I actually started dating (I thought I was going to die a hermit. lol)

I am eating healthier,  and exercising

I've started meditating and haven't missed a day since I started (5 months)

What I'm working on now:

Financial independence

Kicking some bad habits

Getting out more

Studying 2 subjects

Finding my life purpose

Picking what I want to master first

Name: Beka
Marital Status: In a relationship
Kids: No
Hobbies: reading, photography, yoga, jogging, self development, deep conversations

I've come across random personal development books and videos before but a month ago when I came across Leo's video about mastering emotions I was totally knocked out. I admired how well he spoke and how his points made a lot of sense.  Ever since then I analyzed how things were going in my life and how weak I've become mentally as well as emotionally due to a lot of changes that were taking place in my life. But I know deep within myself that I'm much much better than how I am right now and I will achieve great things in my life. Constantly improving <3

• Brain filtering my thoughts too much
  • Being depressed about things that weren't totally under my control
  • Avoiding from putting myself out there, socializing

What I'm working on now:

• Finding my authentic self
  • Finding my life purpose 
  • Building more confidence
  • Keeping myself on track
  • Improving health and diet
  • Financial independence
Edited by Beka

Name:
Marital Status: Married
Hobbies: personal development, travel, nature, life, flying

Ever since I was a kid I have had the nagging feeling that there is more to life than meets the eye.That life was  far more straight forward than people made it. I was always open-minded, less critical and judgmental than others and always trying to analyse everything and everyone, including myself. Always looking for the 'truth'. I guess I began self-improvement when I was about 19 and started becomming very aware of my thoughts, motives, behaviours and interractions with others. I started making changes internally to iron out my negative qualities and improve the positive ones.

Just over a year ago I became quite depressed and felt like victim in life. That was when I happened across Leo's 'How to stop being a victim video'. It blew me away. I connected with the concepts and Leo's style instantly. And that one video changed my perception of myself and people in general. I followed it up with 'Responsibility verses blame' and the mind blowing epiphanies just kept comming. I worked my way through every video. And have been captivated by Actualized.org ever since. I finally had the concepts I had been looking for my whole life and could start to see the truth.. Most of all I was gaining peace of mind.

Things I've overcome:

• Depression
  • Victim mentality
  • Monkey mind
  • Improved emotional intelligence
  • Obsessive compulsive behaviours
  • Being neurotic

Things I'm working on:

• The emotion of guilt
  • Communication skills
  • Finding more inner-peace
  • Meditation and mindfulness
  • Removing toxicity and dysfunction from my life
  • Appreciation and acceptance
  • Bringing passion back in to my life
  • Finding my life purpose/authentic self

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

I find this thread awesome because i'm interested in seeing how people form this community, even if we aim do develop inwards and outwards, tend to manifest in interaction with the rest of the world, so:

Name: Paul Banzea
Marital Status: Dating
Hobbies: meditation, personal development, chess, sport, reading... pizza doesn't count.

I can't really say there is a moment when I got into personal development, I was just really motivated to develop myself, and on the road it became self actualization. I think I  formed the reflex for this because I started playing a team sport in my early adolescence (voley-ball). This made me wanna be good, and also allowed me to see others that wer good/great and that would inspire me to follow and perhaps surpass them. During college I really used those motivational videos and maintaned a healthy lifestyle which allowed me to be efficient, and when results came I loved the feeling of control, satisfaction and even a bit of power over the notions which I studied (but that wasn't very constructive). Meanwhile I gained some life experience (relationships, studying abroad which really took me out of my comfort-zone, understanding different types of people, etc.). When I finished law school and passed the bar exam a job was already waiting for me at a top law firm in Bucharest, I was feeling untoucheble. After I started working I started a slow descent towards depression, and this augmented my wish to better undestand myself and see the real values in my life which led me to meditation, pursuing enlightenment. I'm not even close to enlightenment, but hey, you're life changes for the better from the moment u decide that this is the path u wanna take, so I'm really enjoying the process and I feel that I'm gaining more and more momentum.

Confidence was boosted

No fear in interacting with other

Advanced on my road towards my dream career

Made me understand that self development is a neverending journey

What I'm working on now:

enlightenment, health & diet, becoming a real pro in what I do, also being more authentic in relating to others, other things that don't come to mind right now :D

best regards!

Name: James
Occupation: Guitarist/ Vocalist/ Sound Engineer/ Music Producer/ Songwriter
Kids: I'd like to be a father one day
Hobbies: Enlightenment, meditation, personal development, reading, learning, nature, all kinds of music related things, home cooking, quality entertainment, adventures, exploring!

I had a bit of a turbulent & somewhat lonely childhood but found solace in making music. I founded a band and achieved a little bit of success pretty quickly. I'd finally flown that broken nest & made a start of realising that rockstar dream. I moved in with my first love & became domesticated, worked in a carehome, built up a little home recording studio & everything seemed pretty sweet. After 3 years, we parted amicably but in a certain amount of romantic sorrow, I cast myself to the winds of fate. I became complacent & enjoyed being lost - becoming the whiskey swilling life & soul of any party, dabbling in armchair psychology whilst sharpening my micro expression & body language skills. I pissed off a few people by trying to help them conquer their fears ineptly by opening them up through studies of cold reading. I eventually ended up getting rejected from a relationship for the first time & I did everything to win her back from writing a huge romantic rock ballad to poetry but the more I tried, the more my confidence wore away until I became a shadow of my former self. Like a ghost, I'd watch the world go by - understanding it but not feeling part of it, losing more & more friends as I faded further away into gloom & alcoholism. I rested on my laurels & the band started fizzling out (although I did a couple of tours with another band I joined around this time). I eventually found Leo's "how not to be jealous video whilst trying to find a whitty retort to a friend on facebook. I got hooked! I self actualized my way back to "former glory" then all of a sudden after learning how to meditate & having enlightenment explained to me - my world crashed in one week. Booom - accelerated learning, synchronicity - samadhi, disidentification - hours of strong determination sitting meditation - this weary rational agnostic became a sprit junkie & discovered OBE, a realm of dreams, falling in love with everything - a second run at childhood! Tears of joy. Years of the "rock n' roll" lifestyle became a year of living in semi-isolation like a monk! I studied, wrote & meditated for hours on end, amassing endless notes. A year of nothing passed faster than any other year of my life! Sooo errr - back to the drawing board & back to the world now!

Lack of confidence

Used to be very shy, introverted, and socially awkward

Started a band & achieved most of my initial ambitions very early

Cleaned up my diet - avoiding unnatural ingredients & processed meats as much as possible

Started weightlifting

Many, many insecurities, fears & illusions.

What I'm working on now:

I will be deepening insight & enlightenment forever

Making good connections & relationships

Working on improving my health & diet

Working on being more authentic in relating to others in ways that are both honest & mutually rewarding.

Working on trying to find a way to combine my abilities to earn a living, innovate & truly make a difference in the world.

To synchronise with the laws of nature absolutely.

To be fun, funny & entertaining to enhance my ability to educate, inspire & enlighten.

"give a little & you get it back - it goes around like that." -Minus The Bear

Edited by Binary Encoded Sunset

Name: Alex
Hobbies: personal development, exploring, meditation, learning, nature, environment, working out, reading, playing taiko, 

I got into personal development 3 years ago, when I fell into a depressive state after almost losing my mother and brother to a hurricane. I was doing my last year at university at the time and had a hard time focusing on my studies and maintaining a routine. I got into personal development through reading some self-help books and joining the pickup community. I managed to scrape through university with a degree and flew straight over to Japan to work as an Assistant Language teacher. 

Personal challenges I've overcome (chronologically):

-Fear of heights

-Coming to terms with my bi-racial identity

-Used to be very shy, introverted, and socially awkward

-Used to be emotional unstable and hide my emotions

-No self confidence

-Attracting women

What I'm working on now:

-Self criticism/ condemnation

-Finding a life purpose

-Working on enlightenment

-Working-out and reaching for my physical potential

Working on being more authentic in relating to others

Working on growing

Name: 7thLetter
Hobbies: Bodybuilding, reading, meditation, picking up girls, personal development

Back in high school, I always struggled with being super quiet and barely was able to make any friends. Also had a bunch of huge crushes on several girls but wasn't able to go up to them and have a conversation with them. So this made me take responsibility into my own hands and try and figure out what my problem is. I did a bunch of research and came up with the conclusion that I had Social Anxiety. I then did some more research to go and solve my problem. I started posting a lot on a Social Anxiety forum, and I also came across a Social Anxiety audio product that I completed. Even though I know now that I didn't even have Social Anxiety back then, (It was just my introvert behavior) the audio series was actually pretty helpful. It had techniques that would help me change the way I think, and change the way I think about different situations. It also had positive affirmations, so there were a lot of concepts that are introduced in other self-help products. So I then became more open-minded to other things that would help me improve my life. I looked into hypnosis, then EFT Tapping, and all other sorts of things while in highschool. Now I practice meditation, read, gym, and pick up girls.

- Able to approach almost any girl in public, also leading to being able to make friends

- Improved my personality/social skills. Used to be shy/socially awkward

- A lot more confident in how I carry myself through body language and the way I speak

- Improved my health & fitness

- Reduced the amount of negative thinking that I had, by A LOT.

- Higher level of emotional intelligence

What I'm working on now:

- Consistently working on improving my personality

- Women attraction

- Overall growth in any area of my life

- Finding life purpose and then learning to start a business using it

- Reading about NLP

- Improving my Health & Fitness

Edited by 7thLetter

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Name: Jevin Singh Randhawa
Hobbies: Weightlifting,Meditation,Self Development,Mathematics,Physics,Coding,Philosophy, Combat Sports,Walking my Dogs

The summer of 2014 is really when things went awry, Anxiety and Depression arising. Moving in 2015, severe depression going into Psychosis (Had lost my mind), getting on NoFap is truly what transformed me, as on the brink of suicide I stubbornly resisted giving up on becoming an Engineer, soon hospitalized as I had to deal with a new challenge of being a pedophile/rapist (P-OCD). So I made a plan to go to a close university compound that was situated in  just smash a building with a baseball bat and just jump out, with the help of my doctor, we (Mostly she), Have pushed through. As NoFap was what somehow gave me such strength, I can remember sitting in the waiting room for my psychosis doctor as my Therapist cheerly said "Hello Jevin!! :D" (Due to NoFap's sexual aura or whatever) I went into the bathroom and jerked it as I knew I was on the last line, and the rest was history. Did not really get into self-development until I began watching Elliot Hulse (He was like the father I never had, without any due disrespect to my father) obsessively, as for several months he took me under his wing as my mentor watching his Youtube Videos. Now realize that I have some sort of mission as Twain remarks 

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

• Fearless + Confident
  • Eviscerating a variety of mental ilnesses : Anxiety, Severe Depression, Psychosis, POCD (And not raping woman, or my nephews [Trust me I'd shoot myself before that happened])
  • Ruthless Self-Discipline, ability to instill habits
  • Ease of Socializing, putting on a mask to take on many roles

What I'm working on now:

• Finding Life Purpose, Die in the History Books, Becoming World Class (Or die in the pursuit of [This really is my biggest focus in life])
  • Financial Independence 
  • Becoming a Natural with Woman
  • Spiritual Enlightenment ( And eventually releasing the kundalini serpent)
  • 180lbs at 9% Body Fat
  • Giving back to those in need, and making massive social impact, possibly fixing world issues
  • Reaching the absolute pinnacle of self-actualizing
  • Discover the secrets of the world
  • Go through physical,mental and spiritual torture to become the strongest version of myself and save the world (Turquoise Stage)

Name: Emily
Occupation: Financial and corporate PR... albeit with higher aspirations!
Hobbies: Traveling, yoga, ontology, actualization, nature, reading, meditation, journaling, MUFC

About 18 months ago after being blown out by a guy, a friend recommended a book (The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari) to help change my negative outlook. I’d always been a ‘glass half empty’ kinda person, as I figured if you expect the worst, then you won’t be disappointed. However, the book completely reversed my perspective and I became hooked on spirituality. I guess I've always felt that there's 'something more' and as a kid often pondered some of life's big questions, as well as thinking I was a bit different - potentially somewhat psychic with an ability to see energy. I’ve now read a tonne of other books on various related subjects – positivity; the law of attraction / manifesting; energy; enlightenment...

I’m currently living in In Dubai, which is a big ‘fake’, man-made city, where I feel quite isolated at times despite having a solid friendship group. People look at me like I’m from another planet when I talk to them about the stuff that genuinely interests me, and it’s hard to find like-minded people, so I was pleased to hear about this forum.

I handed in my notice a couple of months ago and next month will be leaving Dubai and quitting the corporate world – working 9-7 on something I’m not 100% passionate about just isn’t my idea of a good life anymore. I’ll be traveling around the world (again) starting in April and hope to complete yoga teacher training in 'green' surroundings, as well as working on enlightenment. Am also trying to slowly wean myself off meat (it's hard!) and curb my party lifestyle :S ... Baby steps!

Edited by Emily

1 hour ago, Emily said:

Name: Emily
Occupation: Financial and corporate PR... albeit with higher aspirations!
Hobbies: Traveling, yoga, ontology, actualization, nature, reading, meditation, journaling, MUFC

About 18 months ago after being blown out by a guy, a friend recommended a book (The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari) to help change my negative outlook. I’d always been a ‘glass half empty’ kinda person, as I figured if you expect the worst, then you won’t be disappointed. However, the book completely reversed my perspective and I became hooked on spirituality. I guess I've always felt that there's 'something more' and as a kid often pondered some of life's big questions, as well as thinking I was a bit different - potentially somewhat psychic with an ability to see energy. I’ve now read a tonne of other books on various related subjects – positivity; the law of attraction / manifesting; energy; enlightenment...

I’m currently living in In Dubai, which is a big ‘fake’, man-made city, where I feel quite isolated at times despite having a solid friendship group. People look at me like I’m from another planet when I talk to them about the stuff that genuinely interests me, and it’s hard to find like-minded people, so I was pleased to hear about this forum.

I handed in my notice a couple of months ago and next month will be leaving Dubai and quitting the corporate world – working 9-7 on something I’m not 100% passionate about just isn’t my idea of a good life anymore. I’ll be traveling around the world (again) starting in April and hope to complete yoga teacher training in 'green' surroundings, as well as working on enlightenment. Am also trying to slowly wean myself off meat (it's hard!) and curb my party lifestyle :S ... Baby steps!

Hey Emily,

Great to see you on here. Interesting story. Sorry to hear about the dude but I am certain you would now admit it may have been the very best thing for you?

Anything that changes a person's outlook from a negative to a positive has to be seen as a huge game changer. Be sure to give yourself credit for the things you have done or are in the process of transitioning into. We all compare ourselves and berate ourselves for perceived mistakes, but some people need to make them before they can develop. Yes, I am of course guilty of all of this myself. I can relate to you - being 31 as well - sometimes I feel as though I should have so much achieved by now, but when I do that I am forgetting about how far I have come.

What type of journals do you write? I have one for relationships (finished, need to buy another), one for life purpose (using it for Leo's course), one for my yearly goals (bit all over the place, but doesn't fit into my other goals) and I have a fourth that I might use to start summarising key concepts from books, leo's videos, other influential programs etc.

I don't know much about energy and manifesting, have to say I was always deeply sceptical about all of that but luckily I have also lost some cynicism about that area of my life (yours may have been pessimism, slightly different). For years I loved to party and all that but I have mainly left that behind. And your frustration with (1) the corporate world and (2) lack of people to speak with. That will change soon, and you message me for a chinwag if needs be.

And... this is the most important point of them all - you support Manchester United? Are you keeping tabs on the Van Gaal, Mourinho scenario?

27 minutes ago, Jackthelad said:

Hey Emily,

Great to see you on here. Interesting story. Sorry to hear about the dude but I am certain you would now admit it may have been the very best thing for you?

Anything that changes a person's outlook from a negative to a positive has to be seen as a huge game changer. Be sure to give yourself credit for the things you have done or are in the process of transitioning into. We all compare ourselves and berate ourselves for perceived mistakes, but some people need to make them before they can develop. Yes, I am of course guilty of all of this myself. I can relate to you - being 31 as well - sometimes I feel as though I should have so much achieved by now, but when I do that I am forgetting about how far I have come.

What type of journals do you write? I have one for relationships (finished, need to buy another), one for life purpose (using it for Leo's course), one for my yearly goals (bit all over the place, but doesn't fit into my other goals) and I have a fourth that I might use to start summarising key concepts from books, leo's videos, other influential programs etc.

I don't know much about energy and manifesting, have to say I was always deeply sceptical about all of that but luckily I have also lost some cynicism about that area of my life (yours may have been pessimism, slightly different). For years I loved to party and all that but I have mainly left that behind. And your frustration with (1) the corporate world and (2) lack of people to speak with. That will change soon, and you message me for a chinwag if needs be.

And... this is the most important point of them all - you support Manchester United? Are you keeping tabs on the Van Gaal, Mourinho scenario?

Hi Jack! Thanks for the response.

Agree wholeheartedly - everything happens for a reason n all that. And I also agree with your sentiment about mistakes - there's no such thing - only lessons in my opinion. And to your point about feeling like your achievements are inadequate.. granted, I don't know your story but it's never too late to start self actualizing. Plus, age is a number and time is an illusion, but that's an entirely different conversation!

Well, I've written a diary every day for the past 18 years (since I was 13 - God knows what I must've written about back then!), so they aren't 'structured' journals as such. Yours sound interesting though - will you publish them?! I'm all for living in the present but I'm sure one day when I'm 90 in my rocking chair I'll enjoy reading my life story and reminiscing! 

Well if someone had told me a couple of years ago about manifesting, I would've called them batshit crazy. But I approach everything now with an open mind, and when you start seeing results it's hard to deny. Energy has always fascinated me and still does.

Indeed, I'm hoping it will all change soon. The most interesting friends I have are the ones I met on various travels. Onwards! 

Ha, yes I do. My guilty pleasure. LVG out! He is worse than Moyes :ph34r:

So what's your story? By the way, just clicked on your profile and we have the same birthday! How cool is that!?

2 hours ago, Emily said:

Hi Jack! Thanks for the response.

Agree wholeheartedly - everything happens for a reason n all that. And I also agree with your sentiment about mistakes - there's no such thing - only lessons in my opinion. And to your point about feeling like your achievements are inadequate.. granted, I don't know your story but it's never too late to start self actualizing. Plus, age is a number and time is an illusion, but that's an entirely different conversation!

Well, I've written a diary every day for the past 18 years (since I was 13 - God knows what I must've written about back then!), so they aren't 'structured' journals as such. Yours sound interesting though - will you publish them?! I'm all for living in the present but I'm sure one day when I'm 90 in my rocking chair I'll enjoy reading my life story and reminiscing! 

Well if someone had told me a couple of years ago about manifesting, I would've called them batshit crazy. But I approach everything now with an open mind, and when you start seeing results it's hard to deny. Energy has always fascinated me and still does.

Indeed, I'm hoping it will all change soon. The most interesting friends I have are the ones I met on various travels. Onwards! 

Ha, yes I do. My guilty pleasure. LVG out! He is worse than Moyes :ph34r:

So what's your story? By the way, just clicked on your profile and we have the same birthday! How cool is that!?

Hello again Emily,

I have no interest in publishing any of them; the relationship one is a tangled mess, and is half-filled with notes from other authors (which gave me the idea to summarise books in a journal in the future), Leo's one is, well, all his material and my random thoughts, the other one is really all over the shop... I'm still figuring out what I am doing with it. They are more functional than narratives of any kind.

I do enjoy writing generally, may start a blog on here to help the process, typing seems so much easier that longhand, and I find it flows better as well.

Jesus, my story... well first of all, I don't wear glasses, so my profile picture is inauthentic! I don't know why I choose that one. Think I was trying to be a hipster for the picture, and now It makes me laugh.

But there is more to me than the picture. I was born on the same day as you(!!!), in Ireland, and I've been trying to make sense of it ever since. Where where you born? I'm guessing the U.K., or the U.S.?

UNITED COMMENT: Well, I'm dreaming we could get Pochettino, Van Gaal has to go. Mourinho might galvanise the team for the next two years, driven by his desire to beat Guardiola,  but by 2019 he'll be gone, the players will be burnt out,  and the club's youth system might not be in a great state. But I'd still take that over the endless-money-spent-and-wasted and nothing-much-else development of Van Gaal's era, even if he does bleed in some youngsters. He sold Hernandez for like 10 million, the fool!

You see what keeps me up at night!? 

15 hours ago, Jackthelad said:

Hello again Emily,

I have no interest in publishing any of them; the relationship one is a tangled mess, and is half-filled with notes from other authors (which gave me the idea to summarise books in a journal in the future), Leo's one is, well, all his material and my random thoughts, the other one is really all over the shop... I'm still figuring out what I am doing with it. They are more functional than narratives of any kind.

I do enjoy writing generally, may start a blog on here to help the process, typing seems so much easier that longhand, and I find it flows better as well.

Jesus, my story... well first of all, I don't wear glasses, so my profile picture is inauthentic! I don't know why I choose that one. Think I was trying to be a hipster for the picture, and now It makes me laugh.

But there is more to me than the picture. I was born on the same day as you(!!!), in Ireland, and I've been trying to make sense of it ever since. Where where you born? I'm guessing the U.K., or the U.S.?

UNITED COMMENT: Well, I'm dreaming we could get Pochettino, Van Gaal has to go. Mourinho might galvanise the team for the next two years, driven by his desire to beat Guardiola,  but by 2019 he'll be gone, the players will be burnt out,  and the club's youth system might not be in a great state. But I'd still take that over the endless-money-spent-and-wasted and nothing-much-else development of Van Gaal's era, even if he does bleed in some youngsters. He sold Hernandez for like 10 million, the fool!

You see what keeps me up at night!? 

Tangled mess, lol. 

I've also considered a blog but at the moment not sure where I'd start with it, and it feels slightly narcissistic when I haven't found inspiration re what to say! I will write a book one day though.

Yep, born and bred in Manchester, hence the United affinity. Pep is still a sore subject for me and I'm not liking that two of my fave managers (him and Klopp) are at our biggest rivals! I feel this is the wrong forum for a football discussion though... :$

Name: Daniel
Hobbies: Kickboxing, reading, creative writing, rapping, dancing

It all began when one, first experiences a real taste of defeat. An eye opener as he would describe it! Before this, life was so innocent, what once was seen as a fairy tale has been slaughtered. There was a time when he perceived her to be perfection, a time when he believed nothing could bring them apart. Until one day she decided their time had expired. The relationship's demise was inevitable, but he was in denial.

It was only a matter of time before reality set in. When it happened his life changed forever, his perception altered. No longer did he perceive her as perfection, but a disease. He was no longer captivated by her, now nauseated! Out of the infinite number of possibilities and reasons why she left him, nobody will ever know. It was no longer relevant, he made the choice to believe he was no longer good enough.

Although this feeling of emotional turmoil was intensely painful, he made another choice, the choice to use this pain as fuel, the choice to use all the negativity, and concentrate it into a ball of positive energy, using it to personally develop himself, using it as motivation, using it as power, using it to become unstoppable. No longer was he upset, but grateful. Grateful for the fact that it all ended for a reason, grateful for salvation . . . . 

he will never be the same again.

(Sorry felt like writing that in the third person)

Daniel

Name: Clay Curl
Hobbies: personal development, weightlifting, audiobooks, learning, computer programming, entrepreneurship, meditating

I got into personal development in 2015 when I started to do freelance web design work, as an alternative to a full-time job. It was an amazing feeling to be in control of my day-to-day activities, except I soon realized I was spending most of my time playing games, spending little-to-no time working, and not earning a decent salary. I had become my own boss, but I wasn't a very good one. It was at that point I realized that I need better myself and become more self-disciplined, in order to freelance effectively. This path soon expanded into seeking personal development in all areas of my life. I am currently striving to be a successful serial entrepreneur.

• Quit smoking, online gaming, and watching television
  • Developed life goals and projected milestones

What I'm working on now:

• Improving my social abilities and charisma, as a natural introvert
  • Becoming financially independent
  • Launching a successful business
  • Improving my health & fitness
  • Reaching my potential
  • Enlightenment
Edited by Clay Curl

Zane Chesivoir

Age-22

Gender-Male 

Hobbies-Discovering new passions, creative writing, watching movies, going to the theater, listening to music, studying history, learning about life purpose, learning about folklore and mythology, learning about alternative lifestyles and nonconformity, learning about religion. 

Occupation-currently a college student 

Marital Status-Single 

Kids-no 

I got into personal development ever since my childhood. I struggled with Aspergers Syndrome, i struggled academically, and I always struggled with identifying with people and making friends and socializing with women and motor skills, and thinking too literally. I spent years in group therapy to learn how to socialize, occupational therapy to improve my motor skills, speech therapy to learn how to understand jokes and not be as literal a thinker. I had personal therapy! I had heavy math tutoring. My peak experiences consist of listening to and reading stories, watching movies, watching theater and listening to music because these moments have been glowing moments of inspiration. I've always had a deep passion for creativity and I express my creativity through creative writing. 

Challenges I've Overcome

1. Transitioning to Special Education classes to mainstream classes to Honors, AP classes, and International Baccalaureate classes 

2. I overcome a bad semester in college and I'm doing well in my classes so far 

3. Overcoming my struggle with social skills 

Accomplishments

1. I wrote a large quantity of creative writing 

2. Met amazing people online and in person 

3. Got accepted into a college that i love 

4. Succeeding in my college classes and my advanced high school classes 

What I Want To Achieve

1. I want to align my life with a purpose aligned with my passions and create my own values 

2. I want to dedicate my life to travel and not work a 9 to 5 job. 

3. I want to master creativity and eliminate writer's block 

4. I want to master self-actualization. 

5. I want to create an amazing, inspiring and rich life. 

I watched oprah and the had a book advertized, happiness now by Robert holden. An okay self help book but leo videos are alot better

Name: Ray 
Martial Status: Single 
Kids: 7 ahah (nope). 
Hobbies: Personal development, meditation, pick up, watch quality movies, stand up comedy, improve my organisation system, improve my diet, video games. 

September 2015, I turn 18 and I still never had a relationship with a girl... around the begging of October finally I meet and start a sex friend relationship. She is particular: it's the first person that I truly believe is mature (but I still believe I'm more mature ahah) and she have a particular prospective on life, which is based on a concept called "enlightenment". I value truth and I love speaking about important idea and concepts so I continue to argue with her about enlightenment and while I try to demonstrate that it's a stupid idea I slowly begin to realise that maybe I'm the one who have a false prospective on life. Meanwhile, always for the "relationship" I research technique and stuff for improve the sex life and I stumble on Leo's channel, and I immediately think he's a great and truly mature guy and because of my new interest on enlightenment/spirituality and the discover of a profound interest on psychology and personal development, I start to meditate 15 min every day. From then I started to watch more and more of leo's videos and practicing technique, and now it's been more than 1 year that I'm following him. And I'm so grateful to have made this choice.  
In synthesis: for improving sex life, then for cool ideas/quality of channel related with my passion, and then even for spiritual material. 

Personal challenges that I've overcome: 
- a powerful procrastination that lead me to never follow on school (even if I was really interested, I was just lazy). 
- being and feeling as "the loser".
- being more confident with girls: I've had multiple "relationships" since then (still not a true one ahah), but I feel I can attract almost every girl that I want. 
- Not having a clear prospective in life (HUGE ONE): I was religious (childhood) and then atheist (teenage-early adulthood) and I now I finally have a prospective that I sincerely consider valuable, that I accept and love, which is "actualising" (personal development & enlightenment... a belief &"non belief" -which is a non belief ahah-). 
- Facing my parents, express what I truly feel and believe. I let my father convince me to change university when I was loving what I was studying for learning economy in another university... but I've change again university and now I'm "following my bliss" :)
- And in general being so much more confident, more authentic and more independent of the opinion of the others. I'm not anymore the "loser", I'm neither "the cool guy", I just try to be myself and -amazingly- it works! 
- Learned to make positive affirmations, visualisations, death contemplation, and from january 2015 I now meditate 1 hours every day! 

What I'm working on now: 

- Finding my Life Purpose (through leo's life purpose course; and I'm facing soo much resistance). Understand if my passion is cinema or personal development or an harmony between those 2 or something else (or cabin on the woods -cabin on the woods it's always a choice ahah, and we now that we are all gonna end up like this ahah-). 
- Getting better with girls. 
- Improve my organisation system, in particular my daily-weekly-mothy-yearly plan, and my morning routine 
- Working on enlightenment. Learning not just meditation but even mindfulness. 
- Improving my diet. 
- Remove other bad habits and create new one. 
- Finding other "actualised" persons who I can have a sincere good relationship 
- Study for my university (at the end of the list ahah) 

Thank you too much Leo; and thanks you too reader, and every other person on this forum: I feel good when I'm here :)

Edited by Ray

SoulBass, I'm a 25 old man living in France.

Hobbies : bouldering/rockclimbing, and riding my bike.

When I was 17, I discovered a tiny book on buddhism in my parent's library, I start questionning myself about what is reality.

On 18 I watched "Zeitgeist" documentaries (which I think are kinda subjectives now) and become vegetarian.

On the same time I discover Eckart Tolle' audio books (in my native language) that I listen every night on my mp3 player, as I fall asleep. I start to recognize emotions, and have some "spiritual" insights.

On my 19, I feel an inexplicable pain coming from nowhere, such a metaphysical crisis (thinking backward, it was linked with teenager's hormones). In this period I listen to pink floyd 24/7, discover Lovecraft novels, read all the books I can find on H.R. Giger, and fall in love with paintings of Edward Hopper and Egon Schiele (my studdies was arts oriented).

On 20, I continue reading books, on several topics such as psychology, NLP, kaizen, subconscious... and practice meditation. A friend of mine advise me to read "The Game" by Neil Strauss, which I read in 3 days.

From 21 to 23 I'm very busy with studies and my girlfriend, so that I don't have time to spend on self-help.

On 24 (last year) A friend of mine at work, tells me about Actualized' videos.

Last 12 months I've been questioning myself about my job/career, and felt the need for a change.

I bought the Life' Purpose course this summer (which I've almost finished) though that it would be the perfect "springboard" for my job change.

I've learnt so much things that I've did not expected in this course, thanks for this.

My plans for future : life purpose, doing more meditation and raising more awareness, and doing more lucid dreams (something I want to explore in my life, I'm still at my first steps).

(I don't try to overcome my weaknesses, I just let them flow and let things happens...)

Edited by Soulbass