perlita

Low Thyroid, Hashimoto's, Autoimmune

21 posts in this topic

I'd like to start this topic to share helpful tips on how to deal with this mysterious condition which seems to be turning into a pandemic.  Just like Leo, I've been living with low thyroid, and it's debilitating to say the least. At the same time, Western medicine has been absolutely useless, I've been repeated called crazy for inquiring about different types of diets and supplements, and told that there is nothing I can do but take the pill aka synthetic thyroid medication. 

Things that seem to be working: going gluten free and alcohol free, supplementing with selenium, Vitamin D and Vitamin B.  I've done elimination diets but need to get back on that wagon.  Another interesting piece of the puzzle - my integrative doctor thinks my thyroid may be reacting to badly treated root canals from gazillion years ago. Going to see an integrative dentist next (sic! there is such thing) 

@Leo Gura, do you mind sharing what has worked for you?  Super curious if water fast has made any difference at the end. 

Diet seems to be the most important factor. You probably have autoimmunity due to diet or toxins that you consume or are already lodged in your body. So you need to do serious elimination dieting to discover which foods your body tolerates, and you need to do some serious detoxing of heavy metals, plastics, pesticides, etc. -- and of course eliminate them as much as possible from your diet.

If you want to do a serious elimination diet, 100% carnivore can be a good options for 30 days. That allows you eliminate all plant food, which tends to cause autoimmunity. Or fasting. But fasting for long term is very hard and will introduce other problems so it will be hard to tell how you feel.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@neutralempty You assume it's good bacteria, but what if it's bad?

You cannot apply the logic of people who don't have autoimmunity to those who do. It's a totally different ballgame. It's like giving someone who's allergic to peanuts more and more nuts.

I'm not saying carnivore diet is good long-term. It's a specific tool for dealing with autoimmune conditions. Think of it as the ultimate elimination or elemental diet.

When all said and done, the answer to autoimmunity  lies potentially in either Fecal transplants or an Immune system reboot altogether. The carnivore diet helps with the amelioration of the symptoms not the stoppage of autoimmune activity. Took many years for me to get it............

@Leo Gura Phil Escot often talks about carnivore diet AND awakening. 

Edited by perlita

@Leo Gura I'm just reading through "Immune System Recovery Plan" and am at the section of elimination diets (for her, the main ones are soy, dairy, sugar, and corn).  Do you think her theories and approaches are missing anything significant?  Where do you think she's pretty dead on?

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

@Matt23 The problem with elimination diets is that you may have to eliminate a lot of stuff to get to the root cause -- which can be difficult to do and to sustain.

Also, diet is not the only factor. It might be heavy metal toxicity, or the water you drink, or the shampoo you use, or the plastics you consume. So you have to eliminate all those factors as well.

And even then, you might have developed leaky gut, or SIBO, or something else which requires further action to heal.

But yeah, eliminating gluten and dairy and junk food should probably be your first move. But that's just the beginning.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem with elimination diets is that you may have to eliminate a lot of stuff to get to the root cause

Which I guess is why doing something like water fasting or a carnivore diet for a while, or maybe even just eating a few choice food items, can be beneficial.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

But yeah, eliminating gluten and dairy

What's the problem with dairy and when you say dairy, do you mean cheese and better too?

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

33 minutes ago, Eren Eeager said:

What's the problem with dairy and when you say dairy, do you mean cheese and better too?

Yes, all dairy products. Dairy sensitivities are very common, not to mention the hormones and chemicals that can be present in it.

Yes, all dairy products. Dairy sensitivities are very common, not to mention the hormones and chemicals that can be present in it.

@Leo Gura Hey there good sir Leo. Do you think that dairy is a big cause of acne in people? I have a lot more acne than other people my age and I ingest a lot of dairy. I also heard in your video on buying healthy food that you had a lot acne too when you ate/drank dairy. So, is dairy a big cause of acne?

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

1 hour ago, diamondpenguin said:

@Leo Gura Hey there good sir Leo. Do you think that dairy is a big cause of acne in people? I have a lot more acne than other people my age and I ingest a lot of dairy. I also heard in your video on buying healthy food that you had a lot acne too when you ate/drank dairy. So, is dairy a big cause of acne?

For me dairy does not cause acne, but certain food additives do. I only get acne if I eat out at fast food and other such restaurants. I never get acne if I cook my own food.

But you may be different. If you do a strict elimination diet and cook all your own food you can quickly discover what is the cause of your acne. Acne occurs about 3-6hrs after eating something your body reacts too.

@Leo Gura Was your sibo eliminated by the water fast?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura Was your sibo eliminated by the water fast?

No

I will explain more in a future blog video.

I found a better way.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

For me dairy does not cause acne, but certain food additives do. I only get acne if I eat out at fast food and other such restaurants. I never get acne if I cook my own food.

But you may be different. If you do a strict elimination diet and cook all your own food you can quickly discover what is the cause of your acne. Acne occurs about 3-6hrs after eating something your body reacts too.

Ok, from what you are saying elimination dieting and cooking ones own food is to be the method to solve what is the acne problem. I will go do that right now, and thanks for taking time out of your life to help me out. It really means the world. Good luck on your book. ✌?

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

6 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

Ok, from what you are saying elimination dieting and cooking ones own food is to be the method to solve what is the acne problem.

It may be.

You have to understand that such health conditions usually have dozens of possible causes, not one. So you need to troubleshoot them all until you find yours. Do not assume there is one universal cause or solution.

@perlita autoimmunity is a great mystery because unlike things like coeliac (despite it being autoimmune too) we cannot pinpoint them to a single cause. While the main mediator is an immune system, the cause is rarely immunological. The immune system is on overdrive because foreign antigens are making their way into the body and these can often resemble the amino acid structure of out own cells (e.g. thyroid cells). 

Gut health is one of the most significant accelerators of all autoimmunity. If you have root canals, it is possible that that has been creating a mucosal permeability in your mouth and antigens have been falling through triggering an immunological reaction. The dentist may be able to shed more light on it but I believe in a same way you have "leaky gut" you can have leaky stomach and even a leaky "mouth" meaning permeable dental mucosa. This is when gluten or dairy avoidance helps but they are never the cause, more like they simply contain proteins that can fall through or open up tight junctions for other stuff to come in. 

Lack of vitamin D is also a great accelerator of autoimmunity because it strengthens the immunological tolerance of your T-cells so they don't attack your own tissue. 

Your microbiome health is also important here because microbiota is an immunomodulator

other things like chronic deficiencies will also play a part here 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 4/4/2021 at 5:40 AM, Michael569 said:

autoimmunity is a great mystery

Anthony Williams clearly explains the truth cause of autoimmune disease. You can check any of his books or Thyroid Healing specificly.

@mavelezm be careful not to put experts on pedestal and ideolize them, a lot of what Anthony says is pure bogus. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 4/4/2021 at 3:40 AM, Michael569 said:

Gut health is one of the most significant accelerators of all autoimmunity.

@Michael569 Thank you for your detailed response. Curious if you have any thoughts on Carnivore diet?