Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tim R

How to stop spiritual bypassing?

7 posts in this topic

Spiritual bypassing is a real problem for me and I have to stop it. 

I feel like I've "brainwashed" myself with all kinds of ideas about life in order to escape reality. When I started my journey a couple of years ago, I had just moved out from home and enjoyed the freedom. But instead of creating a solid foundation for my life, I kept bumbling around, smoking weed, listening to Alan Watts talking about how reality isn't serious and life's just a game yadayadayada. You know the drill. So this of course is just perfect to reject a responsible and solid way of living. 

I want to... well, not "go back" to the basics, because I know that there's only moving forward, but stop the bypassing and build a proper life without giving up spirituality (because I love it). And yet, spirituality is still more ideas than actuality for me, although I've had a couple of real and deep experiences. So I know it's real and I know that it's worthwhile and I'm not gonna say "ok f*ck spirituality, it made my life worse" no, spirituality is great but I think I'll have to be honest about it and admit that maybe I'm not yet mature enough to really go deep with it. As Jung said, the first half of life is to develop the ego and the second half is to prepare for death. So... that's probably a good plan. 

What concrete steps should I implement?  

Thank you❤

@Tim R it seems like you're always looking for an escape. I suggest you try to incorporate pd or personal development along with your spiritual practice. That would be perfect in my opinion. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

43 minutes ago, Tim R said:

I feel like I've "brainwashed" myself...

(because I love it)

Feeling is the key.

What you have always wanted, above all else, is to feel good. This is not a bad thing, and you are not making a mistake wanting to feel good.

Always listen to your feeling. What does not feel good about spirituality, let that go. What does not feel good about your self-image, let that go. What does not feel good about your life, let that go. Feeling is always now, and always directly available. Take refuge there.

"Feeling is the language of the soul"

"Joy, truth, love. These three are interchangeable, and one always leads to the other."

- Conversations with God

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

The hardest part is ordering the dreamboard. 

We likes our ideas of spirituality. 

Nobody actually wants to create change. 

Nobody can do anything. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Visionno one send me private messages requesting help unless I say it’s okay to do so via comments. Vision I’d like you to meet @Nahm I’m sure he’d know plenty more about emotional intelligence than I, firstly I’d like to say, Nahm thank you for all your contributions to this forum you make a pivotal difference on the dynamics here, secondly, Vision if you’re more polite and courteous than myself I’m sure Nahm would be delighted to help you on the subject. Best of luck and thank you again Nahm

Edited by Origins

@Origins  ?? 

@Tim R By nobody, of course I mean interest, love, passion, desire, and synchronicity ensues. Make a dreamboard, start putting anything you think of that you like on it. What you want, that you may not quite know yet, comes from the expression of what you do and don’t want, and believe it or not, it’ll come from the ‘bumbling around’. It’s magical, and direct experience only. Also, take Leo’s life purpose course. That’s kind of a no brainer. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Create "projects" for anything important you do and just do them.
Lets say x10, 30 minute meditation sessions, spread across 10 days. Set a deadline and just go.

I feel like these projects are a good way to cure this spiritual bypassing. Its not that you were into spirituality, its the approach. Many, including me are guilty of the same mistake. Its watching and reading content without doing actual work. you need to focus on finding a good way to do the labor consistently, regardless of what your thing is. Else you'll dick around.