Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bach

Recreational use of psychedelics

13 posts in this topic

I don't like any of the substances usually used for recreation (alcohol,weed).  Actually, the only substances that I 'm inclined to use are psychedelics (and MDMA but it makes me very foggy for 4-5 days).   

When I started using psychedelics for consciousness work, I was hesitating to take them for recreation. But I 've realized that altered states in social settings can still be beneficial even if it's just for having more fun. So during the last 12 months I 've taken psychedelics 2 times for recreational use  (low dose, max. half a blotter).

What do you think are the dangers with that and what would you consider a healthy limit (frequency and quantity). And any other insight would be highly appreciated!

I no longer do this, but what brought me into spirituality was recreational use of psychedelics. Particularly combining psychedelics like LSD with dissociatives like ketamine. Recreational use of anything that produces a powerful change in consciousness is called being a junkie.

If psychedelics are not addictive comparison to weed and MDMA than what is wrong with recreational use of psychedelics? My brother use recreational LSD. I think that is  way more healthier then for him to use weed, MDMA, adderall and ketamine for recreational puropse.

If people want to use recrational drugs, why not just use psychedelics, instead of MDMA, adderall, coke, opiod, alcohol and weed.

2 hours ago, The0Self said:

Recreational use of anything that produces a powerful change in consciousness is called being a junkie.

Come on bro this is a bit harsh.. the word junkie is so dirty, I think no fellow being should be called trash

I see no problem with recrational use of psychedelics. There is basically no down side to it and they will make you a better person even if you just do them for fun, at least that happened to me and all of my friends.

Of course if you do it every day or multiple days a week this will be a problem but you should be fine using them once or twice a month in moderate dosages.

3 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

Come on bro this is a bit harsh.. the word junkie is so dirty, I think no fellow being should be called trash

I see no problem with recrational use of psychedelics. There is basically no down side to it and they will make you a better person even if you just do them for fun, at least that happened to me and all of my friends.

Of course if you do it every day or multiple days a week this will be a problem but you should be fine using them once or twice a month in moderate dosages.

I don't really see a problem with it either. I may have came across the wrong way. I've been a jhana junkie in the past -- can't say it did anything other than benefit me, but that's because it was coming from within and actually opposing neediness, rather than reinforcing it.

I was also a legit heroin (and crack) junkie a while back, so yeah, I ain't judging by any means :)

Edited by The0Self

11 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

The thing is that I believe that everything comes with a cost. That cost is that i want to investigate and weight the pros and cons.

11 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

I actually got MORE benefits from LSD when I stopped trying to "find all the answers man" and all that egotistical bullshit; the recreational attitude can be more appropriate if you're someone who tends to be uptight which I was back then. Just letting go of expectations and NEEDING anything from it paradoxically lead me to learn more. Granted I was still hoping for something spiritual but it wasn't done with a seriousness that I think some people in this forum have. A massive insight psychedelics teach you is to stop taking yourself and life so seriously; it makes the ego games people like politicians play become hilarious. 

9 hours ago, The0Self said:

I was also a legit heroin (and crack) junkie a while back, so yeah, I ain't judging by any means 

Damn I knew about the heroin but the crack is new to me lol

1 hour ago, Bach said:

That cost is that i want to investigate and weight the pros and cons.

Yeah the price you pay is your ignorance.

@acidgoofy Almost every heroin user I knew also used crack/coke (same exact thing the way we were using them), simply bc dealers nearly always sold both. Speedballs.

@Bach To answer your question recreational use of psychedelics is okay in itself under proper set and settings. They are more beneficial when used with a purpose as a tool though. You really dont want to be using them in a party scene because you really wont be able to turn inward which is where the real growth happens as well as other people do indeed influence the quality of the trip and influence your thoughts and reactions to circumstance. Its not something you want to be wasting on trying to have fun on the weekends. Using in a group setting tho with friends who are also on the path of raising ones consciousness where you are all using it as a tool can be very beneficial because you have other to people to communicate experience with and compare and contrast as well as investigate the distinctions between self and other. Personally, I have had an experience where my friend and myself took LSD, 2 liquid gel tabs. At which on moment we were talking to each other and all of a sudden we mirrored each other exactly. I moved my arm from my side and slowly raised it and he did the same, our arms moved in unison as if I was looking into a mirror, I closed my eyes and seen a strange circular object black and white in color some form of torus or almost yin yang  in my minds eye, as I opened my eyes he too was opening his eyes and I described what I had just witness he said he too saw exactly what I described in his minds eye. So my interpretation of that was that we became one. There was no distinction between self and other, down to the very mechanics of body movements and thought. It was as if I was one being living through 2 bodies which makes sense when you understand what God is, one being. I gained a massive insight into the nature of reality and understand now how we are not our bodies and how we imagine everything and everyone. I dont think the object in mind was very important but rather the collapse of duality into a Unity. So if your taking psychedelic for recreation to experience with others then I see value in it because my experience into that insight was facilitated by having another person there. This is the potential psychedelics can have when done with others. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

On 2/24/2021 at 2:42 PM, Bach said:

What do you think are the dangers with that and what would you consider a healthy limit (frequency and quantity). 

If a substance brings enjoyment, there is is risk of being dependent on the substance to enjoy life. There is no physical dependence with psychedelics, yet with some people there can be a psychological dependence. 

For someone new with psychedelics, I would say it is sustainable to have one strong trip per month or two moderate trips per month or four mild Mini-dose trips per month. Yet this also depends on the person, If someone is already well-adjusted to life, psychedelics would add some adventure  to their already good life. Yet if someone is using psychedelics to escape dealing with life sober, it is a different dynamic.

Dosages  differ depending on the person. For most people, a moderate dosage would be 75-100ug LSD or about 1.5g shrooms. This can get one into the fun zone, without a lot of strain on the mind and body. Twice a month at this dosage could be sustainable. 

I would recommend taking the lowest dosage that puts you into the fun zone. I consider it a “museum dose”. The dosage that can turn a boring museum into a fascinating adventure. For me, that is about 50ug of LSD.

On 2/24/2021 at 11:42 AM, Bach said:

What do you think are the dangers with that and what would you consider a healthy limit (frequency and quantity). And any other insight would be highly appreciated!

People can be prescriptive about how you should or should not use psychedelics, but I like to promote a more laissez-faire approach. Listen to your heart and guts about whether you're using them in a way that's in harmony with yourself. Psychedelics are agnostic, there are many many ways to use them, and that includes pure fun and recreation.

I would say to keep your recreational doses moderate. @Forestluv's recommendations for dosage and frequency are spot-on, I'd second everything they said. Don't treat psychedelics like toys, and also don't be puritanical about them, life doesn't need to be serious all the time. It's great to taste all of rich colours and textures this life has to offer.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

For me personally, there is literally no difference between recreational use of psychedelics and serious / spiritual use. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”