Vibroverse

Honest Question

33 posts in this topic

Is there really any difference between a dream and what we habitually call reality? And if this is a dream then I will probably dream your answers into being in a sense, so I cannot trust your answers. If you say this is not a dream, then, it won't actually convince me, because it looks and works like a darn dream and I don't know where the frickin real line between a dream and "reality" is. I just don't know if there is a darn real frickin line like that at all. 

LoA and stuff like that are darn real, come on. That's darn obvious, so "reality" definitely has a mental aspect to it, a big mental aspect. I'm just wondering if it is completely, 100% mental, 100% mind "stuff". 

Edited by Vibroverse

2 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Is there really any difference between a dream and what we habitually call reality? 

There is no dream or reality. There is what you are experiencing right now. 

What is it? 

I don't fucking know. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

There is no dream or reality. There is what you are experiencing right now. 

What is it? 

I don't fucking know. 

This looks like my frickin self. 

10 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

LoA and stuff like that are darn real, come on. That's darn obvious, so "reality" definitely has a mental aspect to it, a big mental aspect. I'm just wondering if it is completely, 100% mental, 100% mind "stuff".

Comparing life to dreams will give you good insights. Their fundamental structure is very similar, if not the same.

What you've done is you've taken certain parts of your mind and labelled them "physical" and "not a part of my mind". Sneaky ego.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

4 minutes ago, Osaid said:

Comparing life to dreams will give you good insights. Their fundamental structure is very similar, if not the same.

What you've done is you've taken certain parts of your mind and labelled them "physical" and "not a part of my mind". Sneaky ego.

Even when we say they are very similar, if not the same, we still are labeling "something", even if we don't know what it exactly is, as "physical". 

@Vibroverse in your question.... you already assumed that we have two distinct things.. Dreams.. And reality.  You already assumed the difference and then you ask if there is a difference?? Of course the answer is yes and no.  That's why it's better to not categorize the present moment and then you have direct access to absolute Truth exactly as it is. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

14 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

And if this is a dream then I will probably dream your answers into being in a sense, so I cannot trust your answers.

Yes. And neither can you trust your memories or thoughts.

If someone shows you a juicy fruit and 999 people say it is sweet and 1 person says it's not sweet, then the likelihood is still 50%. You are just imagining their answers. Like daydreaming. This becomes really freaky when you apply that to enlightenment and Reality itself. Nothing that anyone has ever said really means anything. It could be completely different. You are alone and have nothing to rely on.

Also notice that you have no idea where you are. Unless you are looking out the window, you don't know whats going on outside. There might be mountains. You might be in a forest, a city, on a ship!!! It might be winter or summer. You have no idea. If you fully get this, it gets very freakyxD

Trust your own feelings. Truth feels like joy/peace/happiness. ;) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 minutes ago, allislove said:

Yeah, even if the teachers who teach this says something that is not feeling like that to me, I need to trust my own feeling. I need to cultivate this trust to a completion, in 100% of my "life", 100%, not even 99.999999%.

6 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

Yes. And neither can you trust your memories or thoughts.

If someone shows you a juicy fruit and 999 people say it is sweet and 1 person says it's not sweet, then the likelihood is still 50%. You are just imagining their answers. Like daydreaming. This becomes really freaky when you apply that to enlightenment and Reality itself. Nothing that anyone has ever said really means anything. It could be completely different. You are alone and have nothing to rely on.

Also notice that you have no idea where you are. Unless you are looking out the window, you don't know whats going on outside. There might be mountains. You might be in a forest, a city, on a ship!!! It might be winter or summer. You have no idea. If you fully get this, it gets very freakyxD

Yeah, if all of them are like that in a sense, then I am totally doomed in an awesome sense. Because everyone can and does be fickle from time to time. How can I frickin trust them if I am frickin manifesting them and their responses, if it is all a frickin mirror?

@Vibroverse

Yep. Notice though that the need to change something appears to distance you from joy/peace/happiness. Deep breathing, appreciating whatever is here, following the best feeling thought, relaxing appears to make you closer to it. Godspeed.  

30 minutes ago, allislove said:

Well it feels exactly as God you know. Love, tell me how to shrug it off so I can get that peace. 

Jed and his rapture. Just hahaVarus give me back my legions lol. 

Need to forget but dunno how to return back, life.... 

Transport me back in time to be mongol and do lovely things in Baghdad. 

Bet it was so cool. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Just look at experience and see that dream is also Reality, maybe dreaming is all that there is to Reality in one way or another?

There is no transition really from waking to sleep to dream it just flows automatically without effort.

Experience is experiencing Experience ?

What label we put on Reality is not that, infinite is the best word imo, but really look at how well it is functioning? What an intelligence it is that runs the show, amazing how well it works. Divine 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

4 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Well it feels exactly as God you know. Love, tell me how to shrug it off so I can get that peace. 

'you' can't get it, peace just is, unconditional ;)

Why does nobody talk about a PAIN, when speaking about a dream and a reality? For me the essential difference between them is pain - no pain in dream, but in reality. Isn´t it obvious? How can they be the same? Even if I am in a state of eternal blissfulness psycologically, the physical pain won´t be missing.

2 minutes ago, Hulia said:

Why does nobody talk about a PAIN, when speaking about a dream and a reality? For me the essential difference between them is pain - no pain in dream, but in reality. Isn´t it obvious? How can they be the same? Even if I am in a state of eternal blissfulness psycologically, the physical pain won´t be missing.

You can have darn "physical" pains in dream state as well. 

3 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

You can have darn "physical" pains in dream state as well. 

I have never had a physical pain in dreams. 

1 minute ago, Hulia said:

I have never had a physical pain in dreams. 

You've been lucky enough not to. 

3 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

You've been lucky enough not to. 

I didn´t even know it is possible :) But... if it is possible to have a physical pain in the dream, does it automatically mean, that it should be also possible to have NO physical pain in reality?