StarStruck

People who feel threatened by you

8 posts in this topic

So I started talking to girls and just try to keep it light and simple. Key words are fun, light hearted and good vibes. 

I also talk to some new guys and I never brag. I intensively don't talk about what I do with my LP. Tons of books that I read and the other regular stuff like meditation, contemplation and self inquiry. 

Somehow people just feel that I'm more developed than they and I can sense that they feel threatened. Obviously not everybody but it happens more than I would like it to happen. Again: I never throw around with knowledge. It is just my gravitas. Personally I think I'm dumb and I don't want to be seen as smart. 

If people are threatened by you. And with being threatened I mean their egos being activated. It is not really good if you are trying to make friends or try to get your dick wet. 

I have been thinking about this and these are the options I have:

1. Don't give a fuck and be myself

2. Dumb myself down 

Popular knowledge says just be yourself but that is not my issue. I think it is a good ability to be able to connect with people who are around you. It is a might ability but does it just come down to acting?

I would talk to them about them. People like talky about themselves. And then you can relate certain points, and then connect it to you where relevant, and then reveal yourself that way. 

The beauty of recognizing spiritual ego and habitual judgement is emotional understanding and intrinsic happiness. 

FREEDOM from rumination on self referential thinking. 

You can’t be thought. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Somehow people just feel that I'm more developed than they

How do you know that?

Don't think too much about what people think. That's where you go wrong. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Somehow people just feel that I'm more developed than they and I can sense that they feel threatened.

Can you share three or more examples of this occuring?

2 hours ago, meow_meow said:

How do you know that?

"Can you absolutely know that it’s true?"

:x:ph34r:

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

I can confirm this is a real thing.

One time this lady asked me: "Are you aware that you are very different from other people?"

We literally had only done small talk.

She went on to disqualify herself by saying that she wasn't as developed as me, and she hoped that was okay, and I shouldn't expect her to be as far along the development journey as me, and she's just so far behind me, et cetera. She even said it makes her feel unsafe.

It was no problem, we had a couple dates after that, but she kept bringing it up in different ways, saying I was so far beyond the norm.

Again, only doing small talk and sharing stories and having intimacy. Not talking about anything serious or PD-related.

The bottom line is that you should really go find people who are on your level. She felt the truth of that before you did.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@StarStruck I am going through something similar.  Make sure you aren’t being condescending and try to become interested in people as they are. Meet people where they are at. Show interest in them rather than seeing their viewpoint as foolish etc. It can be hard to express interest in someone who doesn’t share your values, but in order to get along with people, you need to be able to comfortably express yourself, and be open and interested in others. Otherwise people will sense your inauthenticity and be guarded. Read Models: Attracting Women Through Honesty by Mark Manson. It will help your relationships with both with men and women.

If people don’t accept you for who you are, then why do you want to be around them anyway? If you are openminded and kind to them, and they still judge you, then be thankful that you didn’t waste your time on them, (especially in dating).

If you want to figure out how to get along with every one, work on becoming a spiral wizard. (Spiral Dynamics) Learn to identify a persons’ values and interests, accept their level of development, and talk with them in their own language.

Instead of trying to fit in with the crowd (dumb yourself down), create your own circle. Become a leader. You could start a meetup group for meditation or start a book club. Start going to events or places where people will share your interests. Library, meditation retreats, self help work shops, or anything related to your business/purpose. If the people you are surrounded by aren’t encouraging you to improve, then surround yourself with those that do. Take responsibility for you relationships, be choosy about who you let into your life. If a girl doesn’t like you, her loss. Find someone better, someone who you do vibe with. 

Edited by Logan