SS10

Does God grant wishes?

9 posts in this topic

From the perspective of stage blue/low orange shadow in which they "pray for egoic aims" such as more money, better house etc. is it in Gods possibility to grant our egoic wishes simply by praying to him? Does God think in that manner? Lets say I wanted a better job and i prayed for it, would God respond? Would the "nothingness" respond? Is there a differnece between the two?

@SS10 Read Conversations With God by Neale Donald Walsch. HE will explain it for you.

It depends on your definition of “god”. If you believe in an external “god” in human form, then one will construct their reality through that lens. If they pray for a sick family member and the person recovers, then god answered the prayer. If the person dies, then god decided they should be in heaven, or god is testing them or god is working in mysterious ways.

If someone doesn’t believe in an external god, then the question becomes silly. It would be like asking “Does Santa Claus grant wishes?”. If there is no Santa Claus, how can he grant wishes?

There are also other constructs of “god” humans create, yet it isn’t an external anthropomorphic god. It would be more like energetics, karma, LOA. For example, one may do visualizations of attracting a lover into their life. If someone entered their life, they may say it was LOA. 

In my entire life, I've only ever asked God for one thing, Truth.

And He delivered.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

The book Conversations with God explains it yes. Also a book from God/Source is 'ask and it is given' by Abraham Hicks. Name says it all. You only have to ask once and then stop being busy with it, because something can only come in your experience when you don't have (much) contradictory energy within you. So the energy of wanting a thing, or the feeling a sense of lack of what you want will keep it (longer) at bay. Ask and then know it's coming and/or do other stuff

Edited by Waken

To wish for a different reality is already resisting what is which will create the body suffering.

To wish is a strong word and represent an attachment to an outcome. 
Let go of your wishes and Happiness will arise.

Hope it helps?

If you define God as everything then asking God for things work exactly like affirmations and visualizations work. 

The road to God is paved with bliss.