Someone here

Absolute Truth or "perception"

118 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Someone here said:

Yes she enjoyed her time. Tell her I say "halo" back at her. 

Is that a "your mama" joke? :D

Naughty. Very naughty. Still... disappointment that you never really answered my question. Tis OK.... I'll let it go.

I'm disappointed the thread got derailed by dumb questions. 

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I'm disappointed the thread got derailed by dumb questions. 

Hmmm.... if "do you have a mother" is such a dumb question, and you are so smart...

Don't be upset.. If you like.. You can join your mother next time. But she might reject it. She wants it all for herself. 

-Osho

55 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ahahahaha :D

Okay, human.

xDxDxD you guys just relax me to the fullest.

3 hours ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Going beyond this objection can be done by recognizing that even if every being perceived the same thing it would not make it any more true than if every being perceived different things. In your direct experience, there are not other beings. In your “direct” INTERPRETATION, there are other beings. You’re literally everything. Not in the sense that you are some consciousness that sees through every being’s eyes at once necessarily, but in the sense that all that exists is what is held within consciousness. This is the unchanging truth. There’s no my consciousness and your consciousness. There’s just consciousness. 

Isn't that solipsism?  I wouldn't go as far as saying "there is only my experience and none of you guys are experiencing anything".  The correct formulation is "only my experience is certain to exist.".big difference. 

-Osho

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

seeing is an appearance. Eyes are a different appearance. The eyes don't see. You have no experience of the eyes seeing anything

Is there an “eye”, “seeing” or appearance “? 

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

ust like the 'dream world' at night.. It appears as if the dream character's eyes are seeing the dream world. But actually it's consciousness who is appearing as eyes.. As sight.. As world. 

“Sleeping “ has no difference than “during the day”. 

You still think (firstly “you”)  and conceptualize. Drop “you”. Rest is YOU. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Isn't that solipsism?  I wouldn't go as far as saying "there is only my experience and none of you guys are experiencing anything".  The correct formulation is "only my experience is certain to exist.".big difference. 

Can "myself" to be found in the direct experience? Investigate the direct experience not through the "monkey mind" mode, but through relaxation, through the peaceful peace. ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

27 minutes ago, James123 said:

Is there an "eye"? 

Yes. Of course. Go look at the mirror and find them. You can call them sweet potatoes for all I care.. But "they" are there. 

@allislove what monkey mind are you talking about?  Did you even read OP? 

-Osho

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes. Of course. Go look at the mirror and find them. You can call them sweet potatoes for all I care.. But "they" are there. 

No. This is still so called “experiencing” or something “you” have “learned “. Not the truth. Again; 

Peace! 

3409DB45-8CFD-4D9B-86F6-D4E494464F3A.jpeg

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

what monkey mind are you talking about? 

Belief in separation: "my experience", "I am separate entity", "I am right", "I know things", etc. 

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Did you even read OP? 

Yes, thanks for sharing  the ideas. Spiritual growth comes from letting go the old patterns, not by adding the new spiritual beliefs. Godspeed ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 minutes ago, allislove said:

Yes, thanks for sharing  the ideas. Spiritual growth comes from letting go the old patterns, not by adding the new spiritual beliefs. Godspeed ?

Dude what are you talking about? 

OP summarized :"no beliefs.. No conceptual knowledge. Only direct experience is Truth". 

-Osho

@James123 I know arguing with you is futility. 

-Osho

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

Look ... I'm not doing philosophy here.. This is serious consciousness work... Do you want absolute Truth???. 

Take out your hand.. Look at it.. That's it.. The experience of your hands is absolutely True.. Here it is!! . .. While any conceptual knowledge is uncertain. Your precise direct experience is the only certain thing in existence. It's more certain than all science and all religions and all spirituality and all everything. 

As soon as you put anything down in writing it becomes philosophy, and philosophy is serious work. Unless I'm missing something, truth is that which is not false, i.e. certain, undeniable, 100% evident. But all truth has a framing associated with it, which makes truth relative to its framing.

This Absolute Truth business is supposedly special though? It doesn't have a framing, because if it did it wouldn't be absolute. That is except for these three framings: nothing and everything and itself.

So, Direct Experience, does it have a framing? Is DE couched in nothing, everything or itself or something else?

My point is, Direct Experience is a concept and as such it's philosophy and as such its truthfulness is framed, which means from a different frame (viewpoint) it could be false. I can't experience my hands, because "hands" is purely a concept.

But I'm not so thick as to not understand what you are pointing to. It's just that anything I or you say about the experience of it is false.

All stories and explanations are false.

4 hours ago, LastThursday said:

Unless I'm missing something, truth is that which is not false, i.e. certain, undeniable, 100% evident. But all truth has a framing associated with it, which makes truth relative to its framing

Since we are communicating... There is the barrier of language. 

Absolute Truth is the framing itself. And the info that is being framed.  It's simply everything that exists or is happening. 

Are you denying that there is even such thing as "truth"?  Notice how self-defeating that claim is...... 

How can truth doesn't exist? Do you realize that Truth is the only thing there is?  Isn't your denial of Truth itself a claim of Truth? 

, Direct Experience, does it have a framing? Is DE couched in nothing, everything or itself or something else?

Direct experience is right here.   Take a look at it. Don't speculate.  Derive the answer from direct experience itself not through thinking about it abstractly. 

My point is, Direct Experience is a concept. 

No. 

How so?  How is your experience of sight a concept? How is your hand a concept? I just don't get it 

A concept would be something like "the holy trinity". Or "atoms and molecules". Which you have never experienced directly 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

50 minutes ago, Someone here said:

How is your hand a concept? I just don't get it 

Use the DE force Luke.

Go look at your hands for a bit. Then repeat the word "hands" for a few times out loud. Heck say it in Spanish for clearer effect: "manos".

If you like, I'll do the same but I'll say the word "truth" instead. 

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

@LastThursday

you could call it cheesecake if you like.  Now your point Is that the raw data is not the same thing as the label  ?  Yes will give ya that.

4 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Go look at your hands for a bit.

Now stick with the raw data of the thing that we colloquially call "hand"..  How is that not "the Truth"?. Or the thing that we colloquially understand from the word "Truth"? 

-Osho

@Someone here You see, what I don't agree with this direct perception thing is, that you cannot gain knowledge from this. Because from your direct experience, I don't perceive anything, I am just a meat robot that imitates a human. You talk about different creatures even though you cannot know if they are sentient by using your direct perception.

How can you know that the thing you are is the same as me. have you perceived being me? So there is no consciousness within my being, from my perspective, there is no consciousness within you. You are not consciousness you are only an object within my consciousness. You see how this doesn't make sense up until a certain point. I literally just made a post about it building a worldview built on perception =only truth.

What Kant said about the filtered perception of the world, doesn't influence the structure of consciousness, just it's objects.