kieranperez

Rupert Spira on Sam Harris Podcast

297 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Mannyb which again, is Sam's point. This 'limited' contraction (materialism) is the only paradigm in which this conversation ever 'matters'. 

It is Rupert’s point, Sam doesn’t get it the way we do. He believes the contraction to be “it”, the map to be the territory. Otherwise he’d be the one teaching the direct path.

Edited by Mannyb

@Mannyb Sam and I agree that it doesn't matter, unless it does. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

53 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

There was never an ocean either ❤ :o

Metaphors are used as pointers. Doesn't mean one believes things exist :P

1 minute ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Mannyb Sam and I agree that it doesn't matter, unless it does. 

Misery loves company. 

@Mannyb good thing I'm alone (oneness), and there is no company. 

1 minute ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Mannyb good thing I'm alone (oneness), and there is no company. 

Good luck explaining that to Sam, with whom you seem to agree to things.

24 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Yes, it's a shift in perspective and any Self-realized being knows that. However we still use language to communicate and deliver these perspectives, while fully knowing the existential reality. Illusion fighting the illusion.

It's not a shift, it's the collapsing or death of the sense of self which is simultaneously recognized to have never been real in the first place.

There isn't a self at all in any language.

There isn't a higher self, a lower self, a self realized self or anything in between. Post real awakening these misunderstandings are recognized as nothing more than continued projections of the illusory self within the dream story attempting to rebuild its box of knowing...❤

"Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the
crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing through the facade of pretence. It's the complete eradication of everything we
imagined to be true"

- Adyashanti

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Mannyb 'I' could only ever explain it to 'him' while predenting it's not true. 

This would be tantamount to convincing a character in my dream that they are just a character in my dream. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

@VeganAwake

8 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

It's not a shift, it's the collapsing or death of the sense of self which is simultaneously recognized to have never been real in the first place.

There isn't a self at all in any language.

There isn't a higher self, a lower self, a self realized self or anything in between. Post real awakening these misunderstandings are recognized as nothing more than continued projections of the illusory self within the dream story attempting to rebuild its box of knowing...❤

"Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the
crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing through the facade of pretence. It's the complete eradication of everything we
imagined to be true"

- Adyashanti

Agreed, but how is this not a perspective?

1 hour ago, Mannyb said:

Nor a universe, which Sam believes in haha

But I'm talking about the ocean of knowing otherwise known as the Mind Matrix. 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

10 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Mannyb 'I' could only ever explain it to 'him' while predenting it's not true. 

This would be tantamount to convincing a character in my dream that they are just a character in my dream. 

That’s precisely how you became aware of the dream, another character told you, isn’t it? 

3 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

But I'm talking about the ocean of knowing otherwise known as the Mind Matrix. 

“But yes, one seamless ocean and all apparent things like currents within the ocean.” Rupert Spira

Edited by Mannyb

@Mannyb the characters of my dream only exist while I'm in it. To admit of the 'realness' of the characters in my dream is to be lost in the dream. 

16 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Mannyb the characters of my dream only exist while I'm in it. To admit of the 'realness' of the characters in my dream is to be lost in the dream. 

True. Doesn’t change the fact that while you/I were identifying with a character, that character was “pushed” to admit to being aware of the dream by another seeming “character” at first, only to realize that I am always aware of being aware.

Edited by Mannyb

16 minutes ago, Natasha said:

@VeganAwake

Agreed, but how is this not a perspective?

Words will always will be understood differently.

There will always appear to be an individual perspective until there's not. ❤

@Mannyb it would be ridiculous for me to think I'm a character in someone else's dream. 

7 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Mannyb it would be ridiculous for me to think I'm a character in someone else's dream. 

Although, according to Sam you might be, who really knows? That is true agnosticism, isn’t it? 
Since you find it ridiculous, you don’t truly agree with him, if you did, you’d find it reasonable.

Edited by Mannyb

3 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Words will always will be understood differently.

There will always appear to be an individual perspective until there's not. ❤

Indeed :)

@Mannyb I doubt Sam entertains the idea that he is a character in someone else's dream. He is pretty adamant that the self is an illusion, without making any claims about 'who' is the Illustrator. 

His point is- if there's no 'materialism', then there is no 'you' or 'me' who can be 'convinced' of anything.  

Without being lost in the dream, there are no characters in the dream. 

1 hour ago, Mason Riggle said:

If you think there's a Sam Harris who doesn't 'get it', that only comes from a place of 'not getting it'. 

You're the epitome of conflating the relative with the absolute.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.