intotheblack

mass systemic rape in Uighur camps

80 posts in this topic

@erik8lrl That's a hell of a post there.

Nobody made the claim about a genocide, but there are undoubtedly mass concentration camps where a lot of pretty evil stuff is going down (including mass forced sterilization which is arguably a form of genocide.) 

Of course from the Chinese government's POV they just want to (forcefully) conform the Uighurs, not exterminate them. So congratulations, China is better than Nazi Germany but boy that's a very low bar. I hope you can see the wrongdoing of the Chinese government yourself because I am not interested in lecturing here.  

Edited by Vrubel

@erik8lrl the original post wasn’t about genocide it’s about reporting of mass organised rape within the camps.  U think this is fake too? Why would they lie 

12 minutes ago, erik8lrl said:

Maybe, just maybe, they are trying to educate the Uighurs to prevent them from becoming Islamic terrorists. Maybe since Xinjiang is the gateway from China to the middle east, and the frequent terrorist attacks that happened in Xinjiang over the past 10-20 years that killed many innocent civilians have something to do with it. Maybe it is because a large portion of the Uighur population in Xingjian is extremely poor and can't speak Chinese, so they are teaching them Chinese, so they can do business across the country and get out of poverty. And maybe instead of bombing the cities and civilians to end terrorism like the US, China is trying to end terrorism through education. Just maybe

Even if the moon was made of cheese (what do we know, right?), your reasoning would still be criminal. What's next? Probably "they were only following orders"...

3 minutes ago, intotheblack said:

@erik8lrl the original post wasn’t about genocide it’s about reporting of mass organised rape within the camps.

What would be the purpose of the alledged crimes if not genocide?

I think western media is pretty accurate about this description. There's no false reporting here. 

Where there's smoke there's a fire..

How can the rape of so many women be thought of as some sort of a collusion by western media is beyond me? 

If anything at all, it has brought more attention to an issue that rarely gets looked at in the international media. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@erik8lrl  Very in-depth post, which is great to me, another perspective on this issue. However, the issue of how the chinese government's way of ethically educating  Uighurs is questionable, along with the alleged concentration camps and treatment of them, which all still remains. I'm with you that western media is biased, but there no denying CNN'S gathering of information, and the mounting reports of these concentration camp's existence and the reports from the people who have experienced them. How do we address China's ethical approach in this issue of dealing with terrorism, and how they indoctrinate? Can countries outside China do anything at all in this situation?

@commie I don’t know.  But these women weren’t necessarily killed, but raped and tortured and broken, then later released. There were reports that some women did disappear.  

1 minute ago, intotheblack said:

But these women weren’t necessarily killed

Killing everyone (as the Nazis briefly tried to do) is a form of genocide but that's not what genocide means or the ultimate purpose of genocide.

"The policy flows from China's President, Xi Jinping, who visited Xinjiang in 2014 in the wake of a terror attack by Uighur separatists. Shortly after, according to documents leaked to the New York Times, he directed local officials to respond with "absolutely no mercy"."

Yup, that's how devilry happens.

@erik8lrl Don't bullshit us. China is definitely racist as fuck and they have a long history of doing evil shit like this in Tibet. They kidnapped one of the Dalai Lamas.

When I told this to my former Chinese girlfriend, she started to cry because it sounded so evil.

As bad as the US is, China is up to evil shit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

maybe China thinks that they are some possible terrorist. 

I wonder who propagated this idea in the first place. 

It's simple. China wants to eliminate religion, spirituality, and Islam. Leadership is materialist & atheist there, as in Soviet Russia.

What they're doing is analogous to what Hitler was doing.

"Uighur separatists."

"What would be the purpose of the alledged crimes "

My theory is that the Chinese govt is paranoid about the "country" splitting up (actually China could be better described as an empire than a country). So they squash anything that might be a separatist movement. Like Tibet in the south, Muslims in the west, democrats in Hong Kong, they don't even accept Taiwan as a separate country. It's imperialism imo. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

india and france have similar attitude btw. they can't copy the chinese methods of course, but they are trying.

3 minutes ago, modmyth said:

I've never really been able to stomach my mom and other mostly older Chinese people's support of what the Chinese government has done here, or with Tibet, or with the Falun Gong.

What do you expect from a civilization that has no free press? They are all brainwashed from birth to be anti-democracy.

Just now, Husseinisdoingfine said:

The Chinese communist party has done so much to materially improve China wealth wise

But would China have done just as well if not better under a capitalist party?

2 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

What matters is that China is a one party state, therefore they’re able to make rapid reforms and swift decisions.

Well, now you're talking about the pros and cons of democracy vs authoritarianism.

China is ahead of India because China became the manufacturing capital of the world and chief trading partner with the US.

@Fadldo you mean the attitude towards Muslims? Could be, but there's also examples of Muslim countries with discrimination against other religions. It's a systemic human (ego) problem I'm afraid, we all share some of the guilt. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

3 minutes ago, modmyth said:

My mom grew up under the British rule of Hong Kong and had been influenced by Western media from various sources since she was pretty young, at least starting from her early to mid teens. I expected more from her, I guess. Hong Konger identity is kind of conflicted/ schizoid in a way, or has been; I'm not sure how things are now.

Not all of her friends feel this way, for example. But quite a few of them do skew towards this kind of conservationism or will just look away from all of this stuff.

Hong Kong is very different from mainland China. At least it was. Not for long.

And don't forget, Boomers gonna Boom ;)

My Hong Kong gf was very pro-democracy and pro-West.

whenever you are meditating/psychedelicing/channeling ...etc try to ask yourself  what make the devils hate religions so bad.