Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SamC

How long does spiritual purification take?

14 posts in this topic

Here we go again. Another egobacklash and another realization that I'm even more fucked up than I previously thought. Haven't heard that one before..¬¬

It honsetly feels like I am listening to a super old and annoying song that goes on repeat forever. When will I reach a point where my neurosis just fucking stop? When will I become somewhat authentic so that I surely can say that I am myself? 

Right now it seems like the more meditation I do, the more I realize that I'm not even close to dissolving the surface level of my identity and ego that is robbing my happiness in life. It's discouraging ( but kinda amusing at the same time)

How long did it take for you guys to shred past your ego? When did it finally click for where you felt okey with yourself. Would love some hope and inspiration.

Note: I'm aware this is a part of the journy. I know my core problem is lack of self worth/ low self esteem and that I won't feel awsome all the time. What I would love is simply some motivation, hope and words of encouragement.

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

I find these two stories to be inspiring:

@SamC peace & happiness is our true nature, so you can recognize it too. ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

How long does thought attachment take? 

3 hours ago, SamC said:

Here we go again. Another egobacklash and another realization that I'm even more fucked up than I previously thought. Haven't heard that one before..¬¬

It honsetly feels like I am listening to a super old and annoying song that goes on repeat forever. When will I reach a point where my neurosis just fucking stop? When will I become somewhat authentic so that I surely can say that I am myself? 

Right now it seems like the more meditation I do, the more I realize that I'm not even close to dissolving the surface level of my identity and ego that is robbing my happiness in life. It's discouraging ( but kinda amusing at the same time)

How long did it take for you guys to shred past your ego? When did it finally click for where you felt okey with yourself. Would love some hope and inspiration.

Note: I'm aware this is a part of the journy. I know my core problem is lack of self worth/ low self esteem and that I won't feel awsome all the time.

Examples...ego, ego backlash, I’m fucked up, my neurosis, I could become authentic (am not authentically me already), I could say that I am myself (already are thus it can’t be said), surfaces, identity, ego is robbing Happiness, you guys and your ego (not two), I could feel ok with a myself, problem, lack, self worth (you are not measurable), low self esteem (a thought & interpretation of yourself which doesn’t resonate but is believed anyways, thus missing you are yourself - not what the thought is about), that there is an I which could feel awesomeness (you = awesomeness). 

3 hours ago, SamC said:

What I would love is simply some motivation, hope and words of encouragement.

Why? Nothing’s wrong with you already. ? Inspect thoughts which feel like poop, rather than believing them about yourself thus misinterpreting feeling. Bring an end to the suffering. 

Motivation is thinking, it’s the avoidance of unwanted. Consider feeling - inspiration - the natural experience of focusing upon wanted and expanding this Love, that you are.

The desire for hope is really un-checked thoughts of pessimism about your future.  Thoughts which don’t resonate with the Being sought. Thoughts which can be let go, by no longer focusing upon them. Sounds boring, but actually liberates God....

Which Is this place, this reality, now. Without focus on a thought about myself, a past or a future, presence remains.

Presence = contentment. The willingness to let go of what doesn’t resonate = being content with whatever is, right now, and only right now. 

Being non-condition focused, not-judging-anything focused, is contentment, which feels much better than pessimism. 

In the good feeling of contentment...perspective automatically changes. The source of perspectives is pure Goodness. Let a poop perspective go, God feeds you Goodness. You can not get it, or earn it. It’s unconditional and ever available, always. 

Which can rightfully be said to feel hopeful, which feels way better than contentment. 

In feeling hopeful, Good perspectives arise about your future, and you begin to believe them. You begin to feel optimistic. You begin to actually expect the future will unfold in a manor in accordance, in alignment, with how you feel. When you feel amazing, you’re un-mother-fucking-stoppable. 

And that is invigorating. That is knock-the-doors-off-this-place-nothing-can-stop-me awesomeness of you. 

That is passion. 

Before you now it, you start loving this whole “creating” “attracting” dealy. 

And that is joy. 

That is ‘why you came’. 

That is freedom. 

You are the creator of your reality. 

The tool for a creator is The Emotional Scale. After using it maybe, 10 to 20 times, the body mind does it on autopilot. “It” likes, and wants, the love & bliss too. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

A long time, but time is relative. It's taken me about 3 years of meditating 1 hour every day to start to feel an inner peace independent of external circumstance. This was also coupled with tons of contemplation, exploring psychedelics, and trying to build the foundation of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Moreover, I've recently bumped it to 2+ hours of day of practice and tbh, it wasn't until I launched into this even more extreme amount of meditating that the peace and elevated consciousness start to truly permeate into waking life. But my god has it been worth it. I can't even begin to articulate the wonders, beauty, healing, and peace that I've started to find completely from within... And the great news is you can too! :)

Keep going. You have an entire lifetime of refinement and mastery. Think of this work as having no end, but don't let that depress you. Let it inspire you. Self mastery is the ultimate hero's journey after all, it would be lame if it really did have an end. Imagine where you'll be in 10 years after committing to this work seriously. Your progress would be unreal. 

The other thing I'd like to point out that I've learned on the path is that eventually you start to hit a watershed moment where serious momentum starts building. There's an exponential take off in baseline consciousness. You can slowly work towards this watershed event, or you can press yourself to the limit and go through more aggressive waves of purification by pressing the limits of manual practice. Yet interestingly, as you continue to press like this, the waves of purification start to lose their stickiness. You stop taking them so seriously, you see how you're actively participating in the negativity and can literally just "stop" producing suffering. 

Just keep in mind the peace, happiness, and truth you're after must be discovered to be independent of external conditions, meaning it must transcend all states of consciousness from the most mundane to the most psychedelic. The only way I've found to approach this is to face both the insanity of tripping balls and the extremities of boredom while sober. Find that which transcends all of it.

Serious practice, hours upon hours upon hours of meditation and contemplation is where I'd turn. You got this B|

Edited by Consilience

I recently took a huge leap in my journey and learned a new 'technique', which I now want to share with everyone for some reason. If you try it, let me know how it works so I'll know if I should keep sharing it.

Take it or leave it, but try it first:

IT'S ALL ABOUT FEELING

Just sit or lie down in a comfortable position. I prefer lying down. Relax your body.

Focus on your FEELINGS. Let thoughts do what they are doing, but focus on your FEELINGS. Whatever you feel, feel it fully, let it come. Realize that emotions make your body to tense up or relax, etc. Notice how different feelings make your body feel.

Don't try to eliminate your thoughts. As you focus on FEELING, notice how certain thoughts/perspectives/beliefs that you hold in your awareness make you feel. Notice how certain emotions is felt at different areas in the body.

That's it.

What happens when you focus and become more conscious of your emotions, is that there will be greater access to choosing better feeling thought/perspective/belief. This will happen 'automatically' as you become more aware. At first, there will be subtle changes, just tiny observations as to how certain thought/perspective/beliefs feel and tiny choosings for the better feeling ones. This goes on and the river gains momentum as you keep choosing to feel better, and greater relief will be experienced.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

4 hours ago, SamC said:

That's a good sign of a significant realization. :) 

4 hours ago, SamC said:

I think I've had that song on repeat aswell.. or maybe it was a different song. It might be old and annoying but the hardest part could be that you don't know how many times it will play until it stops.

What I did was I stopped listening to it. I took long walks or something that connected me to my senses. That way the intensity of it lessened and after a while it didn't bother me anymore even though it still was playing in the background. Eventually it stopped even though I can't recollect the moment it did. When you don't care whether it's playing or not it doesn't really matter anymore. ?

28 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

That's a good sign of a significant realization. :) 

I think I've had that song on repeat aswell.. or maybe it was a different song. It might be old and annoying but the hardest part could be that you don't know how many times it will play until it stops.

For me its DECAPICITO  ??:P which song was it for you??

For real though. Yeah I know I know. I just freaked the fuck out today^_^

What I did was I stopped listening to it. I took long walks or something that connected me to my senses. That way the intensity of it lessened and after a while it didn't bother me anymore even though it still was playing in the background. Eventually it stopped even though I can't recollect the moment it did. When you don't care whether it's playing or not it doesn't really matter anymore. ?

Yeah, or maybe I should join the dark side and start digging the old repetitive songs like Trump:P

Might have to come up with a better dance for that though 

Welcometoreality ???:P

Screenshot_20210131-000942_Google.jpg

Edited by SamC

4 hours ago, allislove said:

I find these two stories to be inspiring:

@SamC peace & happiness is our true nature, so you can recognize it too. ?

Thanks a ton man!

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

How long does thought attachment take? 

Examples...ego, ego backlash, I’m fucked up, my neurosis, I could become authentic (am not authentically me already), I could say that I am myself (already are thus it can’t be said), surfaces, identity, ego is robbing Happiness, you guys and your ego (not two), I could feel ok with a myself, problem, lack, self worth (you are not measurable), low self esteem (a thought & interpretation of yourself which doesn’t resonate but is believed anyways, thus missing you are yourself - not what the thought is about), that there is an I which could feel awesomeness (you = awesomeness). 

Why? Nothing’s wrong with you already. ? Inspect thoughts which feel like poop, rather than believing them about yourself thus misinterpreting feeling. Bring an end to the suffering. 

Motivation is thinking, it’s the avoidance of unwanted. Consider feeling - inspiration - the natural experience of focusing upon wanted and expanding this Love, that you are.

The desire for hope is really un-checked thoughts of pessimism about your future.  Thoughts which don’t resonate with the Being sought. Thoughts which can be let go, by no longer focusing upon them. Sounds boring, but actually liberates God....

Which Is this place, this reality, now. Without focus on a thought about myself, a past or a future, presence remains.

Presence = contentment. The willingness to let go of what doesn’t resonate = being content with whatever is, right now, and only right now. 

Being non-condition focused, not-judging-anything focused, is contentment, which feels much better than pessimism. 

In the good feeling of contentment...perspective automatically changes. The source of perspectives is pure Goodness. Let a poop perspective go, God feeds you Goodness. You can not get it, or earn it. It’s unconditional and ever available, always. 

Which can rightfully be said to feel hopeful, which feels way better than contentment. 

In feeling hopeful, Good perspectives arise about your future, and you begin to believe them. You begin to feel optimistic. You begin to actually expect the future will unfold in a manor in accordance, in alignment, with how you feel. When you feel amazing, you’re un-mother-fucking-stoppable. 

And that is invigorating. That is knock-the-doors-off-this-place-nothing-can-stop-me awesomeness of you. 

That is passion. 

Before you now it, you start loving this whole “creating” “attracting” dealy. 

And that is joy. 

That is ‘why you came’. 

That is freedom. 

You are the creator of your reality. 

The tool for a creator is The Emotional Scale. After using it maybe, 10 to 20 times, the body mind does it on autopilot. “It” likes, and wants, the love & bliss too. 

Preaching. Thanks a ton bro!

1 hour ago, Consilience said:

A long time, but time is relative. It's taken me about 3 years of meditating 1 hour every day to start to feel an inner peace independent of external circumstance. This was also coupled with tons of contemplation, exploring psychedelics, and trying to build the foundation of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Moreover, I've recently bumped it to 2+ hours of day of practice and tbh, it wasn't until I launched into this even more extreme amount of meditating that the peace and elevated consciousness start to truly permeate into waking life. But my god has it been worth it. I can't even begin to articulate the wonders, beauty, healing, and peace that I've started to find completely from within... And the great news is you can too! :)

Keep going. You have an entire lifetime of refinement and mastery. Think of this work as having no end, but don't let that depress you. Let it inspire you. Self mastery is the ultimate hero's journey after all, it would be lame if it really did have an end. Imagine where you'll be in 10 years after committing to this work seriously. Your progress would be unreal. 

The other thing I'd like to point out that I've learned on the path is that eventually you start to hit a watershed moment where serious momentum starts building. There's an exponential take off in baseline consciousness. You can slowly work towards this watershed event, or you can press yourself to the limit and go through more aggressive waves of purification by pressing the limits of manual practice. Yet interestingly, as you continue to press like this, the waves of purification start to lose their stickiness. You stop taking them so seriously, you see how you're actively participating in the negativity and can literally just "stop" producing suffering. 

Just keep in mind the peace, happiness, and truth you're after must be discovered to be independent of external conditions, meaning it must transcend all states of consciousness from the most mundane to the most psychedelic. The only way I've found to approach this is to face both the insanity of tripping balls and the extremities of boredom while sober. Find that which transcends all of it.

Serious practice, hours upon hours upon hours of meditation and contemplation is where I'd turn. You got this B|

Lol. Yeah I have a lot more work ahead of me. I'm excited though.

How long are your meditation sessions? Right now I I think I land on 1 and a half ich of different meditation and breathwork techniques but those are spread put during the day. ( 20 min a pice) Do you recommend start doing longer sessions ( 1 hour instead)?@Consilience

51 minutes ago, roopepa said:

I recently took a huge leap in my journey and learned a new 'technique', which I now want to share with everyone for some reason. If you try it, let me know how it works so I'll know if I should keep sharing it.

Take it or leave it, but try it first:

IT'S ALL ABOUT FEELING

Just sit or lie down in a comfortable position. I prefer lying down. Relax your body.

Focus on your FEELINGS. Let thoughts do what they are doing, but focus on your FEELINGS. Whatever you feel, feel it fully, let it come. Realize that emotions make your body to tense up or relax, etc. Notice how different feelings make your body feel.

Don't try to eliminate your thoughts. As you focus on FEELING, notice how certain thoughts/perspectives/beliefs that you hold in your awareness make you feel. Notice how certain emotions is felt at different areas in the body.

That's it.

What happens when you focus and become more conscious of your emotions, is that there will be greater access to choosing better feeling thought/perspective/belief. This will happen 'automatically' as you become more aware. At first, there will be subtle changes, just tiny observations as to how certain thought/perspective/beliefs feel and tiny choosings for the better feeling ones. This goes on and the river gains momentum as you keep choosing to feel better, and greater relief will be experienced.

Will try it. Seems really interesting!

@SamC Rather than a mindset of either 100% pure or 100% impure, another way to measure growth is how long it takes me to "come back" and re-wake up.

Consider that a meditation session is a microcosm of awakenings. In the beginning, the monkey mind is active the whole time. Yet after some meditation practice, the mind realizes it drifted off and awareness returns. Yet the mind may wander off for twenty minutes before the mind realizes "Oh, I'm supposed to be aware of my breath. How's my breath doing?". Every time the mind realizes it lost awareness is a mini-awakening. As well, the mind may rebel "Meditation is boring. I want to do other stuff. This is a waste of time". Yet with practice and "purification" the mind begins to return to awareness spontaneously and effortlessly - without beating oneself up.

In terms of purification, I'd say it depends on the impurity. Some clogs in the pipes are dense and take some time and effort to clear. Other clogs are thin and just takes one shot of Drano to clear out. 

@Leo Gura What do you say?

20 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

@SamC Rather than a mindset of either 100% pure or 100% impure, another way to measure growth is how long it takes me to "come back" and re-wake up.

Consider that a meditation session is a microcosm of awakenings. In the beginning, the monkey mind is active the whole time. Yet after some meditation practice, the mind realizes it drifted off and awareness returns. Yet the mind may wander off for twenty minutes before the mind realizes "Oh, I'm supposed to be aware of my breath. How's my breath doing?". Every time the mind realizes it lost awareness is a mini-awakening. As well, the mind may rebel "Meditation is boring. I want to do other stuff. This is a waste of time". Yet with practice and "purification" the mind begins to return to awareness spontaneously and effortlessly - without beating oneself up.

Love that one. What I've noticed lately is that I get into meditation super quick nowadays. Sometimes I just need 1 minute and than bam I am concious again. Atleast for a while

20 minutes ago, Forestluv said:

In terms of purification, I'd say it depends on the impurity. Some clogs in the pipes are dense and take some time and effort to clear. Other clogs are thin and just takes one shot of Drano to clear out. 

How long would you say it takes for a big ass clog to clear?

@Forestluv

It only takes as long as you need to realize that "you" are temporary. You are infinite, and we are all You. Nothing that is real can be threatened. ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, SamC said:

How long are your meditation sessions? Right now I I think I land on 1 and a half ich of different meditation and breathwork techniques but those are spread put during the day. ( 20 min a pice) Do you recommend start doing longer sessions ( 1 hour instead)

I would definitely recommend longer sessions yes. I've found there to be a unique benefit from the longer sits. So for example, 1 hour of meditation per day in 3 sessions is not equivalent to 1 hour of meditation per day in 1 session. That increased length of sitting will pay off. 

11 hours ago, SamC said:

For me its DECAPICITO  ??:P which song was it for you??

For real though. Yeah I know I know. I just freaked the fuck out today^_^

Yeah, or maybe I should join the dark side and start digging the old repetitive songs like Trump:P

Might have to come up with a better dance for that though 

Welcometoreality ???:P

Screenshot_20210131-000942_Google.jpg

Trump got the moves like Jagger ?