EternalDream

Life Purpose Course: How much work to find the LP?

14 posts in this topic

Hello all.

I'm considering taking the Life Purpose Course. Right now I am studying at university, but I don't know if I want to make a living from it. I will have completed my first degree in summer 2021 and then have to decide whether to do something else or continue studying. I mean the study really does interest me, but I don't feel a sense of passion. I think i can get more out of life than that. I wonder what my Life Purpose will be, right now I don't have a fucking clue :D. It probably has to do with helping others.

Anyways, my question to you guys is: How much time does one need on average to find (not to actualize!) his/her Life Purpose with the help of the Course? The course lasts 25 hours, and I guess that's not even the half of the work? Could someone share their experience? I have a few months pause between my current study and my next one, which starts in autumn 2021 and hopefully that is enough time.

I did it in 3 days but i was really serious at the time. It's better to take your time maybe complete it in one month. If you really want to do it right though you will continue the exercises everyday after finishing it. 

Took me a few months. 3 days seems like too much as once. It’s an overall course for finding your core values and creating a strong vision for yourself. You purpose might change over time. 

im still working mine out.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

You are thinking about this all wrong. It does not matter how long it takes. Even if it take 10 years it would be worth it.

Don't concern yourself with timelines, concern yourself with taking the right strategic action.

To not know your LP is a giant strategic blunder in life.

If you are pursuing the right things it makes little difference how long it takes.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I did it a few years ago.  I took a few years to complete it too, I'm pretty sure.  

I still don't feel I have a direct and confident sense of some elements of my life purpose, like my medium, zone of genius (some hints), and some other stuff.  Though, I'm 60-70% confident that my long-term vision is to create some sort of retreat center/research center for consciousness and psychology and perhaps self-sustainable community with it.  

I still don't have the practicalities and what exact creative thing or skills I'll be employing on the daily.  

Definitely don't feel a sense of passion yet.  But, maybe feeling a bit closer.

I think I need to experiment more and gain more experiences.  

Emotional-mental issues I think are also hampering my progress some.  But am working through them and gaining knowledge along the way.  These troubles will also probably (I can't see how not) be integrated into my life purpose and how/what I contribute.

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

Ultimately, I think you will get, what you put in.

I am right in the middle of the Life Purpose Course and there is a lot to contemplate, material to read, and do; if you are not already meditating and journaling consistently.

Figuring out your life purpose could take you as long as the course, months, or years. I think it depends on your level of development and authenticity, and genuinely doing the exercises and contemplation.

Even if you didn't figure out your life purpose, Leo does an excellent job of creating enthusiasm and a sense of urgency, to do so.

Practically speaking - As I do the course, I feel more motivated, focused, solidifying my direction in life, facing fears, and I am learning how to judge what's really important. So I appreciate the course! 

Edited by SgtPepper

Took me 3 months, i did it in 2016. I did one video per day in the morning before going to work. Have a specific diary or journal and write down notes, a lot of them then review during the day. Whatever it takes, that's fine. 

Took me another 4 years to change my education. So worth it!! ?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I'm a late bloomer or something, but I took the course 2,5 times. Meaning, took it once on whole and was still confused (clearly not ready, I had very poor knowledge of myself). Some time passed and I started it again, but I dropped out after dabbling around (0,5). I finally committed to it and took the course again on whole. So yeah, hours... A lot. But what else am I going to do to kill time between these two eternal darknesses, eh? And yeah, it definitely was worth it, I'm pursuing my purpose at the moment fully committed.

Edit: I believe I purchased the course in 2017 and for the last 6 months has my purpose been clear to me, so that gives some more tangible reference maybe.

Edited by Eva
Adding

Yeah that said i'm still figuring out the details and revisit some videos. There is also a booklist that i haven't finished but i'm in the middle of. For example i'm not sure what my niche should be but i'm sure that i will figure it out by working on it. 

Edited by BlackMaze

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you are pursuing the right things it makes little difference how long it takes.

“Perhaps we'll never know how far the path can go, how much a human being can truly achieve, until we realize that the ultimate reward is not a gold medal but the path itself.”
― George Leonard, Mastery: The Keys to Success and Long-Term Fulfillment

Great book.

Edited by Intraplanetary

softly into the Abyss...

18 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

If you really want to do it right though you will continue the exercises everyday after finishing it. 

Ah okay. How much time do the exercises take? Just interested.

17 hours ago, Thought Art said:

You purpose might change over time.

That's a point I didn't even think of.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Even if it take 10 years it would be worth it.

Hmm, you are probably right. 10 years would really be a gigantic challenge.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't concern yourself with timelines, concern yourself with taking the right strategic action.

And the right strategic action is taking the money and time to do it.

8 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I did it a few years ago.  I took a few years to complete it too, I'm pretty sure.  

Definitely don't feel a sense of passion yet.  But, maybe feeling a bit closer.

Emotional-mental issues I think are also hampering my progress some.  But am working through them and gaining knowledge along the way.  These troubles will also probably (I can't see how not) be integrated into my life purpose and how/what I contribute.

Alright. Thanks for sharing your experience, I wish you success on your further actualization:)

7 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

Ultimately, I think you will get, what you put in.

As always in life.

7 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

Figuring out your life purpose could take you as long as the course, months, or years. I think it depends on your level of development and authenticity, and genuinely doing the exercises and contemplation.

Even if you didn't figure out your life purpose, Leo does an excellent job of creating enthusiasm and a sense of urgency, to do so.

Practically speaking - As I do the course, I feel more motivated, focused, solidifying my direction in life, facing fears, and I am learning how to judge what's really important. So I appreciate the course! 

That sounds very cool anyways. Hopefully I'll be able to do the exercises genuinely, I'm already meditating and journaling on a daily basis.

7 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Took me 3 months, i did it in 2016. I did one video per day in the morning before going to work. Have a specific diary or journal and write down notes, a lot of them then review during the day. Whatever it takes, that's fine. 

Took me another 4 years to change my education. So worth it!! ?

Thanks for your sharing :)

7 hours ago, Eva said:

I'm a late bloomer or something, but I took the course 2,5 times. Meaning, took it once on whole and was still confused (clearly not ready, I had very poor knowledge of myself). Some time passed and I started it again, but I dropped out after dabbling around (0,5). I finally committed to it and took the course again on whole. So yeah, hours... A lot. But what else am I going to do to kill time between these two eternal darknesses, eh? And yeah, it definitely was worth it, I'm pursuing my purpose at the moment fully committed.

Edit: I believe I purchased the course in 2017 and for the last 6 months has my purpose been clear to me, so that gives some more tangible reference maybe.

Congrats on your success :) and thanks for your sharing.

@EternalDream as much as you want.. Anything between 15' and an hour. I'm guilty of not doing them consistently and therefore my results are coming alot slower. Of course i'm planning on changing that. If you have the discipline needed and keep working at it for years i can't see a reason to fail exactly because almost noone is doing those things daily. 

@EternalDream  I purchased the Life Purpose Course about 2 years ago. I finished about 70% when got sidetracked/lazy and went back to general personal development for a year and a half. During that time I was reading a lot of books from Leo's book list. I also researched careers revolving around things I was most interested. Ecosystems, animals, history professor, martial arts, guns (I was fascinated by the mechanisms and with competitive shooting sports), military (almost enlisted twice because I didn't want to take responsibility for my career/life, thank God I didn't!!!), race car driver, park ranger, & amateur hockey scout among others. I researched people who had careers in these fields and what their experiences, regrets, etc. were so I didn't have to go through the whole process myself. I saved myself a lot of wasted years doing this, although finishing the course the first time through would have been ideal. The 2-3 years it took me to find my purpose was absolutely worth it.

As for my purpose, I was browsing Leo's older video's a about a month back and finally decided to re-watch his life-coaching videos. I knew as I was watching the first video that that was what I wanted to do. I am now finishing up the LPC to get inspired, create a plan, etc. I can't recommend the LPC enough. It will change your life if you take it seriously and do the work. Best $250 I ever spent. Good luck

Excuse the Quote boxes

Edited by Logan

@Logan Hey thanks for your detailed response dude, I am really happy for you that you are now so successful :)